For other Avenger character pages sorted by decade they joined, see here.
Sersi is an Eternal. She is the daughter of Helios and Perse. Sersi is the only fifth level adept, the highest possible, among the Eternals in the discipline of matter rearrangement. Sersi became associated with the Avengers after inviting them to one of her parties and meeting her long-lost "cousin" Starfox of the Titan Eternals.
- Baleful Polymorph: Sersi is able to transmute nearly any item or being into almost whatever she wishes.
- Battle Couple: With teammate Dane Whitman, the Black Knight.
- Been There, Shaped History: Sersi is the sorceress Circe from Greek Mythology.Sersi: The Greek storytellers could never spell my name right.
- The Dreaded: Amongst the Eternals it's said that even Prime-Eternal Zuras, mightiest of all Eternals, fears the power of Sersi.
- Flying Brick: She can fly at high speeds through telekinesis.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: While a sexually liberated women/demi-goddess is far from unheard of in today's comic landscape, that wasn't the case in the mid-1970's when Sersi made her debut, let alone openly talking about and showing affection for her multiple partners.
- Healing Factor: On the rare occasions Sersi is physically harmed by some extreme force, she can heal herself using her molecular control powers. Sersi once reconstructed her own arm after it was disintegrated by a Deviant weapon
- Human Subspecies: Sersi is a fourth generation member of the Eternals, an evolutionary offshoot of the human race.
- Immortality: Nearly. Eternals like Sersi possess total conscious control over their molecular structures, which are reinforced by cosmic energy. As a result, they are virtually immortal and indestructible.
- Interspecies Romance: Anytime she has a relationship with a human it counts as this, but most specifically with her teammate Dane Whitman, the second Black Knight.
- Master of Illusion: Sersi is skilled in the use of illusions. Her illusions affect all five senses and are virtually indistinguishable from the 'real thing'. Her illusions are so effective, it's often difficult to tell whether she is employing illusions or her matter-rearranging abilities.
- Most Common Superpower: What Powergirl does for the JSA, Sersi does for the Avengers.
- Ms. Fanservice: When you're initially conceived as a "flirtatious demi-goddess not afraid to take her clothes off" in the 1970's, you know you're destined to be this kind of character.
- Really Sevenhundred Years Old: Sersi has existed for many years, although she seems to be considered one of the younger Eternals.
- She's Got Legs: Most all of her many costumes show them off.
- The Tease: During her time with the Avengers, she started a flirtation with Captain America (much to his embarrassment).
- Telepathy: Sersi can psychically communicate, read minds, and project her thoughts into other people. She can compel the distracted or weak minded to do her bidding through hypnosis
- Teleporters and Transporters: She can teleport herself and others across vast distances although doing so is unpleasant for Eternals
Stingray / Deadpool
Walter Newell is an oceanographer and reluctant superhero. He invented his Stingray armor as both a deep-sea exploration tool and a superhero costume. He became an associate and honorary member of the Avengers by offering them his artificial island as a base.
- Animal Theme Naming: He took the name Stingray after basing some of its design on manta rays.
- Gadgeteer Genius: Dr. Newell is a brilliant engineer and inventor constructing advanced equipment and machinery for his experiments in the ocean.
- Not Quite Flight: His gliding ability.
- Powered Armor: Newell uses specialized armor originally designed for underwater exploration. The suit can safely operate in depths up to 1200 feet. It has a unique oxygen diffusion system based on fish gills. The suit grants Newell superhuman strength and durability to handle underwater conditions. The suit is able to swim at high speeds underwater and can also glide when not in water. It has an electric blast as weapon.
- Required Secondary Powers: The suit was mainly made for underwater use, but the suit's gliding ability, electric attacks and enhanced strength aid him on dry land.
- Shock and Awe: The main weapon of his armor is a potent electric blast.
- see the Spider-Man page
- see the Spider-Man character page
- Angry Black Man: In their first encounter, Rage scolded Captain America for the team's lack of any black members.
- Cool Mask: Wears one based on a luchador mask.
- In a Single Bound: Able to use his enhanced strength to leap great distances.
- Lightning Bruiser: In his first appearance, Rage was shown outrunning a speeding subway train.
- Manchild: Literally, at first. He was 14 year old boy in the body of an adult man.
- Nigh-Invulnerability: has superhuman durability and resistance to physical injury.
- Super Strength: Gained superhuman strength from exposure to toxic waste.
- Younger Than They Look: Youngest person to ever join the Avengers at 14. When the other members found out he was a minor, he was given probationary status, then demoted to becoming a member of the New Warriors when he helped them steal a Quinjet to help them on a mission.
- Monochromatic Eyes: His eyes are a solid red (or gold, in some depictions).
- Sliding Scale of Robot Intelligence: Level 4: possesses an above normal intellect, with a capacity for unlimited self-motivated activity, creative intelligence, and human-like emotions.
- Something Person: Machine Man
- Telescoping Robot: Machine Man has the ability to telescope his arms and legs to a length of 100 feet.
- Coming-Out Story: During his tenure in the West Coast Avengers, Miguel dated women. Later, though, Miguel was approached by members of the Great Lakes Avengers, who hoped to recruit them for their team. When he heard the team's acronym (GLA), Miguel mistook them for the Gay/Lesbian Alliance and inadvertently revealed that he was gay to GLA member Flatman. Followed by...
- Straight Gay: Miguel does not display any stereotypical gay tendencies.
- Flight: Living Lightning has the ability to transform his body into electrical plasma, in which form he can fly at sub-light speed.
- Shock and Awe: Living Lightning has the ability to transform his body into electrical plasma, in which form he can fly at sub-light speed, generate electrical power as shocks or bolts, and surround himself with a protective electrical force field.
- Super Speed: Living Lightning has the ability to transform his body into electrical plasma, in which form he can fly at sub-light speed
Spider-Woman / Arachne / Madame Web
- see the Spider-Woman page
Thor II / Thunderstrike
Marvel Boy / Justice
- Canon Immigrant: She first appeared in the Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends TV series before making her way into the comic continuity.