Reconnected is a work-in-progress by Mr Hollow Rabbit. Since Mr Hollow Rabbit can't draw too well, she decides to go for the webnovel medium and would someday post Reconnected to a blog she would normally updates. But for now, you have to stick with this crap. Mr Hollow Rabbit will be thinking of a better title for this work someday; Reconnected is only a working title.
Reconnected is heavily influenced by Greek Mythology, seeing parallels of various Greek myths here and there. However, some of the story arcs the myths are based on are changed in order to suit the mood and context of Reconnected.
So, what is Reconnected all about? Well...
Set in a Crapsack World in a world not-so similar to ours where Technopaths rule, a woman who goes by the alias 'Cee' broke out of jail and is in search of her niece, the only surviving family member. Mistaken by everyone that she has killed her entire family, she, along with another prisoner, Troy are fugitives on the run. Together with Genki Girl Jade, the trio sets off in search of 'Cee's' niece who was last seen being kidnapped by unknown forces, while escaping from AEGIS, an international security force who are out to capture them and many, many other forces who are also after the trio.
So you know where the story's going, right? Like most stories, it'll get better.
Tropes applicable in Reconnected:
- Action Girl: Save for a few exceptions, most of the female characters here are these.
- Byronic Hero: Safely averted by Troy. Despite looking like one, his personality is the opposite.
- Cliché Storm: At first, but not for long.
- Crapsack World: Our main characters seemed to be living here, or is it the case?
- Cute Bruiser: Jade.
- Dance Battler: As a ritual dancer in the village, 'Cee' turns out to be this.
- Fantastic Racism: The technopaths are often given this treatment by non-technopaths for their destructive nature.
- Friendly Sniper: Troy is this, despite having most of the aspects and looks of a Cold Sniper.
- Generation Xerox: As far as two of Mark's (Troy's father) friends describe Mark, Troy and his father are nothing alike in terms of personality.
- Genki Girl: Jade.
- Humans Are White: Averted, there are people of different ethnics and races from all over the world Reconnected is set, no matter which side they are on. More details about this will be given later.
- I Fought the Law and the Law Won: AEGIS Force. Far from your average, lazy police forces.
- I Will Find You: With everyone in her family dead, 'Cee' is currently on her journey to find her niece, who she believes is still alive somewhere.
- Loads and Loads of Characters
- One-Gender Race: Only males can be technopaths with unknown reasons why only males are affected.
- Pintsized Powerhouse: Guess who. The first two guesses don't count.
- Religious and Mythological Theme Naming: Applies to only the codenames of the technopaths and people related to them. As mentioned above, the story's heavily influenced by Greek Mythology.
- Shout-Out: Lots of these to Greek Mythology, which Reconnected is heavily influenced in. To name some of the few:
- Most of the technopaths' and Pacters' (People who has made a pact with technopaths and then receive a special power) code names are based on Greek Mythology figures (Zeus, Hera, Hercules...you get the idea) and to get the whole list of it........... wait for the character sheet.
- Team Mum: Being the oldest out of the female characters in the main cast at 25, 'Cee' is pushed into this role.
- Technopath: Most of the villains in the story are these, save for Troy, Alexis and several others who are on the good side.
- Tell Me About My Father: Troy's main goal was to find his father, who has been out for a war that has already ended that started 10 years ago.
- Theme Naming: Most of the characters' real names (or alias in 'Cee's' case) are named after programming language. (Let's get to the characters that are mentioned here. There are lots more where these names are given to the characters.)
- 'Cee' is pretty obvious.
- Jade is actually a famous programming language that rivals its popularity with Java and C#.
- Troy is also quite easy to understand if you think about it carefully, named after a certain notorious horse in the Aeneid, which is also a destructive program that exists in real life.
- Trickster Mentor: Alexis is one to Troy. Overlaps with Big Brother Mentor stated above.
- Two Girls and a Guy: 'Cee', Jade and Troy when their journey first begin.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: Alexis often dresses as a woman. A rare example of a crossdresser who wears the opposite gender's clothings as part of his identity and as a disguise for infiltrating closely guarded places.
- World of Badass: Everyone can kick ass. Those who can't be badass by the end of the story will be eliminated.