(b. 1983) is an American Professional Wrestler
originally from Eau Claire, WI as Roderick Strong.
He debuted in the Florida independent scene in 2000, first making his name teaming with his "brother"
Sedrick in the Independent Professional Wrestling promotion. He went on to Ring of Honor
, where he would become the second Triple Crown Champion, holding the ROH World Heavyweight Championship
once, the ROH World Tag Team Championship
once with Austin Aries
and the ROH World Television Championship
. He has also competed for TNA
, Pro Wrestling Guerilla
, Dragon Gate
, Pro Wrestling NOAH
and many other independent promotions.
As usual, you can find the basics at The Other Wiki
- Breakup Breakout: He's gone from the Florida independent scene to success in ROH, while Sedrick remains in that same scene in relative obscurity.
- A rather weird case, as every member of Generation Next has seen a good deal of success after leaving the stable.
- The Enforcer: For Generation Next
- Every Year They Fizzle Out - Before he won the World Title at Glory By Honor IX, Strong was 0-15 in ROH World Title matches
- Face-Heel Turn: In 2010 when he joined the House of Truth.
- Finishing Move: Sick Kick, Death by Roderick, Strong Hold, various backbreaker variations.
- Four Moves Of Doom: Double knee gutbuster, Sick Kick, half nelson backbreaker or Gibson Driver and the Strong Hold. Sometimes he switches the order of the gutbuster and backbreaker.
- Three Moves Of Doom: His shorter more recent combo consists of a knee lift to an incoming opponent, a roaring elbow and his suplex/Orange Crush backbreaker.
- Hostile Show Takeover: ROH Generation Next, May 22, 2004, started with them taking out the teams for the opening match, the Ring Crew Express (Dunn and Marcos), the Christopher Street Connection (Buff-E and MACE) and the Special K team of Izzy and Dixie, and generally making themselves as much the focus of attention as possible that night.
- Made of Win: After winning the TV title from Jay Lethal at Showdown in the Sun Day 2, he became the second ROH Triple Crown Champion.
- Power Stable:
- (in IPW): Risk Factor
- (in ROH): Generation Next, the No Remorse Corps, the House of Truth, and The Decade
- (in PWX): The Dojo Bros.
- (in Dragon Gate): Blood Generation
- Real Song Theme Tune:
- Strictly in ROH, he's used Pantera's "5 Minutes Alone" and Marilyn Manson's Cover of "Personal Jesus", the latter while teaming with Aries.
- He's used Korn's "Did My Time" in ROH, FIP and IWA Mid-South
- Misery Signals' "A Victim, A Target" in ROH, FIP, PWG and German Stampede Wrestling.
- Red Baron: "The Messiah of the Backbreaker."
- So Last Season: Adds new finishers on what seems to be a yearly basis and tends to change his main finisher a lot (which makes a lot of sense from a kayfabe standpoint).
- Stronger Than They Look/Pint-Sized Powerhouse: Roddy is 5'10, but is incredibly lean and doesn't have a lot of size to him. That doesn't matter, he can still ragdoll guys around like they're nothing.
- Suplex Finisher: His Orange Crush backbreaker, The End of Heartache.
- The Starscream: He, Aries and Jack Evans all ousted Alex Shelley from Generation Next for refusing to resign as leader.
- Tag Team: The Strong Brothers
- Tournament Arc: He won ROH Survival of the Fittest 2005. He is the only wrestler to ever win PWG's Dynamite Duumvirate Tag Team Title Tournament with two different partners, winning it with PAC in 2007 and with Jack Evans in 2008.
- Turned Against Their Masters - He formed the No Remorse Corps after he and Davey Richards attacked Austin Aries.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: He and Austin Aries have gone back and forth between both teaming and feuding.
- Wrestling Psychology: He can tell a good story when paired with the right wrestler and especially if he's playing face, but he tends to wrestle the same way, whether he's a face or a heel and many of his matches degenerate into spotfests.