- The ominous Oppenheimer quote ("Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds") has gotten juxtaposed against animated GIFs and other images of many of the sillier moments from the Showa films (for example, this image from Invasion Of Astro Monster, this image from Godzilla vs. Hedorah, and this image from Godzilla vs. Megalon).
- There's this image◊ of Giorgio A. Tsoukalos from Ancient Aliens making fun of people who were too quick to jump the gun as far as equating the Mutos with Destoroyah.
- Already in the comments section for the trailers there are loads of comments on how Walter White/Heisenberg will face off against Godzilla, or defeat him using Meth and Ricin. Hell, there are even tons of comments theorizing that Walter White escaped to Japan and created Godzilla to kill Skylar!
- This GIF◊ of the very end of the second trailer, which shows Godzilla being viewed out of a door that is closing, has spread across the internet with various funny comments, usually along the lines of Screw This, I'm Outta Here!
- Certain fans, joking at the speculation that the silhouette of what appears to be an airborne Kaiju is Rodan, have begun to argue that it really is the Giant Condor that inexplicably showed up in Ebirah Horror Of The Deep.
- This video remixes the second trailer into one that paints the film as the "feel good movie of the year."
- Others have synced the trailer to The Godzilla Power Hour's theme.
- The Twitter hashtag "#demandtoknow" has been repurposed for some quirky contexts. This Cinema Blend article, for one, says:
"At best, this is a legit scary movie. At worst, this is a borderline traumatic experience. Forget about WB and Legendary Pictures gambling with a hefty budget: is Godzilla gonna have to give us some therapy? #demandtoknow"
- This video remixes the train scene with Thomas the Tank Engine.
- This video takes the audio of the first official main trailer and syncs it up with footage from Attack on Titan.
- "[Gareth] Edwards channels poppycock" is a largely nonsensical insult from an infamous negative review by Tony Macklin that has become a common Appropriated Appellation among Godzilla fans.
- To hide a good fight that many people wanted to see is now being known as "a Godzilla 2014" or to "Godzilla 2014" something.
- Godzilla's noticeable avoidance of collateral damage wherever possible led to many people praising him as a better hero than the Destructive Savior version of Superman in Man of Steel.