Apple brings up the idea of a royal/rebel power couple in order to ease tensions between the two sides. However, her and Raven are unable to think of any couples or potential couples. When Blondie catches the two after scheming in a closet, Raven comes up with an idea. She tells Maddie that she and Apple are secretly dating. It is awkward enough that everyone know thinks they're a couple, but it gets even more tense when both figure out maybe they don't mind dating.
Girlfrenemies provides examples of:
- Adaptation Name Change: Apple's name is actually "Apolline".
- Affectionate Nickname: Apple has fun trying to come up with pet-names for Raven.
- Chastity Couple: Apple is the sort who waits until after she's had her Happily Ever After, but unfortunately the headmaster thinks it's inappropriate of her to be roommates with her girlfriend. Apple agrees that it looks bad and they get new roomies.
- Coming-Out Story: The fanfic is one for Apple. She realizes her sexuality, comes to terms with it, comes out to others, confesses to Raven, and begins dating her officially.
- Exhausted Eyebags: Two nights of poor sleep leaves Apple with heavy undereye bags.
- Forced Out of the Closet: Subverted. Apple thinks Maddie, being the blabbermouth she is, outed her and Raven to the entire school, but Maddie knows better. However, Apple inadvertently outs herself in front of the entire cafeteria during this conversation.
- Girl-on-Girl Is Hot: Sparrow's reaction to Apple and Raven announcing their relationship is to loudly sing the trope title.
- I Want Grandkids: Last time Apple talked to Daring's mother she asked if they had picked out their grandkids names yet.
- Secret Relationship:
- Raven tells a lie and says she's secretly dating Apple. This lasts all of a chapter before the entire school knows.
- Lizzie and Daring are secretly dating.
- Silent Treatment: Apple attempts this on Raven but it only lasts a few moments because Raven annoyed her to the point of breaking it.
- Slash Fic: Of the Apple/Raven variety.