Western Animation: Destination Imagination
Destination Imagination is a Made-for-TV Movie based on Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends. It falls somewherenote in the sixth season of the show, and was released in November of 2008.This time, the Foster's crew receives a mysterious box that is not to be opened, but when Frankie directly disobeys Mr. Herriman's orders to take a peak inside, she finds herself in a glorious kingdom inhabited by one lonely imaginary friend. Frankie continues to visit the box each day, and her friend grows so attached to her that he eventually decides not to let her go, and it's up to Mac, Bloo, Coco, Wilt, and Eduardo to rescue her, as they come to realize that the seemingly harmless world inside the box isn't all it appears to be.
The film provides examples of:
- Big Bad: World is definitely the most intense villain from the series.
- Broken Bridge: The musical piano bridge.
- Character Development: Some there between Frankie and Mr. Herriman to the point where Mr. Herriman admits that it was wrong of him to act so harsh and judgmental towards her.
- Convenient Replacement Character: Mr. Herriman tries to replace Frankie after she disappears, the first (Emmy, who looks exactly like Frankie, only with longer hair and a mojojo shirt) runs off after seeing all of Frankies duties, a second look-a-like who is male, and several other workers. (who Harrimen instanly fires over little things)
- Clone Army: when Bloo and the gang fall into the silly-putty like glob pool.
- Darker and Edgier: Noticeably more so than the series, and the other made for TV movie. It was even rated PG.
- Faceless Masses: quite literally every "inhabitant" of the toy box until world uses their bodies.
- Flippant Forgiveness: Bloo towards World
- Grand Finale: While most fans consider "Goodbye to Bloo" the real finale, others could argue that this one wraps up the series quite nicely.
- Heel-Face Turn: World
- Hero Antagonist: Although the character Hero seems helpful and well...heroic a first, in truth he is actually World trying to scare off Mac and the imaginary friends from getting to Frankie.
- Interrupted Cooldown Hug: Happens when Frankie had just calmed World down and made him friendly towards her friends when Mr. Herriman comes barging in and basically reinforces every one of his fears in one fell swoop before attempting to push everyone out of the toy chest. Cue the Unstoppable Rage that literally tears the entire reality of the toy chest apart.
- Kill It with Fire: At one point Coco lays an egg with a flamethrower inside, though she never actually kills anything with it.
- Ordered Apology: Frankie does this for both world and Bloo, more kindly with world but a flat our order with bloo.
- Precision F-Strike: After Mr. Herriman sets World off, Bloo gives him an earful (for a kids cartoon).Mr. Herriman: Good heavens! What's happening?Bloo: You pissed him off! That's what's happening!
- Sealed Evil in a Teddy Bear: The purple puppy.
- Slow Clap: not actually a clap, but Mac is the first to accept World's more sincere apology, and then the others follow.
- Unwitting Instigator of Doom: Mr. Herriman. See Interrupted Cooldown Hug.
- Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds: World.