Jamie Campbell Bower (born 22 November 1988) is an English actor, model, and musician. His parents were involved in the music industry, so he became involved in musical theater. He made the transition to dramatic theater, during which he was noticed by the makers of Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street, who cast him in it. Since then, he has acted in many other British films and shows. He's known for portraying young Gellert Grindelwald in the Harry Potter films, Jace Wayland in the film adaptation of The Mortal Instruments, and Caius in the Twilight film adaptations. Most recently, he played Henry Creel a.k.a. Vecna in Season 4 of Stranger Things.
In addition to acting, he has been the lead singer of two bands (The Darling Buds and Counterfeit) although both have since broken up. As of 2022 he is working on solo material, releasing an extended play and single.
- Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (2007) as Anthony
- Rock N Rolla (2008) as Rocker
- The Twilight Saga as Caius
- New Moon (2009)
- Eclipse (2010)
- Breaking Dawn Part 1 (2011)
- Breaking Dawn Part 2 (2012)
- The Prisoner (2009) as 11 and 12
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 (2010) as young Gellert Grindelwald
- London Boulevard (2010) as White Boy
- Camelot (2011) as King Arthur
- Anonymous (2011) as Young Oxford
- The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones (2013) as Jace Wayland
- Will (2017) as Christopher Marlowe
- Stranger Things (2022) as The Orderly (Henry Creel/001/Vecna)
- Badass Baritone: You wouldn't think it to hear him talk, but he can pitch his voice quite low, and maintain volume while doing it. It was so unexpected that The Duffer Brothers had to confirm that his Vecna voice had minimal alteration in post-production for Stranger Things.
- Boastful Rap: Of a sort. His 2022 song "I Am" is a roots/folk song which is mostly spoken, and the second verse qualifies."I'm devotion to the preacher, I'm the priest you want
I'm on the front side of the far side in the moonlit dark
I'm an angel, I'm the patron of the crash of sword
I'm an omen, I'm a showman, I'm the holy Lord."
- The Other Marty: He played Ser Waymer Royce in the Game of Thrones pilot episode, filmed in 2009, although when the first episode was reshot the role went to Rob Ostlere; Bower was unable to reprise the role due the filming schedule clashing with his starring role as Arthur in Camelot.
- Romance on the Set:
- What Could Have Been: He was cast in a major role in a planned Game of Thrones prequel titled Bloodmoon, but the series never made it past the pilot. He really doesn't have the best luck with Game of Thrones.