open/close all folders
Anime and Manga
Films — Animated
- While Phoebus and Esmeralda get to hold hands, Disney's The Hunchback of Notre Dame gets carried on the shoulders of joyful Parisians, proud of the recluse of the belltowers that defeated the haywire Judge Frollo.
- In The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Christopher Robin mistakenly believes that Pooh saved Piglet from the flood, and throws him a Hero Party. Later, the 'one-hero party' is turned into a 'two-hero party' when Piglet gives his house to Owl.
Films — Live-Action
- A New Hope: In the final scene, Princess Leia presides over an awards ceremony where she presents Luke, Han, and Chewbacca with medals for their efforts in destroying the Death Star.
- Patton: At the very end the title character narrates a story about the Roman Empire version of this:
For over a thousand years, Roman conquerors returning from the wars enjoyed the honor of a triumph, a tumultuous parade. In the procession came trumpeters and musicians and strange animals from the conquered territories, together with carts laden with treasure and captured armaments. The conqueror rode in a triumphal chariot, the dazed prisoners walking in chains before him. Sometimes his children, robed in white, stood with him in the chariot or rode the trace horses. A slave stood behind the conqueror holding a golden crown and whispering in his ear a warning...that all glory is fleeting.
- Wonder Woman (2017) shows celebrations at the end of World War I that has posters up to honor the heroes who died in the war.
- The followers of Jesus from The Four Gospels hold a Passover feast, remembering how Moses heroically freed the Jewish people from slavery.
- The Lord of the Rings:
- The Hobbit: When the dwarves (and Bilbo) arrive in Lake-Town, Thorin announces himself as the grandson of the King under the Mountain. Remembering the legends of dwarven glory, the townspeople start a celebration of the dwarves' arrival in the expectation that they will destroy Smaug and bring wealth to Lake-Town.
- The Return of the King: After Sauron is destroyed, Frodo and Sam are taken to the Field of Cormallen in Ithilien and receive great honors for defeating him.
- The Flash (2014): In the chapter "The Man Who Saved Central City" The Flash is celebrated in "The Flash Day" as he helped out to stop the singularity. The Mayor gives him the keys of the city.
- In Episode 1 of Season 2 of Legend of the Seeker, Richard and his friends are celebrated big time by the kingdom for defeating Big Bad Darken Rahl. They all have fun until a new global threat appears.
- All the live episodes of Plumbing the Death Star feature a crowd cheering and applauding the podcasts' heroes.
- In the Light Side ending of Knights of the Old Republic, the entire Player Party is decorated with the highest Republican honors while the Republic troops cheer them on. In the Dark Side ending, meanwhile, the Player Character is hailed as the new Dark Lord of the Sith.
- At the end of Pokémon X and Y's main story, the player character and their friends have a parade thrown in their honor and all receive medals.
- Subverted in the Avatar: The Last Airbender episode "Avatar Day": Aang and co. visit a town where people celebrates "Avatar Day", but it turns out to be an "avatar-hating day" because on that date their town's founder was killed by Avatar Kyoshi (who did it because said king was an evil conqueror who wants to wage war with the surrounding areas). Double subverted in the end where, after Aang and co. fend off a raid of Fire Nation troops on the town, they turn the Avatar Day into a sincere celebration.
- The Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers episode "Out To Launch" concludes with a tickertape parade for the three human space shuttle astronauts. In fact, these people were unconscious at the time the shuttle was landing; it was the Rescue Rangers that successfully brought the damaged craft back to Earth. The plucky critters ride on the limo's front bumper, effectively siphoning their accolades.
- Family Guy:
- At the end of "Blind Ambition", Peter is given a medal for rescuing Horace from a fire in his bar, the scene itself being a spoof of the Star Wars scene above.
- Brutally parodied in "Herpe the Love Sore"; when it turns out that the three bullies who have been making trouble for Peter, Quagmire and Joe throughout the episode are American soldiers about to leave for their third tour of duty, Mayor West declares a celebration in their honor.
- In the Futurama episode "The Devil has Idle Hands", Fry and an orchestra put on a Hornucopia performance to celebrate Fry's crush, Leela.
- One episode of Justice League Unlimited is about The Flash's Rogues Gallery trying to kill him on the day of the opening of the Flash Museum.
- An award ceremony begins the Loonatics Unleashed episode "The Comet Cometh," in which the mayor makes a public presentation to the six heroes. The ceremony gets interrupted by a shower of small rocks, which portend the approach of a world-killer sized asteroid. Back to work, heroes.
- My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic: The end of the episode "The Return of Harmony" features all the main ponies getting rewarded in an almost shot-for-shot remake of the A New Hope scene above.
- The Powerpuff Girls: In "Cat-astrophe", the Mayor declares the day to be Powerpuff Girls Day.