Misused (new crowner 12/2/13): Necessary Drawback get usage counts
- The whole thing is kind of an inconsistent cluster!@#$ right now, which is why we're trying to settle on consistent definitions so that we can apply them.
- Because of that, there's a new crowner asking what definitions are required for the tropes. No names are associated yet. First we will determine which definitions we need, because the names have been through several definitions, and are often confused, because it is a clusterfu##.
- Specialist character tropes are being redefined to account for two stats; One really good, One really bad. The crowner is in support of this.
- We are working on resolving the issues with the specialist tropes first because that is where the bulk of the work is.
- We are organizing the tropes under two banners, tentatively titles Statistical Specialists and Statistical Generalists.
- What tropes already have pages that we are missing because we haven't organized them under a super trope?
- What is the relationship between Master of None and Joke Character?
- How do these classifications treat "tropes vs. stat combinations"?
- Defense Stats: how many hits, or how how hard to hit?
- Attack Stats: how many hits, or how hard to hit?
- We have brief descriptions of each specialist trope at Sandbox.Stat Characters
edited 30th Nov '13 11:16:26 AM by crazysamaritan
edited 7th Aug '13 2:23:59 PM by StarSword
edited 7th Aug '13 2:35:43 PM by WaxingName
- First off, we need to decide the scope of what we're going to work on. I think we should focus primarily on the various offense/defense/speed stats — ignoring the stuff that's about skills (Jack-of-All-Trades, Renaissance Man, etc) for now. But we need to get a comprehensive list of what tropes, exactly, we're dealing with.
- Secondly, we need to decide how we're going to organize these. They're obviously closely related, but we need to hammer out what those relationships are. We should probably make a new supertrope for the whole thing — we tried making Competitive Balance the supertrope once, but that didn't really pan out, because Competitive Balance is a trope about balancing playable characters against each other, not stats exclusively.
- Once we have the tropes we're working on and how they're related to each other, then we need to hammer down exact definitions for all of them. Is Fragile Speedster just "character that specializes in speed" or specifically "character who specializes in speed at the cost of defense"? Is Mighty Glacier high attack/low speed, or high attack/high defense/low speed? This will happen at more or less the same time as the organizing step, but they are two separate things, so I'm listing them separately.
- Lots and lots of scutwork. Rewriting descriptions, purging examples, and checking wicks.
edited 8th Aug '13 9:37:26 PM by crazysamaritan
edited 9th Aug '13 7:01:50 PM by NativeJovian
edited 13th Aug '13 8:28:26 AM by hbi2k
edited 13th Aug '13 8:32:53 AM by StarSword
- Statistical Generalist:
- Statistical Specialist:
- Uncategorized / Special Cases:
edited 14th Aug '13 9:08:47 AM by hbi2k
edited 13th Aug '13 8:49:50 AM by hbi2k
Page Action: Necessary Drawback
28th Nov '13 7:55:40 PM