The Nut is a 1967 Polish Stop Motion Animation short directed by Lidia Hornicka. The minimal plot (it's only some six minutes long) centers around a walnut that rolls around escaping all kinds of hazards. It can be seen here, and you can find out about it on IMDB.
"The Nut's Tropes"
- Definite Article Title
- Determinator: The nut survives nutcrackers, hammers, nails, seemingly ANYTHING that can be thrown at it.
- Didn't See That Coming: A squirrel proves to be the one hazard the nut can not escape.
- Drop the Hammer: One of the many obstacles in the short.
- Giant Foot of Stomping: The lone human character attempts this.
- Mime and Music-Only Cartoon: There is no dialogue.
- Protagonist Title
- Stuff Blowing Up: The nut lands on a box of dynamite, a match escapes from a matchbox and lights the dynamite and there is a rockslide, but, the nut survives.