Jean-Pierre Jeunet (born 3 September 1953) is a French director and screenwriter.
He is best known for works such as The City of Lost Children, Alien: Resurrection and Amélie. He has a thing for ambiances that feel both dream-like and highly nostalgic in his movies, using sepia filters and Real Is Brown most notably.
Yann Tiersen composed most of his films' soundtracks.
- Delicatessen (1991) (co-directed by Marc Caro)
- The City of Lost Children (1995) (co-directed by Marc Caro)
- Alien: Resurrection (1997)
- Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amélie Poulain (2001)
- A Very Long Engagement (2004)
- Micmacs (2009)
- The Young and Prodigious T.S. Spivet (2013)
- Big Bug (2021)
Tropes associated with this creator:
- Color Wash: The man really loves sepia filters.
- Creative Closing Credits
- What Could Have Been: He was offered to direct Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix but declined over Creative Differences.