Also known as cleverpun, or CP
A 25 year-old from California. Associates of Science in Early Childhood Education (i.e. preschool teacher).
I write as a hobby; I've written things in many genres, from comedy to Cosmic Horror to epic fantasy, and numerous others. Am currently in a fan fiction phase, attempting to improve my skills after years of only writing school papers.
I like all sorts of things, from comics to cartoons to books. I generally detest Crossovers and most Shounen
on principle, but there are exceptions.
I don't edit the wiki much anymore; mostly minor edits, since the wiki's style guidelines are not evenly enforced.
If you'd like one-on-one communication you can PM me via the forums. You can also email me at cleverpun0 (at) gmail (dot) com, or add me on Steam.
- Contributes to the Exquisite Corpse (or used to). Tries to make time for the Writer's Block section of the forums when possible.
- A member of KNIVES and PLATTER.
This Troper provides examples of:
Contributions (partial list):
Did the YKTTW
+ launch for:
Did the launch for:
- A few chapters of the Exquisite Corpse.
- Numerous minor edits- mostly spelling errors and the like
- added paragraph about CLAMP's other members to the end of the article.
- Touched up the Coheed and Cambria article a large bit, which is odd since they aren't one of my favorite bands...
- numerous minor fixes concerning index tags (those things at the bottom of a page). Wasn't the new system supposed to make this easier?
- Sorting examples. You know, the pages that say "Miscellaneous. Please help sort them out." Well, the page asked nicely...
- Transferred all specific examples from BioShock to Bioshock Infinite, and properly split the page back near the first gameplay trailer.
- The firstHellboy Analysis entry
- Turned Jonathan Coulton from a sloppy, song-based list into a proper page, with a list of tropes.
Forum signatures: past, present and futures
Who will walk through the mirror door? Will there be music, or will there be war? Will we be rich, or will we be poor?
A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection.
Sanity is madness put to good uses; waking life is a dream controlled.
The birth of the reader must be at the cost of the death of the Author.
Enthusiasm is tempered by ability.
Confidence is tempered by knowledge.
Ego is tempered by the truth.
The difference between gods and mortals isn't that gods don't die. The difference is that mortals die quiet, gods die loud.
The two greatest tools for any author are experience and planning. The two most common tools for this author are instinct and guesswork.
Now I'm to begin / The life that I'm assigned
A life that's been used before / A thousand times
“If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine; it is lethal.”
“The pursuit of perfection often impedes improvement.”
“It's hell writing and it's hell not writing. The only tolerable state is having just written.”
"Wow, this automated turret sure has a lot of delicate circuitry!"
*Stabs with knife* [Turret successfully hacked]
There are only two differences between Fetish Fuel
and Nightmare Fuel
: context and presentation.
All these are Up for Grabs
if so desired (and if you can infer their meaning from their title!)