Western Animation / Rekkit Rabbit
is a French Saturday Morning cartoon from the same stable of creators that came up with Totally Spies!
, Team Galaxy
and Monster Buster Club
Rekkit Rabbit is about Jay Shmufton, your typical 12-year-old who lives in the suburbs with his mom and stepdad. In the first episode of the series Jay accidentally summons a giant 10-foot tall magic rabbit called Rekkit, who soon became his best friend
. Rekkit Rabbit ran away from his job as a magician's assistant in Chakabrak, and crashed into Jay's world and life. Rekkit is supernatural and magical, and can basically do anything, except he's not very adept at sorcery and this usually causes problems.
Alongside his friends SK, Wally and Bean
, the kids usually run amok.
It airs on Disney XD
Rekkit Rabbit provides examples of the following tropes:
- All Trolls Are Different: They look like giant pickles with beards, wearing Jamaican hatwear and ... they're all taxidrivers.
- Amicable Exes: Probably this trope because Jay's dad doesn't actually show nor does he get mentioned.
- A Boy and His X: A Boy and his 10 foot tall magical, talking rabbit.
- Added Alliterative Appeal: Rekkit Rabbit.
- Always Identical Twins: Evita and Marisa
- Art Imitates Art: Dogs playing Poker.
- Aside Comment: Rekkit pulls these sometimes.
- Bad Boss: Yoshini. Rekkit's former master that he fled to Earth from. Yoshini is quite the abusive jerkass and is determined to get his slave back, employing various other magical creatures to do his dirty work for him.
- Big Eater: Unfortunately Rekkit is often prone to "sleep-eating", where he literally sleep walks through town inhaling everything in sight.
- Bigger on the Inside: Rekkit's internal anatomy is ginormous, its easy to get lost inside him if accidentally swallowed up as Jay discovers. There some all-round bizarre things going on inside of his big supernatural friend.
- Bottomless Pits: Mirror land.
- Boyish Short Hair: S.K. has this with sidetails.
- Clothes Make the Superman: In an episode where Lorne and Jay are trying to bond at a comic con, they get costumes made by Rekkit through magic. This ensues.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Henrietta and Lorne have some weird interests.
- Conspicuous Consumption: After Rekkit becomes the new mascot for a toilet paper company, Henrietta and Lorne start making frivolous purchases, including a jukebox/juice dispenser.
- Coordinated Clothes: Evita and Marisa will often wear the same clothes.
- Disco Dan: Jay's stepdad, Lorne.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Rekkit can't swim, and he instantly believes all water is evil, and steals it. ALL of it.
- The Ditz: Rekkit
- The Dreaded: Poor Rekkit is terrified of simply thinking of his former-master Yoshini, and being abducted back to Chakabrak to resume an eternity of servitude again.
- Entitled to Have You: Evita and Marisa feel Rekkit should be their friend instead of Jay's.
- Evil Sounds Deep: Yoshini
- Fantastically Indifferent: People around town — but especially Jay's parents — will generally be unfazed by magical things happening around them unless they pose a threat.
- Fantastic Racism: Rabbits on Chakabrak aren't allowed to perform magic by themselves.
- Finishing Each Other's Sentences: Twins Evita and Marisa do this sometimes.
- First-Name Basis: Jay and Rekkit both call Jay's step-dad Lorne by his first name, even though they both call Henrietta "Mom".
- Genre Blind: In "The Tortoise and the Harebrained" Rekkit is in a car race with his old idol, a tortoise, who is helping the twins. Before they can reach the finish line, the tortoise decides to arrogantly stop to drink tea and savor the moment. The twins ask him if he's ever heard the tale of the tortoise and the hare and point out he's doing exactly what the hare was doing. He says he does know the tale, but the lesson he took from it is the tortoise always wins no matter what.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: In "Invisibob" at one point Jay's invisible pet dragon Bob is implied to have goosed Henrietta off-screen, complete with honking sound.
- Grande Dame: Henrietta's mother.
- Group Hug: The heavily emotional Rekkit is super-enthusiastic and super-clingy. Expect these to happen a lot.
- Happily Married: Henrietta and Lorne.
- Hartman Hips: Henrietta and her mother.
- Heavy Voice: Jay and Rekkit in "Muscle Bound" after the second time they expand their muscles.
- Jive Turkey: Lorne again. The giant afro might've given it away.
- Lethal Chef: Henrietta. Rekkit is only one who likes her cooking.
- She gets it from her mother.
- Henrietta can't even use a rolling pin correctly. Instead of rolling dough flat, she hits it repeatedly with the rolling pin like it's a hammer.
- She can't even cook a frozen pizza without Lorne's help.
- Loony Friends Improve Your Personality: As is the case with Jay over the course of the series, Rekkit's fun-loving nature, goofball humor, and wacky hijinks gradually rubs off on him.
- Marry Them All: In one episode Evita and Marisa talk about both of them getting married to Rekkit.
- The Mind Is a Plaything of the Body: In "A Dog is a Rabbit's Best Friend" Jay is turned into a dog and is disturbed when he starts having feelings for his grandmother's pet dog.
- Mister Muffykins: Jay's grandmother owns one of these. Jay as a bunny is terrified of it.
- Motivation on a Stick
- Nosy Neighbor: Evita and Marisa
- Now Which One Was That Voice?: The credits just list the voice actors, with nothing saying who voices who.
- One of the Kids: Henrietta and Lorne have moments of this.
- The One with...: One episode is called "The One Where Bill Gets Rekkit for a While".
- Only Known by Their Nickname: S.K., full name Sarah Kingbury.
- Parental Abandonment: Jay's dad doesn't show in the series. Lorne is Jay's stepdad, but he's black and you might've guessed he couldn't be the very white Jay's real dad.
- Portal Picture: Rekkit can turn paintings into these.
- Pretty in Mink: Henrietta once wore a white fur coat to a job interview, making sure to mention that the fur was fake.
- Sickeningly Sweethearts: Henrietta and Lorne
- Single-Minded Twins
- Sliding Scale of Anthropomorphism: A type 5, Rekkit hangs out with Jay and is for all intents and purposes a person.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Some think the main family's name is Smufton, but it's actually Schmufton.
- Spoiled Brat: Evita and Marisa's dad is rich and they're used to getting everything they want.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Carrots.
- Trickster Twins: Evita and Marisa, usually coming up with schemes to steal Rekkit away from Jay.
- True Companions: The Schuftons treat Rekkit like part of the family and he treats them in kind, even calling Henrietta "Mom".
- You Need A Breathmint: Lorne winds up with "Bad breath" powers when at a comic con, courtesy of Rekkit.
- Youthful Freckles: Jay and his mom both have these.