Chris McKay, also known as Chris Taylor (born November 11, 1973 in Winter Park, Florida) is an American film and television director, writer, producer and animator. He is well known for his work on Robot Chicken and Moral Orel. McKay was also the animation co-director on The LEGO Movie and made his directorial debut with The LEGO Batman Movie.
- 2 wks, 1yr (2002)
- Moral Orel (2006-2008)
- Robot Chicken (2007-2011)
- Titan Maximum (2009)
- The LEGO Batman Movie (2017)
- The Tomorrow War (2021)
- Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves (2023, story credit only)
- Renfield (2023)
- Nightwing (TBA)
- Jonny Quest (TBA)
Includes the following tropes:
- Deconstructive Parody: Several of the projects he has been a part of follow this trope.
- Robot Chicken is a darkly comedic deconstruction of just about anything pop-culture related
- Moral Orel deconstructs many old-school moral and authority values by showing the toxicities of living in a strict world like that.
- The LEGO Movie deconstructs summer blockbusters, Merchandise-Driven franchises, and chosen one stories.
- The LEGO Batman Movie deconstructs the character of Batman in general!
- Renfield is a comedic take on the classic Dracula novel. It also deconstructs the very relationship between Dracula and his servant Renfield by showing that a literal monster who forcibly turns his partner into simply a mindless henchmen can become an emotionally manipulative, abusive, and co-dependent relationship overtime.
- Sliding Scale of Idealism vs. Cynicism: His early television work like Robot Chicken and Moral Orel are planted on the cynical end. The films he has directed on the other hand have leaned far on the idealistic side.