Peter Doyle (born July 8, 1963) was a Los Angeles-based voice actor that was prominent in anime and video game dubbing through the years of 2001 to 2009. He was often cast as softer-voiced young men and teenage boys, or any fatherly or incidental male roles that required a particularly higher and distinct voice. There would be the occasional case of him playing against this type, such as his role as Young Zenki in Kishin Douji Zenki.
In non-union voice work, he could often be seen alternatively credited under the alias "Jim Taggert", one that wound up occasionally mistaken for belonging to another actor (Stephen Apostolina).
After 2009, he dropped off the radar and seemingly retired from anime dubbing to do more behind-the-scenes sound mixing and foley work, with his last documented voice acting roles being a reprise of Dominic in the Eureka Seven film, as well as additional voices for the game Samurai Warriors 3. Adding to his scarcity in recent years would be the fact that he was diagnosed with small-cell carcinoma, and has spent time fighting the disease.
Notable roles from Peter Doyle:
- Blue Dragon: Conrad L. Lawrence
- Crayon Shin-chan: Harry Nohara (2004 Phuuz dub)
- Cyborg009: 004/Albert Heinrich (2001 series)
- Eureka Seven: Dominic Sorel
- Green Green: Tadatomo Ijuuin, aka "Bacchi Gu"
- Hajime no Ippo: Masaru Aoki
- Here is Greenwood: Mitsuru Ikeda (Media Blasters dub)
- Kishin Douji Zenki: Zenki (little), Gulen
- Kyo Kara Maoh!: Van Clief
- Mezzo Forte: Tomohisa Harada
- Mobile Suit Gundam F91: Dwight Camry
- Nodame Cantabile: Tooru Kikuchi
- Overman King Gainer: Toun (episodes 7-26, taking over from Dave Mallow)
- Paradise Kiss: Tsutomu Yamaguchi
- Patlabor: Shigeo Shiba (Bandai Visual USA dub)
- Pilot Candidate: Clay Cliff Fortan
- Planetes: Ning
- Tenjho Tenge: Keybo
- The Twelve Kingdoms: Rakushun