Stitches is a crossover between Fate/stay night and Bleach by Farmer Kyle in which Ichigo Kurosaki takes a trip to Fuyuki City in order to get away from Karakura for a bit so that he can get over the fairly recent loss of his Shinigami powers and finish a school project. Getting attacked by Caster and nearly killed, Ichigo unintentionally summons the Servant Assassin and is thrust into the Fifth Holy Grail War.
It hasn't been updated since 2013,, making it a Dead Fic.
Stitches contains examples of:
- Badass Adorable: Assassin. Badass? Check. Cute as a bug's ear? Check.
- Badass Bookworm: Ichigo's willing to begin working on his project a month before it's due (logical to anyone wanting to keep their grades up). He's accused of being a nerd by Keigo, who promptly gets socked for it.
- Because You Were Nice to Me: Assassin is devoted to protecting Ichigo because his soul feels "warm and pure" and because he's kind to her, behavior that is unlike that of any father she's ever seen.
- Brought Down to Normal: Ichigo. He lost his powers to defeat Aizen during the Winter War, as per canon.
- Deadpan Snarker: Ichigo is this both in his thoughts and when talking to others.
- Determinator: Ichigo refuses to die to Caster, for the sake of both not letting the sacrifices he made throughout his life be in vain and the sheer ridiculousness of dying over a school project,
- Deus ex Machina: The excuse for Ichigo to summon a Servant is flimsy, at best.
- Establishing Character Moment: Assassin killing Yakuzas to consume Prana from their souls, vowing to protect "Father" from the Masters, Servants, and Truth.
- Gender Flip: Assassin is Jack the Ripper
- Heroic BSoD: Ichigo has a degree of this due to no longer having his Shinigami powers, and seeing that he's drifting apart from his friends; he alternates between feeling enraged and "lost and empty." It's also the main reason why he wants to leave Karakura to Fuyuki in the first place, rather than for his project.
- I Am a Monster: Assassin is thorougly ashamed of herself, and is terrified of the idea of Ichigo learning her identity, fearing he'll abandon her like the children she's composed of were abandoned by their mothers.
- Insistent Terminology: Assassin calls Ichigo "Father" and refuses to refer to him by any other title, which annoys him a little.
- Literal Surveillance Bug: Zouken has worm and insect familiars set up around Ryudou Temple.
- Locked Out of the Loop: Chad, Orihime, and Uryu won't talk to Ichigo about spiritual matters, he's heard nothing from anybody from Soul Society, and Urahara has disappeared and taken his whole store with him.
- Meatgrinder Surgery: Assassin patches Ichigo after taking him back to his hotel room. She actually does such a great job he doesn't even feel any pain until he looks in the mirror and realizes he has several rather grotesque stitches.
- Ordinary High-School Student: Ichigo actually is one, for once, because the fic is set after he loses his powers and before Xcution make their move.
- Papa Wolf: Ichigo hasn't fully displayed it yet, but Assassin notes that his soul is trying to envelop and protect her, which clearly indicates this. His canon talent for being good with kids likely helps, too.
- Please Put Some Clothes On: Ichigo freaks out when he wakes up to find Assassin wearing less than usual: nothing but a backless waistcoat and minimalist panties.
- Stripperiffic: Assassin's outfit consists of a black leather waistcoat that's held closed in front by two belts (and apparently backless), thigh-high black leather boots, minimalist black panties, forearm/hand wrappings, one black glove, and leg guards on the outsides of her thighs and covering her hips.
- Yandere: Assassin is this to a sense. So much so that she kills Yakuza gang members and devour their souls to replenish her Prana and keep Ichigo 'pure'.