Scaramouche's Attic is a V. C. Andrews blog written by Ashlyn Nyx (under her tumblr nickname of Scaramouche) hosted on tumblr. The main purpose is to host any of Scaramouche's Andrews-related thoughts and posts, and her ultimate goal is to read every book published under the Andrews name (with a few exceptions, such as the fan unfavorite Diary Series).
When the blog started the main feature was 'Cover Talk', in which Scaramouche talks about the covers for the books, and what she likes and dislikes of them. After finishing the covers for the Casteel series, Scaramouche decided to try out reviewing the books, beginning with the Cutler series. She was originally going to do chapter-by-chapter recaps of Dawn, but found her attempt to be tedious and nitpicky more often than not. Instead, she opted to do an overview in several parts, starting with some background info.
As of this writing, Scaramouche has finished the following books under Andrews name:
This blog provides examples of:
- Author Appeal: Spiderwebs, which is one of the reasons she loves the stepback for My Sweet Audrina.
- The stepbacks in general, despite her annoyance at the errors many of them.
- Berserk Button: The Diary Series, which she has said she will not be reading.
- Celebrity Resemblance: In her Heaven cover review, she compared Luke (Or at least a character she thought was Luke) to Bruce Campbell. In her look at the Fallen Hearts cover, she said that Tony kind of reminded her of Donald Trump.
- Covers Always Lie: A pet peeve of her's, mostly in regards to downright lying about who the main character is (As was the case of Seeds of Yesterday and Garden of Shadows).
- Deadpan Snarker: In spades, mostly when she's annoyed at something.
- Scaramouche: Yes, when I think of good and devoted husbands, I think of the guy who ran away when his friend/future wife was being gang raped as a child, banged his wifes half-sister while said wife was in a coma, and went along with said sisters plan to kill her. Cant imagine how that marriage didnt work out!
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: One can only guess what 'Cover Talk' is about.
- Fanon Discontinuity: When the Ghost Writer announced that he was writing a sequel to My Sweet Audrina, Scaramouche outright said that she will pretend it doesn't exist once it's published since she believed that the book didn't need a sequel.
- She has also said that she will not be reviewing the Diary series, for much of the same reasons.
- Hypothetical Casting: Has said that she imagines Heaven as being played by a young Jennifer Connelly. The blog itself features pictures from Phenomena (Connelly's first staring role) to reflect this.
- Precision F-Strike: Scaramouche's thoughts on the ending to the 1987 film version of Flowers in the Attic. "The fucking ending", indeed.
- True Blue Femininity: She associates Heaven Casteel with the color blue, despite subsequent books by the Ghost Writer having her favorite color be wine red.
- Seasonal Rot: Her opinion on Gates of Paradise, mostly for being a retread of previous Casteel books and for not bringing anything new to the table, as well as generally the narrator Annie.
- The 'Verse: The "Grand Unified VCA-Verse Theory", her own theory that some (if not all) of the books under the VCA name take place in the same universe.