is a French Saturday Morning cartoon from the same stable of creators that came up with Totally Spies!
, Team Galaxy
and Monster Buster Club
Rekkit Rabbit is about Jay Shmufton, your typical 12-year-old who lives in the suburbs with his mom and stepdad. In the first episode of the series Jay accidentally summons a giant 10-foot tall magic rabbit called Rekkit, who soon became his best friend
. Rekkit Rabbit ran away from his job as a magician's assistant in Chakabrak, and crashed into Jay's world and life. Rekkit is supernatural and magical, and can basically do anything, except he's not very adept at sorcery and this usually causes problems.
Alongside his friends SK, Wally and Bean
, the kids usually run amok.
It airs on Disney XD
Rekkit Rabbit provides examples of the following tropes:
- All Trolls Are Different: They look like giant pickles with beards, wearing Jamaican hatwear and ... they're all taxidrivers.
- Amicable Exes: Probably this trope because Jay's dad doesn't actually show nor does he get mentioned.
- A Boy and His X: A Boy and his 10 foot tall magical, talking rabbit.
- Added Alliterative Appeal: Rekkit Rabbit.
- Art Imitates Art: Dogs playing Poker.
- Aside Comment: Rekkit pulls these sometimes.
- Bad Boss: Yoshini. Rekkit's former master that he fled to Earth from. Yoshini is quite the abusive jerkass and is determined to get his slave back, employing various other magical creatures to do his dirty work for him.
- Big Eater: Unfortunately Rekkit is often prone to "sleep-eating", where he literally sleep walks through town inhaling everything in sight.
- Bigger on the Inside: Rekkit's internal anatomy is ginormous, its easy to get lost inside him if accidentally swallowed up as Jay discovers. There some all-round bizarre things going on inside of his big supernatural friend.
- Bottomless Pits: Mirror land.
- Clothes Make the Superman: In an episode where Lorne and Jay are trying to bond at a comic con, they get costumes made by Rekkit through magic. This ensues.
- Disco Dan: Jay's stepdad, Lorne.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Rekkit can't swim, and he instantly believes all water is evil, and steals it. ALL of it.
- The Ditz: Rekkit
- The Dreaded: Poor Rekkit is terrified of simply thinking of his former-master Yoshini, and being abducted back to Chakabrak to resume an eternity of servitude again.
- Fantastic Racism: Rabbits on Chakabrak aren't allowed to perform magic by themselves.
- Group Hug: The heavily emotional Rekkit is super-enthusiastic and super-clingy. Expect these to happen a lot.
- Happily Married: Heather and Lorne.
- Jive Turkey: Lorne again. The giant afro might've given it away.
- Loony Friends Improve Your Personality: As is the case with Jay over the course of the series, Rekkit's fun-loving nature, goofball humor, and wacky hijinks gradually rubs off on him.
- Mister Muffykins: Jay's granddad owns one of these. Jay as a bunny is terrified of it.
- Motivation on a Stick
- Parental Abandonment: Jay's dad doesn't show in the series. Lorne is Jay's stepdad, but he's black and you might've guessed he couldn't be the very white Jay's real dad.
- Portal Picture: Rekkit can turn paintings into these.
- Single-Minded Twins
- Sliding Scale of Anthropomorphism: A type 5, Rekkit hangs out with Jay and is for all intents and purposes a person.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Carrots.
- You Need A Breathmint: Lorne winds up with "Bad breath" powers when at a comic con, courtesy of Rekkit.