Western Animation: Reign Storm
The first Danny Phantom Made-for-TV Movie
. When Vlad Masters/Vlad Plasmius, Danny's Arch-Enemy
, attempts to steal the Crown of Fire and Ring of Rage
of the ghost king, Pariah Dark, he accidentally wakes him up in the process. The king's arrival sends all the Ghost Zone's residents fleeing to Earth, and Vlad's theft of the Ring of Rage sends Pariah Dark's armies to fetch it. In the middle of all this, Danny has to deal with his new friendship with rival ghost hunter Valarie Grey and Vlad hiding out at his parents house. It falls on Danny to defeat the ghost king, keep his town safe, and stay one step ahead of Vlad's manipulations.
This movie has examples of:
- Big Bad: Pariah Dark.
- Big Damn Movie
- Cast from Hit Points: How the mech suit works. It has some great power to it but saps the user's life force. Danny has to resort to using it in order to beat and seal Pariah back into his coffin.
- Dating Catwoman: Hinted at towards Danny and Valarie, though it isn't really explored until a later episode.
- Dramatic Unmask: Played for laughs, as Danny does this to Valarie in front of her dad to distract her while he takes the exo suit.
- Generic Doomsday Villain: Pariah Dark.
- Gondor Calls for Aid: The other ghosts, who initially laugh off Danny's attempt to get his help, end up showing up to distract Pariah Dark's ghost army while Danny deals with Pariah himself.
- Ironically, it's Sam and Tucker who wind up bringing them to him when he initially refused their help.
- Ship Tease: Sam is clearly jealous of Valarie, while Valarie shows interest towards him at the end.
- Wham Episode: Danny starts a friendship with Valarie that's clearly headed in a romantic direction, Vlad reveals himself to Valarie as her benefactor and starts using her as a pawn, Maddie forgives Vlad (for the moment), Vlad steals the Crown of Fire and the exo suit, Valarie's dad learns her secret identity, and Danny's Hero with Bad Publicity status (as well as his humiliating nickname Inviso-Bill) is lifted, for the most part.