- The "Impossible" band songs in the music store doubled the day the Mayhem Festival pack came out.
- The Iron Maiden pack deserves special mention not only for being a very difficult pack but also for being one of the few packs whose songs have high band difficulty ratings because of the difficulty of the vocals (in addition to the other instruments), not in spite of it.
- Megadeth's Rust In Peace album. With the exception of Dawn Patrol, all of the songs on it are incredibly difficult, with many being sixes on all instruments except vocals. And that guitar solo in Tornado of Souls? * shudder*
- "Rude Mood" by Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble is an instrumental that is a six on every instrument. As horrifying as that is, it isn't even that hardest song in the DLC store.
- The legendarily difficult Dummied Out song "Trippolette" from the first Guitar Hero is now available for Rock Band thanks to the Rock Band Network. Your eyes do not deceive you: it is a six on every instrument.
- Anything by Chaotrope. All 6 (to date) songs have runs about as fast as Constant Motion's infamous solo, the difference being that the runs in Chaotrope's songs aren't merely descending arpreggios. Oh, and the bass gets some of those runs. And some tremolo sections break the strum limit in Rock Band 2 NTSC.
- Did you think that Rock Band Network 2.0 would result in some relatively saner songs? Nope, the only difference now is there are Keyboard parts on the songs, and they frequently double the lead guitar's part. Even during the solos. Oh, and if you think that it's already hard enough dealing with trills that make DragonForce look slow, the artist and charter's comment on This video will break you.
shinymonkey8 (Chaotrope): You think this is pushing the limits? BWAHAHHAHAHAHAHA! You haven't seen my new songs. This is cake on guitar compared to songs like Dystopia.