YMMV: Tales of the Tempest
- Broken Base: Half of the fandom hates this game with a burning passion seeing it as an Obvious Beta to get used to the DS technology; the other half... well, it doesn't love it, but find it at least okay. Positives listed are usually the characters, both in terms of personality and design, while the negatives centre around the limited gameplay.
- Crowning Music Of Awesome: Sincerity is Solemn, played when you fight the Pope.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Lukius. It's that outfit...
- Misblamed: Some people tend to think Namco developed the messed up game. It was actually Dimps.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks: Many mechanics are strangely different from other Tales games (absence of world maps, small party, short playing time, etc), and of course that leads to flame. The whole "having to use Tent to see skits" thing was particularly hated.
- The Woobie: Caius. He goes through a big Trauma Conga Line in the beginning of the game through no real fault of his own, and it just gets worse from there. His reaction to his foster father's death over the course of the game is actually pretty well written - not too whiny, but not too apathetic -, and that just make it seem sadder. Then, when he finds his long lost brother, they're enemies and he has to kill him. Lukius survives and Heel Face Turns, so it's okay, but it's still sad.