Now comes a 20 minute OVA which fills one of the few niches still not covered by anime: Isshoni Training / Training with Hinako is an animated fitness video released in April 2009. As is the case with most fitness videos, it is less about actually giving exercising instructions but more about giving an excuse to ogle a sparsely clothed, bouncy, sweaty girl.
Despite its very cheap production (countless repeats of the same sequences) it was quite a hit in Japan. All copies of the DVD were sold out immediately at release day.
A sequel, Sleeping With Hinako, was released in February 2010. "Sleeping" alters the formula, and is meant to "simulate" a sleepover with Hinako. It acts as sleep ambiance and an alarm clock. The ambient footage is a repeating loop of Hinako sleeping in sexy poses from various camera angles, giving the viewer something pretty to look at and listen to when falling asleep and waking up.
Has examples of:
- Minimalist Cast: Hinako is the single character who appears in the whole first two episodes (not counting the viewer), while the last one has a girl named Hiyoko.
- Ms. Fanservice: As if the rest wasn't enough, Hinako flirts directly with the viewer and says sweet nothings. Service doesn't get much more direct than that.
- No Fourth Wall: Hinako is frequently interacting directly with the viewer.
- Stock Footage: Countless repeats after repeats of the same animation cycles until you are paying more attention to the background than the character and become grateful for your fast-forward button.
- Trapped in TV Land: Hinako used to be a real girl but got sucked into the anime world.
- Workout Fanservice: The specific draw of Training. Hinako's supposed to be getting into shape, which allows the camera to repeatedly ogle Hinako's boobs and butt as she does her reps.