So Beautiful It's A Curse, a quiet deconstruction:
- Boa Hancock from One Piece is this trope played straight. She's had a Broken Bird past of enslavement and abuse, though, and she's now using her power for piracy and profit, combined with a superpower that petrifies any people that are aroused by her. That's right, her sight makes men rock-hard.
- Tamaki Suoh from Ouran thinks he is his trope, and he is actually rather close, as far as most girls his age are concerned... but he's ridiculously cute about how he handles it:
edited 28th Sep '12 8:06:47 PM by TairaMai
edited 29th Sep '12 4:51:21 AM by TairaMai
edited 29th Sep '12 5:55:23 PM by TairaMai
edited 11th Feb '13 6:22:12 AM by TairaMai
edited 1st Oct '12 9:57:03 PM by Wheezy
- Some characters want that pretty face so they can work it to death
- Others will do anything, for that face
- even if the characters heart is in the right place, others accuse that person of looking for or being the two kinds of people described above.
edited 2nd Oct '12 3:16:12 AM by TairaMai
- people assume the character will 'peak' early ("Forget her, she's just the flavor of the week.")
- They may crave real friendship after being coddled
- The Stage Mom, that is all.
edited 2nd Oct '12 3:24:16 PM by TairaMai
- They meet someone just as beautiful as they are... and feel about that person what everyone else have been feeling about them themselves.
- They go to great pains not to find themselves in front of mirrors, to the point that there's an Urban Legend that they're vampires. The truth is both better and worse: they themselves can't resist their own charms, and have so much trouble tearing themselves away from their own reflection that they've decided they just didn't want to find themselves in that situation anymore.
- They seldom wear any makeup, because doing it themsleves forces them to spend time in front of the mirror. If they're male, they don't shave, they go to the barber once a week.
- They save a lot of money on clothes, because no matter how drab or used a piece of clothing is, it looks smashing on them.
edited 3rd Oct '12 6:30:15 AM by TairaMai