Video Game: Abmneshi The Prophecy
BEN, PONIES, TOUHOU, LONG CAT THING, ECT. YES.
THANK YOU FOR MAKING THIS GAME.
~Youtube commenterAbmneshi: The Prophecy
is a rather surreal Bullet Hell
shmup by Pteriforever, based somewhat loosely
on the Ben Drowned
universe and drawing heavily gameplay-wise from Giest118's Trigonometry Wars 4
Tropes appearing in Abmneshi: The Prophecy:
- Amazing Technicolor Battlefield: Stages 4, 5, and EX2.
- Bonus Boss: The Stage EX3 boss, Sirisai.
- Brutal Bonus Level: The EX stages count, especially EX3 which is hidden and entirely optional.
- Bullet Hell: Duh.
- Deflector Shields: Fulfilling the role of the Smart Bomb, you get one of these which charges over time instead.
- Easy-Mode Mockery: Some stages (specifically EX2) can't be played unless you're on Haunted mode. You can't play Stage EX either on Human mode.
- Energy Ball: All the bullets.
- Fake Difficulty: Invoked. One of Mr. D's attacks is very easy, except the bullets are pitch black and the most dangerous ones are hidden behind them so they tend to sneak up on you; these a lighter shade of black on easier difficulties, but other than that nothing's changed.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: There is a secret cheat window which passwords can be entered into. Two of the passwords which work are "xesyrruf" and "iwanttocuminsideauroradash", Aurora Dash being the creator's My Little Pony self.
- Giant Space Flea from Nowhere: The Stage 2 boss, eRrOrPn, is a reference to the Into the Void fan-ARG of Ben Drowned. It has almost no bearing on the plot and it takes the form of a giant ghostly cat for some reason..
- Hitbox Dissonance: Tons of it. It gets to silly levels on some of the larger bullets.
- Idiosyncratic Difficulty Levels: The three difficulty levels are Human, Cultist, and Haunted.
- Limit Break: Hyper attacks.
- Marathon Boss: The Kelbris and DROWNED boss fights both have sixteen phases.
- Mercy Invincibility
- Palette Swap: Many of the mooks fall victim to this.
- Pinball Scoring: Interestingly averted. Despite scores measuring in the millions, it's still easily possible to score one point at a time.
- Rainbow Lite: The Stage 2 boss's Spectral Torment attack.
- Recursive Ammo
- Robo Teching: Bullets can accelerate, change direction, shoot bullets of their own, divide into more bullets, bounce off the sides of the screen, change colours, pause, and so on.
- Shout-Out: The game's creator wrote Khyaid, and this is referenced during the Stage 4 boss's dialogue if you play as Ryukaki.
- The Stage 1, 2, and EX3 bosses reference The Voice, Into the Void, and Cloudspace Material Iiptica respectively.
- Many of the attack names reference the creator's other works or occasionally completely unrelated things.
- Spiritual Successor: Starhall Redthel
- Spread Shot: Jadusable's three attacks are 7-, 5-, and 11-way spreads.
- Ben's unfocused attack is a 2-way spread, and his focused is the Spray Burst variant.
- Technicolor Fire: The bullets in this game are extremely colourful.
- True Final Boss: The Stage EX and EX2 bosses, Mr. D and DROWNED.
- Avatar, a secret boss that appears in Stage EX in Haunted mode on a near-perfect run, is a third example.
- Word Puree Title: "Abmneshi" is a freaky corruption of "amnesia".