In the world of Dragonball, several distortions end up altering the timeline and changing the past. Seeking the strength to help stop these mysterious changes, Time Patroler Trunks gathers the Dragon Balls and makes a wish for warriors powerful enough to help him fix the timeline
In a distant far away world, six mares who have saved their world countless times are summoned to a to the New World by Shenron and Trunks (with Spike unknowingly hitching a ride), who asks for their help in saving the timeline of his own world, after some debate the group agrees.
However things start to get worse as the ones distorting time start altering it further, causing certain events to happen earlier than usual! As well as the merger of several different timelines! Now they must not only adjust to their new bodies, but find a way to defeat these new enemies and save all of time!
MLP: Xenoverse contains examples of:
- Alternate Continuity: The events of this story take place after Season 4 of MLP and start directly after Rainbow Rocks.
- All There in the Manual: Played with, the Authors will often give information about events in the footnotes and comment sections of the various chapters.
- The Atoner: Piccolo, Raditz, and Pinkie.
- Blood Knight: Vegeta and Nappa.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: Pinkie, of course. A LOT. She even goes on commercials for the show!
- Cloudcuckoolander: Pinkie.
- Easter Eggs
- Filler Arc: Brother Malachai has a more than mild distaste for the shortened/gutted arcs of DBZ Kai (although even he would admit some parts in the original Z went too long, such as Freiza nearly taking an entire season to charge up a ball of Ki). As such, hes brought back some of the elements and references to various filler arcs in either sub-chapters or flashbacks.
- Fix Fic: Raditz survives and joins the Z-Fighters, along with other future events. ChiChi is being forced to face the unpleasant reality of Gohan being part Saiyan and agrees to let him train more than in the default timeline. Fortunately, shes also written in a more sympathetic light in this fic than in the canon manga and anime. Her shrewish/harridan nature is being cut back a bit too. She still has her moments though, both on and off the battlefield on multiple occasions.
- The Food Poisoning Incident: Pinkie eating the ENTIRE TREE of Hallucinogenic Fruit (including *the whole tree itself*) while in Garlic Jr's Palace results in a nasty side-effect.
- Gone Horribly Right: Majin Pinkie after her first Majin Absorption.
- Give My Regards in the Next World / See You in Hell: Pinkie Pie to Spice in Ch. 3:Spice: Even if I die Garlic Jr. will win the day, and he will bring me back! Mark my words, He and we, the Markiyan Monarchs and Disciples of Garlic Jr. WILL rule this planet! Even if we have to crawl out of Hell itself to make that happen!Pinkie Pie: And well be here waiting for you if you are foolish enough to do so . And say hi to Tirek for us when you get there, will you?
- The Grovel: What the Arlian King/Dictator does before executed by Vegeta.
- Gun Fu: Launch and Mai.
- Heel Realization: Pinkie (sort of) after accidentally killing Goku.
- My God, What Have I Done??: Basically the reaction of the Mane Six and Spike after they realized they have killed (other than Sombra, which was indirect, possibly inadvertent, and at a distance) for the first time when fighting Garlic Jr. and his minions.
- Never Say "Die": This is made fun of as the Saban/Ocean Dub were infamous for trying to avoid this word. As occasionally, the terms alternate dimension or other realm are used in place of the terms death and the afterlife.
- Not Now, Kiddo: More like Not now Pinkie or sometimes Not now Twilight in the fanfic.
- Precision F-Strike: Curse words are mixed in with the joke terms from the English Z Dub and MLP:FIM episodes and fanfics. Occasionally, actual curse words will be used in place of ponyfeathers(in future chapters to be released), buck, Taratrus, and HFIL.
- Purple Prose: For better or for worse, the co-author Brother Malachai at times. Also infamous for run-ons.
- Rouge Angles of Satin: The story has no shortage of grammatical and continuity errors. Not all of which has been fixed. Ex: The Advisor from Dragonball Zero, Minus, and BS Super: Broly has erroneously been described as a squid instead of a lizard.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: Pinkie Pie Buu in the Room of Spirit and Time after she thinks the two saiyans from the past kill Chiaotzu. Congratulations, you found my Rage Button, Enjoy.
- Took a Level in Badass: All of the Equestrian Patrollers-especially Pinkie Pie.
- Unorthodox Sheathing: See Dragonball Under Anime and Manga for Trunks (he stays the same) and Pinkie Pie Buu after her first absorption. As she makes her swords out of her own body mass she simply ABSORBS the blades when shes done using them.
- Vision Quest: Pretty much what Twi went through for a moment after she drank the Ultra Divine Water. Discord even Lampshaded it when Twi asked what was going on.