So the deal is, I joined in mid-2010 and contributed for about a year. Left for almost two years, and came back in early-2013. Left again
for a few months and ended up contributing a lot note
starting last fall. I'm still around, for now...
Unlike my user name suggests, I am not a furry, the 16th wolf man, or a big fan of wolves; I just chose this solely for Rule of Cool
and I am only in my late teens. You can comment about me and my editing on the bottom of this page, and I might
respond to some of them.
open/close all folders
Tropes describing me
- Angst: Sometimes happens with me, although recently I'm trying to outgrow it.
- Asperger's Syndrome
- Berserk Button: Several, mostly involving certain rude people.
- Beware the Nice Ones
- Big Eater: Though no matter how much I eat, I never gain any weight.
- Born in the Wrong Century: Prefers the 20th century (especially the 60's-80's) over the current millennium solely for the music and some of the cultural aspects. Everything else is fine.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: Whether I'm brilliant or not is decided by others.
- Butt Monkey: To ridiculous extremes, both in real life and on the Internet.
- Can't Get Away with Nuthin'
- Deadpan Snarker: What a surprise.
- Dogged Nice Guy: Attempts to be this with several girls, all to no avail. Could overlap with Butt Monkey and Failure Is the Only Option.
- Dork Age: I consider my sophomore year (except the first quarter) in high school to be this (late 2009-mid 2010). Also practically all of 2012 and early 2013 up until about summer.
- Even Nerds Have Standards: For My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic, I only pay attention to the canon aspect of the show. Anything the fandom brings out would be irrelevant to me unless the show accepts it within its canon. For example: the background ponies? They're just random background characters without any known identity or trait about them, regardless if the collective fandom gives them personalities or a Fan Nickname.
- I also don't partake in any threads or discussions relating to my favorites, although that's mainly because I have a hard time keeping up with about a ton of posts/spoilers and I tend to be ignored on a lot of threads anyway.
- Facepalm: Constantly.
- Flanderization: Originally browses through this site once in a while and edits only a little. Now becomes a full blown editor who checks up on at least five to ten pages a day. (At least until I somehow started forgetting about it.)
- GIFT: Inverted. This troper is very anti-social in real life, but is very friendly online.
- Growing the Beard: In terms of my life's ups/downs, moments where I would consider things picking up would be almost all of middle school, my freshman year in high school, my junior-senior years in high school, and more recently late 2013.
- Jerkass: Only on my bad days.
- Just Here for SP/MLP: The only reason I'll ever watch Comedy Central is because of South Park (except episodes on the SP website). The same applies to The Hub because of My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic (except Youtube videos).
- Nice Guy: Most of the time.
- Nightmare Fetishist: Loves to stroll through the Nightmare Fuel pages the most.
- Nostalgia Filter: Goes through this a lot.
- This could be the main reason why I've returned from TV Tropes.
- Not a Morning Person: I'm more of a night person. It's sometimes difficult for me to sleep very early in the morning and difficult for me to wake up until later. In a different cariation, I could often be a really early morning person.
- Only Sane Man / Cloud Cuckoolander: Depending on my mood, I could be either one of them. I'm more of the Only Sane Man within my group of Cloud Cuckoolander friends, although someone else I know in said group trades places with me once in a while.
- Put on a Bus: Mid-Late 2011.
- Self-Deprecation: Whenever I'm not indulging in self-pitying angst.
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: Veers more into the sensitive side.
- Sophomore Slump: Literally in the case of my sophomore year starting with the second quarter in high school, which was my worst in high school. Especially compared to my freshman year, which is absolutely my best in high school. My junior year got better for me, although not to the same extent as my freshman year.
- Take That: Considers the living standards of Hawaii an Acceptable Target, having lived there most of my life.
- Ted Baxter: Sometimes thinks higher of himself.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Pizza or Steak.
- TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Life: Averted for about a year, as I somehow managed to stay away from TV Tropes during that time (Yes, I'm very surprised). Played straight during the first year I joined and most recently.
- Why Did It Have To Be Spiders?
As you can see below, bands/artists from the 60's and 70's eras are amongst my favorites. Classic rock in particular is my favorite genre of music.
In no particular order:
Pet peeves about the wiki
Note: This isn't an attack on the wiki in general, it's the behavior of most tropers and how it somehow became a fad spreading around this entire wiki like a virus. I would also wish this would just end so the wiki would be a clean place for visitors to fascinate without thinking that a few tropers are idiots.
- Any time a troper puts a justifying edit after an entry using phrases such as "to be fair", "justified", "not supposedly", etc.
- Any time someone puts up annoying catchphrases to add emphasis on entries that don't really need any such as "And how!", "Full stop", "'Nuff said", "X Just X", "That is all", etc.
- Any time an editor puts something such as "I can't believe no one mentioned X yet", "You forgot about X", etc.. This sort of thing tells me that a lot of editors are always expecting a previous editor to put their pet example up when they could contribute to putting it up themsleves.
- Any time a troper puts This Troper in an example. The wiki isn't about yourself, so stop mentioning yourself in the articles.
- I wasn't here at the time of the "I Am Not Making This Up" and "So Yeah" nonsense that flooded the pages, but I can tell that just by reading the historical events of the wiki, that phrase has got to be truly godawfully irritable.
- Anytime someone tells me to "read the description of the trope" when they possibly don't know that I could have already read it beforehand.
I've decided it's time for me to take out the trash and delete any sort of vandalism on my page. From now on, I'm not allowing any more vandalism from any of you. I'd rather have this place be neat and tidy than to have any of your disgusting filth soil my precious page!!!
Psyche! I've relocated all of the existing vandalism posts to a separate page. Feel free to continue vandalizing me as you wish on my "troper wall"
. If you also have any more tropes that may describe me, follow that link as well.