YMMV: Tales Series
- Awesome Music: Often done by Motoi Sakuraba and Shinji Tamura. Some of the more recent ones have had other composers assisting Sakuraba, most notably his protege Hibiki Aoyama. Has its own page.
- Go Shiina has also gained a lot of plaudits for his composition of Legendia's epic soundtrack (in place of Sakuraba) and for his contributions to some of the Escort games.
- Complete Monster: We have a page for that.
- It's the Same, so It Sucks / So Okay, It's Average: The games are popular in the JRPG fandom but there's a pretty vocal group of people who consider the games to be very generic and samey, even when compared to other JRPG franchises. Frequent criticisms are uninspired designs and dated visuals, overuse of JRPG cliches ( claiming that the Deconstruction the series is famed for either isn't worth sitting through the Cliché Storm phase, and/or doesn't really make the stories and characters much better or less stereotypically anime/one-note), button mashey gameplay and Sakuraba's work for the series not being as strong as his other compositions. The games tend to be released in a pretty short amount of time, leading to over-saturation in some people's eyes.
- Seinfeld Is Unfunny: For some of the most veteran fans, the Deconstructor Fleet has been done so many times in the series (both well and badly executed) that it has become a cliché in it on itself by this point. Never mind the fact that some of the games were considered damn smart in this regard when they came out (some of them still hold up when judged by their own merits, some of them... not so much).