Gaspard Thomas Ulliel (November 25, 1984 – January 19, 2022) was a French actor.
He was nominated twice for Most Promising Actor at the César Awards, first with André Téchiné's Les égarés in 2003, then with Jean-Pierre Jeunet's A Very Long Engagement in 2004, and won the latter. He was also nominated for Best Actor for Saint Laurent in 2014, then won the award in 2017 for Xavier Dolan's It's Only the End of the World. He was also the face of the Chanel men's perfume fragrance "Bleu de Chanel".
He died at age 37 on January 19, 2022 from cranial trauma due to a ski accident in the French Alps. He had a son born in 2016 with his then-girlfriend, model Gaëlle Piétri.
His works include:
- Brotherhood of the Wolf (2001) as Louis
- A Very Long Engagement (2004) as Manech Langonnet
- Paris, je t'aime (2006) as Gaspard
- Jacquou le Croquant (2007) as Jacquou
- Hannibal Rising (2007) as Hannibal Lecter
- The Princess of Montpensier (2010) as Henri de Guise
- Rise of the Guardians (2012) as Jack Frost (French dub)
- Saint Laurent (2014) as Yves Saint Laurent
- It's Only the End of the World (2016) as Louis
- Moon Knight (2022) as Anton Mogart / Midnight Man
- More Than Ever (2022) as Matthieu
Tropes applying to his roles:
- Posthumous Credit:
- Pretty Boy: Most prominent early on in his career, when he played innocent and handsome young men who just got out of their teen years and discovered love.
- Written-In Infirmity: The scar on his left cheek was acknowledged in some of his roles. He got it when trying to ride a doberman dog at age 6. He once joked that the scar increased his emotional acting abilities because it looked like a dimple.