It's Lillie's fifteenth birthday and she's celebrating with friends, Her mother Lusamine keeps her distance from the party because she doesn't feel comfortable being around Lillie or her peers. While outside, Lusamine is reunited with her amnesiac estranged husband Mohn, who came for Lillie's party.
This fic provides examples of:
- Adaptation Name Change: Selene is named "Moon".
- Affectionate Nickname: Mohn used to call Lusamine "Lucy". However, it upsets her when he tries to call her it after so many years.
- Dark Fic: Lusamine's psyche is given more depth. Even years after the events of the games, she's still early in her recovery and is deeply troubled by her past behavior.
- Decomposite Character: Both the male and female protagonist co-exist as siblings.
- Disabled in the Adaptation: Even a few years afterwards, Lusamine is still feeling the effects of the toxins. She's also more explicitly mentally ill than in canon.
- Family Theme Naming: The SM protagonists are siblings named "Sun" and "Moon".
- Freudian Excuse Is No Excuse: Lusamine says this about herself. No matter her trauma over Mohn, that doesn't excuse her past behavior and mistreatment of her children.
- I Have No Son!: Used non-conventionally when Lusamine wonders whether she has the right to call Gladion and Lillie her children after their upbringing.
- Named by the Adaptation: The male protagonist doesn't have a Canon Name, but the fic goes with "Sun".
- Oh My Gods!: "Arceus" gets used instead of "God". For example, during her rant towards Mohn, Lusamine states that she had previously been "losing [her] Arceus-damn mind".
- Parental Neglect: Lusamine didn't know how to raise a son, so she neglected Gladion more than Lillie.
- Parental Substitute:
- Growing up, Wicke was closer to being Gladion and Lillie's mother than their actual mother.
- Lusamine claims that Kukui and Burnet were better parents to Lillie in the three months Lillie lived with them than Lusamine ever was.
- Weight Woe: It's implied that Lusamine has an eating disorder.