Xavier Dolan-Tadros (born March 20, 1989 in Montreal, Quebec) is a French-Canadian director and voice actor most known for his transgressive films covering sexuality and parenthood.
Initially starting off as a child actor in his native Montréal, he soon transitioned into dubbing work. French-Canadian tropers might recognize him as providing the voices for Ron Weasley and Jacob. At 19, he made his debut film, I Killed My Mother, a semi-autobiographical account of a boys testy relationship with his mother and coming to terms with his sexuality. The film was accepted into the 2009 Cannes Film Festival and was met with an eight-minute-long standing ovation. His follow-up films Heartbeats and Laurence Anyways gave him further international attention. His latest film Mommy won the Jury Prize at the 2014 Cannes Festival. His next film, It's Only the End of the World, is due for release in 2016. He also gained something of a career boost due to directing the video for Adele's first single after a three-year hiatus, "Hello".
He is the son of Egyptian-born Canadian actor and singer-songwriter Manuel Tadros, who's known as the model and voice of Rodrigo Borgia in Assassin's Creed II.
Has nothing to do with Dolan.
- I Killed My Mother (2009)
- Heartbeats (2010)
- Laurence Anyways (2012)
- Tom at the Farm (2013)
- Mommy (2014)
- It's Only the End of the World (2016)
- The Death and Life of John F. Donovan (2018)
- Matthias & Maxime
Notable VA Credits:
- Harry Potter as Ron
- Secondhand Lions as Walter
- Finding Nemo as Tad
- Twilight as Jacob note
- South Park as Stan note
- The Hunger Games as Peeta. note
- Life of Pi as Pi
- Inside Out as Fear
- Spider-Man: Far From Home as Brad Davis
- It: Chapter Two as Adrian Mellon note
- All Love Is Unrequited: His first three films especially cover this trope.
- Auteur License: From I Killed My Mother onwards, hes produced and edited all his films.
- Production Posse: Anne Dorval in particular (four films) but also Suzanne Clément (three films), Monia Chomkry, Nathalie Baye and Niels Schneider (two films each) are regular.
- Signature Style: Lengthy films centered on homosexuality, motherhood and unique cinematography.
- Straight Gay: Dolan is openly gay and homosexuality is a major theme in all his movies, sometimes with autobiographical inspirations.