Sonic Unleashed. Where to begin. For starters, it was released on November 18, 2008, for four consoles: the Wii, the X Box 360, the PS 2, and the PS 3. (Why am I liveblogging it now, nearly 2 years later? I'll get to that.) The game was made in two seperate versions— one for the 360 and PS 3, and one for the Wii and PS 2. This resulted in wide variations of level design, gameplay, and several other aspects. Both versions sold well, but their critical success is another story.
As for what spawned this LB? Well, my brother and I have both showed interest in getting Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing. Sometime back in... May, I believe, he went to the store to buy it. He couldn't find it, so he rented Unleashed instead. We played the game all week, and I eventually gave my opinions on each level in the "Chatterbox: Video Games" thread (around Page 10). Over time, the posts became a proto-LB. At some point, Freezair For A Limited Time asked me if I had ever considered livebloggening. To tell the truth, I had— however, I decided against it, as my summaries were somewhat concise, and since we wouldn't be keeping the game for long. Not to mention, I've never even done an LB before. I did get a small idea, though, and someone volunteered to help me with it— he'd already done an Unleashed LB, which was eventually "archived". Cut forward to today: still no luck in finding S&SASR, so we went and purchased Unleashed. Which means... it's time.
In this liveblog, I shall be playing through the Wii version of the game. Whether or not I go for Hundred Percent Completion is still to be determined. However, I won't be the only one here; Komodin will also be L Bing, playing through the X Box 360 version. Expect a fair amount of comparison between the two games. With that in mind... IT BEGINS!
Blue Index (Wii)
- Part 1: Then...
- Part 1.5: Let's Get This Show on the Road
- Part 2: It's All Greek to Me
- Part 3: Creature of the Night
- Part 4: The First of Many
- Part 5: I Better Get Frequent-Flier Miles for This
- Part 6: Oh Hey, We're Actually Doing Something
- Part 7: 2-4 Split
- Part 8: Hedgehogs On Ice
- Part 9: Spagonian Escapades
- Part 10: Let's Not Go to China
- Part 11 (Gaia Gate Interlude): Prelude to Puzzlement
- Part 12: Big Trouble in Little Chun-nan
- Part 13: Utterly Forked
- Part 14: Re-Oriented
- Part 15: Progress Report
- Part 16: Back to Business
- Part 17: Insert Obligatory 'Deviled Egg' Pun Here
- Part 18: The Long, Icy Road
- Part 19: Back with— Well, Not Much of a Vengeance
Komodin Index (360)
- Part 1: Windmill Isle Act 1 (Day)
- Part 2: Windmill Isle Act 2 (Day); Windmill Isle Act 1 (Night)