Web Video: The Angry Grandpa
The Angry Grandpa
is a series of YouTube
videos featuring Charles "The Angry Grandpa" Green getting violently angry about minor annoyances. The videos often feature Grandpa destroying various items in his house for minor inconveniences (such as the time he destroyed his entire kitchen when he misplaced his candy
), as well as his son Michael "Pickleboy" Green (who also acts as the cameraman) playing pranks on him.
This show provides examples of:
- Agitated Item Stomping
- Angrish: Naturally.
- Badass Beard
- Badass Grandpa
- Berserk Button: Has many.
- Big Name Fan: Paul Heyman is a fan of the videos and even spoke with Grandpa once. The feeling is mutual, as Grandpa was happy to see Heyman return to WWE.
- Bilingual Bonus: One of Angry Grandpa's T-shirts says "Gubbdjävel," which roughly translates to "dirty old bastard" from Swedish.
- Cool Old Guy: He voted for Obama, owns an iPod, and is very pro-gay rights.
- Disproportionate Retribution: The videos have a lot of this:
- There was the time Grandpa destroyed the entire kitchen when his bag of candy was supposedly stolen. It turned out to be sitting on the counter, meaning that he caused thousands of dollars in damage over nothing.
- He once destroyed Michael's Xbox 360 over a prank.
- He threw a fit when he found out that his grandchildren opened their Christmas presents before he arrived to see them do it.
- He was also on the receiving end of this at least once. When he destroyed a piece of Tina's Elvis memorabilia, she responded by burning his face with a lighter while he was asleep.
- Good Parents: "I may be a fucking asshole piece of shit, but I love my kids! I'd never hurt 'em!" He's repeatedly expressed a desire to see Casey Anthony die due to this philosophy, and also is dumbstruck by the Newtown shootings because that meant that, for the parents of the victims, "Christmas won't ever be right again."
- Grumpy Old Man
- Hair-Trigger Temper: As mentioned elsewhere on this page, a common theme of the videos is Grandpa destroying things over minor inconveniences.
- He Who Must Not Be Seen: In the earlier videos, Michael rarely appeared on camera.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Angry Grandpa may have a Hair-Trigger Temper and swears too much, he still loves his kids and grandkids.
- Mean Character, Nice Actor: Fans who have met him have stated that when he's not angry, he's really nice.
- Mood Whiplash: Grandpa sometimes goes from violently throwing things around and screaming to completely happy. Justified, seeing as how he suffers from bipolar disorder in real life.
- Must Have Nicotine: Angry Grandpa is often seen with a cigarette in hand, and a few of his tantrums occur due to a shortage of cigarettes in his house.
- One of Us: Michael is a huge Harry Potter fan, and has the Dark Mark tattooed on his wrist.
- Sir Swears-a-Lot
- Tantrum Throwing
- When Elders Attack
- Who's Laughing Now?: Whenever Grandpa gets revenge on Michael for a prank.