Millie Bobby Brown (born February 19, 2004 in Marbella, Spain) is a British actress, model and producer.
At a very young age, Brown met a well-respected Hollywood talent scout who informed her parents that she had "instincts that couldn't be taught". After a series of small parts on television shows beginning in 2013 — many of them guest appearances but also including a memorably foul-mouthednote starring role in Intruders when she was only 10 — she gained worldwide fame for her role as Eleven in the Netflix series Stranger Things.
She has since appeared in roles of bigger prominence, including Madison Russell in Godzilla: King of the Monsters and Godzilla vs. Kong as well as the eponymous lead in both film adaptations of Enola Holmes (which she also co-produced).
In 2018, Brown was featured in the Time 100 list of the world's most influential people, and was also appointed as a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador, at the time becoming the youngest-ever person selected for this position at 14 years old.
Brown currently resides in the United States. In 2023, she announced her engagement to actor Jake Bongiovi, son of Jon Bon Jovi, whom she had been in a relationship with for two-and-a-half years.
No relation to Bobby Brown.
- Once Upon a Time in Wonderland (2013): Young Alice
- Intruders (2014): Madison/Marcus
- NCIS (2014): Rachel Barnes
- Modern Family (2015): Lizzie
- Grey's Anatomy (2015): Ruby
- Stranger Things (2016-): Eleven
- MonsterVerse: Madison Russell
- Enola Holmes (2020): Enola Holmes
- Enola Holmes 2 (2022)
- Damsel (2023)
This actress' roles include the following tropes:
- Creepy Child:
- Ooh, Me Accent's Slipping: Averted; her American accent for Eleven in Stranger Things is spot on and aside from when she laughs has never made a mistake keeping it. It's helpful that she spends half her time in America; in fact, she's apparently so used to using an American accent that she had to relearn her British accent for her role in Enola Holmes.
- Prefers Going Barefoot: She's done a fair few interviews and photoshoots barefoot. In one interview, when looking at a photo of her at a party with the caption "typical me: shoes come off in 5 minutes", she responded by showing she was barefoot at that moment and said "I take my shoes off. I don't like having shoes on. Shoes are not my thing."
- Screaming Woman: Screams a lot in Stranger Things.
- Younger Than They Look: There are times when she looks as though she's in her mid-to-late-20s, when in reality, she's in her late teens.