A stock Pre-Mortem One-Liner which usually comes in two flavours:
From the killer to the victim. Often told from the villain to the Disposable Woman or anyone close to The Hero that they're about to kill. When it's The Hero saying this, it's usually to Mooks attempting to avenge their boss or to an enemy upon the issue of a Duel to the Death.
From the victim to their friends or sometimes the killer themselves. The Tear Jerker variant which is usually found among the True Companions when one of them is dying in the arms of one of his comrades, usually along the lines of "Meet you on the other side".
As this accompanies a character's death, beware of spoilers on this page.
- End of Evangelion:
Gendo: Professor Fuyustuki, take care of this, please.
Fuyutsuki: I understand, Sir. Please give Yui my regards.
- In the 2003 anime version of Fullmetal Alchemist, King Bradley is trying to kill Mustang, and after stabbing him, tells him, "Give my regards to Major General Hughes". Since Hughes was Mustang's best friend, this is also "rubbing salt in the wound".
- Vincent from Cowboy Bebop Knockin' on Heaven's Door quips to Spike that they'll meet in the next world before shooting him and dropping him through a window Spike survives, though.
- In an example which also has an element of See You in Hell, in Black Lagoon, as Revy shoots a Neo-Nazi mook in the face, she tells him, "Say hi to the Fuhrer for me."
- Inverted in Mobile Suit Gundam Wing, where it's the person who's about to die (Treize) who makes the comment "See you on the other side, Zechs."
- In Berserk, right before Guts deals the killing blow to Bishop Mozgus he shouts, "When you meet your god, tell him to leave me (the FUCK) alone!"
- In Gintama, both Gintoki and Takasugi say the same thing to Oboro and Sadasada just before finishing them off.
"Give my regards to Sensei for me."
- In the Saint Seiya anime, as Moses and Asterion beat the crap out of Seiya, Moses commits the HUGE mistake of telling him "Say hi to your big sister Marin in Hell for me!". Seiya, who by that point was half dead, gets a MASSIVE Heroic Second Wind from this and kills Moses. Then Marin, whom Moses and Asterion had defeated but NOT killed, returns and kills Asterion herself.
- Dragon Ball Z: Frieza has a line to this effect after killing Dende and achieving his final form: "I promised you, didn't I? That I'd show you a nightmare beyond the horrors of hell? Of course, I had hoped to include all of you, but it seems the little one won't be joining us. Such a shame, don't you think? When you see him in the next world, I suppose you'll have to tell him what he missed."
- Rosario + Vampire: Near the end of the manga, when Gyokuro realizes that Moka's rosary actually doesn't give her the power to control Alucard, she begs Moka not to take it back, since it's the only thing keeping Alucard from devouring her. Eventually, Moka gets sick of it, yanks the rosary back, and leaves Gyokuro to her Just Desserts with these words:
Moka: Enough. If you want mercy, ask my mother.
- Atomic Robo and the Shadow From Beyond Time gives us a Pre-Mortem One-Liner quite a bit nerdier than most:
"When you return to your unobservable but empirically determined dimension of origin, tell them Carl Sagan sent you!"
- Moon Knight combines this with a Badass Boast to a dying Mook:
Where you're going. The other side, I mean. When you get there, give them a message. Tell them: You see me coming? Run.
- In Treasure Planet, Scroop caused Mr. Arrow to fall to his demise in space. When he's about to do the same Jim:
Scroop: Do say hello to Mr. Arrow for me.
- Instead, Jim manages to stay on the ship and send Scroop flying into space to his death, saying "Tell him yourself!"
- Major Deakins to Captain Hale in Broken Arrow (1996), "Don't forget to say hi to Johnson for me when you see him", in regards to a previously killed mook.
- Heroic example in Die Hard with a Vengeance, McClane says "Say hello to your brother" just before he kills Simon Gruber, referring to Hans Gruber who McClane killed in the first film.
- From the Lost in Space film, Doctor Smith comments, "Farewell my platinum plated pal. Give my regards to oblivion."
- In Mighty Joe Young (the remake) when the poacher was going to shoot the heroine, he says, "You'll join your mother in hell."
- In Spawn, the title character says to Violator, just after decapitating him, "Give my regards to your boss. Tell him he's next."
- Another heroic version from the Stargate film- "Give my regards to King Tut, asshole."
- Friday the 13th (2009) (2009): "Jason! Say hi to mommy... IN HELL!"
- Used as a retort in A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master.
Kincaid: I'll see you in Hell.Freddy: Tell 'em Freddy sent you!
- In The World is Not Enough, when James Bond mortally wounds Renard, he says, "She's waiting for you!" referring to Renard's lover Electra, who Bond had killed earlier.
- In The Marine, during the final battle, Rome yells to Triton, "Say hello to your wife!" as Kate had fallen into the water while trapped in a truck.
- Indy's friend Wu Han, in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, has a kind of inversion when he's shot.
Wu Han: I've followed you on many adventures ... but into the great unknown mystery, I go first, Indy! I go...
Indiana: Prepare to meet Kali... in Hell!
- And Indy to the Big Bad at the climax:
- In Paul, Haggard gets a good one off during a car chase:
Moses: "I'm on a mission from God!"Haggard: "Tell him you failed!" *Runs him off the road*
- In the 1985 film Avenging Angel, the main character tells one of her victims, "When you get to hell, tell them an Angel sent you."
- True Companions version in Ghostbusters (1984): The only option the Ghostbusters have to stop Gozer is crossing the streams from their proton paks, which Egon previously warned them would be very bad. As they're about to carry out the plan, Venkman turns to Stanz and gives him a hearty "See you on the other side, Ray!" before throwing his beam.
- In The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Riff Raff tells Dr. Frank N. Furter before he kills him, "Say goodbye to all of thisnote ...and hellonote to oblivion.note "
- In The Hateful 8, when John Ruth starts coughing up blood from the poisoned coffee:
Daisy: When you get to Hell, John, tell 'em Daisy sent you.
- In Kick-Ass, when Frank D'Amico gets the upper hand over Hit-Girl in the final battle, after having had her father publicly tortured and killed live on the internet
D'Amico: Time for a family reunion
- In Redwall, the main villain, Cluny the Scourge, is introduced sending one of his subordinates to do a suicidal job, then telling him as he lays dying on the road to "Tell the devil Cluny sent you!"
- Veil Sixclaw also does this when killing a pair of fox bullies. "When you get to Dark Forest, tell them Veil the Outcast sent you!"
- In The Final Reckoning, the third book of the Deptford Mice trilogy, Bauchan of the Raith Sidhe comes across the body of a rat who was abusive to him while he was disguised as a mortal. He stoops down and whispers in his ear, "Now you'll pay. Your torment has only just begun! Tell Hobb I sent you."
- In The Bartimaeus Trilogy, from Nathaniel to Bartimaeus just before the former performs a Heroic Sacrifice.
"Say hello to Kitty for me."
- In The Lies of Locke Lamora, Locke delivers a heroic one to the Grey King's assassin that just killed Bug: "When you see the Crooked Wardennote , tell him that Locke Lamora learns slowly, but he learns well. And when you see my friends, you tell them that there are more of you on the way."
- In Fear to Tread the Blood Angels Primarch Sanguinius gives an absolutely epic one to the Bloodthirster Ka'Bandha;
- "If you truly do hail from the realm that men once called hell, when you return there, tell your kindred it was Sanguinius who threw you back."
- In Warrior Cats: Forest Of Secrets, Tigerclaw says this to Bluestar when revealing that he's betraying her.
"Remember me to StarClan, Bluestar."
- Port Charles:
Caleb Morley/Stephen Clay: Give your God my regards... [stabs Rafe with a stake] Tell Him... thanks for the exercise.
- Harry of The Dresden Files says "say hi to my uncle" just before he kills the bad guy in one episode.
- Tracker has Cole saying one of these to the brother of Rhee, the Vardian who killed Cole's wife and daughter, and who's really ticking Cole off with a Would You Like to Hear How They Died?. "Say hello to Rhee for me."
- Power Rangers Jungle Fury: Dai Shi tells the Rangers to 'say hi to Master Mao' just as he's about to finish them off. Master Mao is their original teacher, who Dai Shi hit with the Mentor Occupational Hazard in the premiere.
- Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger: As the heroes' barrage of attacks start wearing down the Big Bad, he starts ranting about how This Cannot Be!. Captain Marvellous tells him he can whine about it to his son when he's dead.
- Agent Rossi tells Henry Grace in "Masterpiece" after he tricks him into confessing to seven murders that Rossi will be there when they strap him down for his lethal injection, and just before they press the plunger, "I'm gonna lean in real close, and I'm going to tell you to say hello to your scumbag brother."
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: In "Once More Unto the Breach", when Kor uses the off-button hypospray on Worf to take his place in performing a Heroic Sacrifice to save Martok's ship, he promises to give Worf's regards to his lafe wife Jadzia Dax.
- The Blacklist: In "Mr. Gregory Devry", Reddington says this to an associate he's just killed, who had previously expressed his suspicions that Red was the informant who was dismantling their organization.
"You were right, Marcus. I am an informant. Tell our friends in Hell to be patient; I'll be along soon."
- Supergirl (2015) has two examples during the season 1 finale. First, when Non is remotely mind controlling Alex and using her to try and kill Kara, he uses her to tell her to give Astra his love in the afterlife. Then, later on, the two of exchange these in person as their Final Battle culminates in a deadly Beam-O-War.
Non: Tell your parents I said hello.Kara: Tell them yourself!
- Luke Cage (2016): In "Now You're Mine", Diamondback says this to councilman Boone before killing him in order to frame Luke:
"You're about to meet my mother, Damon. Tell her I love her."
- Antihero to villain version in 24. Terrorist mastermind Abu Fayed hates Jack because several years ago (offscreen) Jack killed his younger brother (also a terrorist) in an interrogation gone wrong. In their climatic showdown, Jack beats him down, whispers "Say hello to your brother" in his ear, and then hangs him.
- The Protomen - Here Comes the Arm
Dr. Light: Joe, when you see Emily / Tell her to wait for me / 'Cause I still have work to do...
- Ozzy Osbourne's "See You On The Other Side" is a Tear Jerker example of this.
Though I Know We Must Be Parted / As Sure As Stars Are In The Sky / I'm Gonna See You When It Comes To Glory / And I'll See You, I'll See You On The Other Side
- In the musical version of Heathers, Veronica sings "Say 'Hi' to God" to JD just before he blows himself up.
- Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption
Count Orsi: Wilhem, and ... what was your name again, lad?
Christof: Mark my name well, Orsi, for the devil will wish to know who delivered you unto his lightless realm. Tell the devil thou wert despatched from earth by Christof Romuald. Christof Romuald whose soul he shall never possess so long as there is hope beyond all hope in this world.
- Final Fantasy IV
Cagnazzo: Give my regards to Scarmiglione when you see him in hell.
- Captain Price to Makarov in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2:
Makarov: I'll see you in Hell.
Captain Price: Looking forward to it. Give my regards to Zakhaev if you get there first.
- In BioShock, after The Reveal, Frank Fontaine tells you to say hello to Ryan (whom you just killed) when you die, as You Have Outlived Your Usefulness and Fontaine now wants you dead.
- In WarCraft III: Frozen Throne, when Sylvanas has Arthas at her mercy:
Sylvanas: Give my regards to Hell, you son of a bitch!
- The Necromancer in Diablo II, after defeating Mephisto for the first time:
"Good journey, Mephisto. Give my regards to the abyss."
- Boris Dime in Max Payne greets Max with this:
"Tell the devil that Dime sent ya."
- Travis Touchdown from No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle to Skelter Helter, the younger brother of a man he killed in a trailer for the first game:
"When you see your brother in hell, tell him he's STILL a DOUCHE!!!"
- Evil Dead games:
Ash: Say hi to disco for me.Ash: When you get to hell, tell 'em Ash sent you.
- A variation of this is one of the many taunts in Evil Dead: Hail to the King.
- When Chaos Space Marines kill Eldar in Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War II: Chaos Rising, they will occasionally proclaim "Give my regards to Slaanesh, Eldar!" To elaborate on why this is such a dick move, Slaanesh is the God of Evil that was unwittingly created by the Eldar and has since doomed them to an eternity of torment in the afterlife so long as it lives.
- In Blood II: The Chosen, Caleb uses this on occasion as a Bond One-Liner.
When you get to Hell, tell 'em I sent ya. You'll get a group discount.
- When confronting Sigma's final form in Mega Man X4 with Zero, Sigma will tell Zero, "Iris is waiting for you!"
- In Borderlands 2, before the Final Battle with Handsome Jack, he will taunt the player, saying, "When you get to hell, tell your Vault Hunter friends I said hey."
- One of the Game Over scenes in Batman: Arkham Knight has this:
Harley Quinn: When you see my pud'n, tell him Harley sent ya. And she says hi!
- In The Order of the Stick, a resistance member quips 'Prepare a place for your master in hell!' as she duels with a member of a rival faction of the resistance.
- Also, Girard Draketooth's recorded message concludes "Say hello to your barnyard gods for me," followed by a massive explosion.
- From Weapon Brown, Chuck is just about to finish off Croq after an extended beating and torture session, which he capped off by shoving a flamethrower up Croq's ass.
Chuck: When you see the Devil, tell him Daddy will be home soon! *fires flamethrower*
- In Dragon Ball Z Abridged, this is delivered by Freeza, combined with a Call-Back: "When you see Vegeta, tell him I said, 'like a bitch.'"
- In Hellsing Ultimate Abridged, Sir Penwood goes out saying this gem to a group Millennium vampires before taking them with him:
Sir Penwood: When you get to Hell, tell 'em Penwood sent you! And then apologize on my behalf for the inconvenience.
- In Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog, this hovers between this trope and See You in Hell - "Give my regards to St. Peter. Or whoever has his job, but in Hell."
- Transformers Beast Wars
Tigertron: Give my regards to the pit, Predacon!
- Episode "Law of the Jungle"
Tarantulas: Game over, vermin! Give my regards to the Inferno!
- Episode "The Web"
- Parodied on Futurama, when Bender was being taken to be executed in "A Tale of Two Santas", a large robot in one of the cells told him "When you see the Robot Devil, tell him I'm a-coming". The Robot Devil turns out to be in the next cell.
Bender: He says-Robot Devil: I heard him.
- Family Guy. Just before Stewie is about to kill Lois, he tells her to, "Say hello to Cleveland. Oh, and Mr. Weed." Stewie killed Cleveland earlier in the episode, and Mr. Weed choked to death on a piece of bread several seasons ago.
- In the Adventure Time episode "Hug Wolf", Jake tells the Tree of Blight "When you see the Wicker Devil in Tree Afterlife, tell him Jake says 'Hello'!" right before setting it ablaze.
- The Legend of Korra: When Zaheer is about to throw Korra's father off a cliff in "Venom of the Red Lotus", he tells him "Say hi to the Earth Queen for me". A few episodes previous to that he suffocated the Earth Queen using airbending.
- The Venture Bros.: Parodied in "The Lepidopterists". The Monarch threatens Jonas Venture, Jr. with "You might want to make a list of questions for your father." Immediately after closing the channel, he wonders whether he properly made his point that Jonas Venture, Sr. is dead.
The Monarch: Oh, I should have said the "in Hell" part. That would have been cool.