Western Animation / Phantom Planet
The fourth Danny Phantom Made-for-TV Movie
that also serves as the Grand Finale
. Fed up with Danny interfering in his plans, Vlad Plasmius introduces a new team of ghost fighters, Masters' Blasters, to Amity Park. The new team soon humiliates Danny to the point that he decides to give up his powers and live like a normal kid again (much to Sam's disappointment). However, when a gigantic asteroid released from his previous battle with Vlad threatens the planet, Danny must race to regain his powers and save the world.
The Movie shows examples of:
- Always Need What You Gave Up: It wasn't long after Danny gave up his ghost powers that he needs them to save the world. Fortunately, he gets them back.
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: Vlad's decision to form the Masters' Blasters was because Danny took the Infi-Map from him, caused his satellite to explode, and made jokes about his mental health.
- Bait and Switch: Considering the Running Gag in the montage, you would've thought that during Danny's battle with the ghost dragon, his costume would've been burned off by fire. Instead, it was shredded when he was struck by its spiked tail.
- Big Damn Kiss
- Broken Pedestal: Jack finally learns what kind of person Vlad really is.
- Brought Down to Normal: After failing to catch ghosts, nearly hurting his friends, and getting his parents arrested, Danny decides to give up being a superhero. Fortunately, it doesn't last long.
- Can't Stay Normal: At first, Danny enjoys being normal again after giving up his ghost powers, but after Sam gets on him and an asteroid threaten to destroy the planet, Danny gets his powers back and saves the world.
- Dramatic Unmask: Done twice. First, Vlad reveals his true identity to the world in a blackmail scheme. Then, Danny reveals his true identity to his parents, along with rival Valerie and hundreds of other people. Unlike Vlad's case, everyone accepts him.
- Earn Your Happy Ending: After all the crap Danny has gone through throughout the series, the ending of the series pays off for him: his Secret Identity is revealed to his parents who accept him, he's finally rid of his Hero with Bad Publicity status and becomes a global hero, and best of all, his relationship with Sam finally makes the leap that it's been building up to since the first episode. His future is definitely looking brighter than it did previously.
- Enemy Mine/Gondor Calls for Aid: Just about every ghost Danny's ever faced and then some help turn the Earth intangible to save it. Mostly because the destruction of Earth would destroy the Ghost Zone too...
- Evil Is Petty: Vlad nearly dooms the world just to humiliate Jack, which comes back to bite him extremely hard when it turns out the asteroid is composed of some kind of mineral that he can't touch without injuring himself.
- Failure Hero: Danny continuously experiencing this is what mainly drove him to give up his powers. Fortunately, he managed to overcome it when he saved the world from the Dis-asteroid, becoming the biggest hero in the world.
- Grand Finale
- Her Boyfriend's Jacket: The class ring from "Flirting With Disaster" returns in this episode when Sam gives it to Danny to take it into the Ghost Zone with the promise of bringing it back. At the end of the episode, Danny puts the ring on Samís finger, completing the transition of them going from best friends to boyfriend and girlfriend.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: See Evil Is Petty. But yeah Vlad really had it coming here. And amusingly it's not Danny, but Jack, the man he always hated, that delivers the final insult to him.
- Hydrant Geyser: While patroling the streets in the Fenton RV, Jack and Maddie crash into a hydrant. Jack tries to cover it up by saying the inspection of the water supply checks.
- If We Get Through This: Danny says to Sam if they survive the asteroid crisis (Sam corrects him by saying when), he says he wants to talk to her about their relationship. Fortunately, they get to.
- It Has Been an Honor: A romantic version as Sam says to Danny that no matter how the Disasteroid crisis works out, she wouldn't change the adventures they've had since he got his powers for anything.
- The End of the World as We Know It: Unlike other times where the threat as a plan to Take Over the World, revenge, terrorizing people, and in Dark Danny's case, worldwide destruction, this time, the planet's very existence was in jeopardy of being demolished by the Disasteroid, and since the Ghost Zone is the flipside, it would go too.
- The Last of These Is Not Like the Others: When Danny was preparing to use the Fenton Portal to get rid of his powers, Jazz and Sam tried to talk him out of it by saying that it wasn't the way and that Danny was still a hero...while Tucker tried to convince him they'd find something that rhymes with 'Phantom'.
- The Last Straw: The last thing that happens to convince Danny to give up his powers is Jack and Maddie being arrested by the Masters' Blasters for 'harboring a ghost'.
- Least Rhymable Word: As shown in this episode, finding a rhyme for 'Phantom' is tricky.
- My God, What Have I Done?: After Sam chews him out over giving up his powers and the ability to make a difference in the world, Danny comes to realize that he made a terrible mistake and tries to do what he can to make it right, even without his powers.
- Naked People Are Funny: During a montage of ghost battles, Danny's ghost costume keeps getting destroyed, leaving him in his undies.
Tucker: Hmm, three news photos of you in your underwear. Nine more and you can have your own calendar.
- Nice Job Fixing It, Villain: As it happens, being zapped by hundreds of ghosts at the same time manages to give Danny his ghost powers back. Whoops! Danny even lampshades it:
- Not Helping Your Case: When Danny was considering getting rid of his powers to everyone's concern, he demanded to know one reason why he shouldn't. Tucker replied "You're the target of hundreds of evil ghosts!", only to realize that's not a good thing.
- Now or Never Kiss/Orbital Kiss
- Pragmatic Villainy: See Enemy Mine above
- Riding into the Sunset: The last scene of the episode (and the series) is Danny and Sam flying off to see where the future takes them.
- Save The World/Save Both Worlds
- Spinning Newspaper: These show the Masters' Blasters victories, as well as Danny in his underwear.
- Strong as They Need to Be: Despite Danny being able to defeat Undergrowth, Aragon, and Vortex in past episodes, here Danny suffered humiliating defeats at their hands (and getting his costume destroyed by them) while the Masters' Blasters saved the day.
- That Man Is Dead: As apparently shown in this line of dialogue:
Vlad: Jack, you have to help me! You wouldn't turn your back on an old friend, would you?
Jack: An old friend? No. You? Yes!
- They Do: Danny and Sam finally get together at the end of this episode.
- Trash the Set: When Danny uses the Fenton Portal to get rid of his ghost powers, it results in the portal exploding beyond repair. Despite Maddie saying Jack can build a new one, Jack doesn't want to.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Sam really tears into Danny for giving up his ghost powers.