open/close all folders
How I Describe Myself
- Adorkable: When I try to talk to someone in Real Life (especially to a guy I like), I end up stuttering and acting shy and nervous.
- Aloof Dark-Haired Girl: Subverted. Though I may come off as this in Real Life, I'm actually painfully shy.
- American Accents: I have a Midwestern accent due to being born and raised in Illinois.
- Annoying Laugh: Sometimes.
- Berserk Button: Lots, like:
- Do not, under any circumstances, insult people for what they like or dislike.
- Insult my friends and family and you will pay.
- I'll get mildly annoyed if you don't understand when I'm being sarcastic.
- Also, don't interrupt me while I'm talking.
- Big Eater: A woman that likes to eat a lot?! Oh, the horror! Justified in that I have a very high metabolism.
- British Teeth: I have these, even though I'm not British.
- Brutal Honesty: Oftentimes, I will not sugarcoat what I'm feeling at the moment.
- But Not Too Black: Am biracial, but don't "act black" (whatever that means).
- Celeb Crush: Come on, who hasn't had one? My current one is on Matthew Mercer. God, his voice is sexy! *blushes*
- Covert Pervert: Let's just say I've "fantasized" about my PerverseSexualLusts and I make some dick jokes from time to time.
- Country Matters: Averted; "cunt" is actually one of the few curse words I will not use.
- Curtains Match The Windows: My hair and eyes are both dark brown.
- Cute Clumsy Girl: "Cute" is debatable, but I am a klutz.
- Daddy's Girl: My strongest relationship is with my dad.
- Deadpan Snarker: Oh yeah! The only time where I'm not sarcastic is when I'm asleep.
- Does Not Like Shoes: I have a tendency to not wear shoes around the house. Yes, even in winter.
- Eating The Eyecandy: If there is eye candy of an attractive (usually male) character, I will ogle it. Good thing I don't lick the screen, right?
- Even the Girls Want Her: My obsession with Rosalina can come across as this.
- Everybody Has Standards: I may curse up a storm, but even I won't use words like "fag", "faggot" or any racist and/or other homophobic terms.
- Fangirl: I'm a downplayed version of this.
- Friend to All Children: I have a soft spot for children and am very protective of my niece.
- Gamer Girl: Been one since I was about 8 years old. It was my title, even!
- Gender-Blender Name: My actual name it's Taylor can be used for both genders.
- Genre Savvy: I avoid certain things on the Internet because I'm very aware of how...heated things can get.
- Gratuitous German: Kinda justified in that I studied German for two years in high school. Also, I have German ancestry.
- Guy In Real Life: Averted. If there's one thing I never lie about on the Internet, it's my gender.
- Grammar Nazi: Because I want to be an author and my major in college was English, I have reasons for being one.
- Guilty Pleasure: Because of its Love It or Hate It status, I consider Moulin Rouge! to be this.
- Heroes Want Redheads: One of my first crushes was on a red haired boy.
- Hollywood Tone-Deaf: Though it depends on what song I'm singing.
- Hypocritical Humor: Despite hating the True Art Is Angsty trope, my stories I'm working on have dark themes in it.
- I Am Not Pretty: I have this annoying habit of insisting I'm not cute or pretty. Might have something to do with my insecurity.
- If It's You, It's Okay: What my sexuality seems to be right now.
- Innocently Insensitive: I can unintentionally say some things that may hurt others. I'm trying to get rid of this habit, though.
- Just Here for Godzilla: Take a wild guess as to why I got Mario Party 10.
- Large Ham: I can be rather overdramatic at times.
- Leitmotif: Though it depends on my mood, I think of Snowman from MOTHER as my "main theme".
- Messy Hair: Mostly when it's curly, but it can get this way when it's straight.
- Mistaken Nationality: More of a case of Mistaken Ethnicity, but due to my Ambiguously Brown nature, it has happened to me a few times.
- Nerds Are Virgins: -sighs- I know. I'm trying to avert this.
- Non-Indicative Title: Am neither a princess (duh!) nor is my actual name Gwen. Though I made it up and chose it because I thought it sounded cool.
- Nostalgia Goggles: Averted. Though my childhood in the late 90's and early 00's was good, I do NOT hold it on a pedestal like some others do.
- Older Than They Look: Am in my early 20's (currently), but you wouldn't be able to tell just by looking at me.
- Perverse Sexual Lust: Yep, got a few. Most notable ones are Iron Man, Spider-Man, X and Zero, Link, Chrom, Levi and Leon S. Kennedy. Starting to see a pattern with the last three?
- Prim and Proper Bun: If I don't have time for a ponytail, I will often put my hair up like this.
- Quirky Curls: Before I started relaxing my hair, I had these as a kid and I was REALLY quirky.
- Rule of Three: My favorite number is 3.
- Sir Swears-a-Lot: Nowadays, I have NO brain-to-mouth filter.
- Stepford Smiler: On the Internet? I'm a Genki Girl and very nice. In Real Life? I have some SERIOUS self-esteem issues.
- Stupid Sexy Flanders: Besides Rosalina, I have this going on with Samus and Zelda. C'mon, you can't blame me for it!
- Sweet Tooth: Keep me away from the sweets, especially the chocolate because I will try to get to it.
- Tomboyish Ponytail: Mostly in the summer, but yes.
- Tomboy with a Girly Streak: The girly part being that I do my hair, paint my nails, don't mind wearing dresses and talk about boys. Oh and fawning over cute things, like bunnies.
- Tranquil Fury: When I'm really angry about something, I try to keep calm, cause I see no point in completely blowing up on someone.
- True Blue Femininity: Most of the stuff I own has blue on it. It probably helps that my (second) favorite color is blue.
- Vocal Dissonance: My voice is deeper than you'd expect from a woman in her early 20s.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Oh God, spiders are fucking scary! Also, medical needles.
- Yandere: Though I am NOT one at all, I have a tendency to write my male characters like this. I don't know why, though.
- Marvel Cinematic Universe
- Harry Potter
- Lord of the Rings
- The Shining
- The Lion King (Fun Fact: when we were kids, my sister and I wore out the VCR 3 times because we loved it so much.)
- The Little Mermaid
- Toy Story
- Moulin Rouge!
- Shrek (Only the first two.)
- Jurassic Park
- Star Wars (Yes, even the prequels. I don't hate them as much as other people do.)
- The Book of Life
- A Clockwork Orange
Though I haven't published anything yet, here's some things I like to put in my stories.
- Deadpan Snarkers.
- Biracial characters: Considering that I'm biracial myself, this isn't surprising.
- Men with blue eyes: I guess you could say it's a fetish of mine.
- The colors yellow, blue, green, purple, and black.
- Nice Guys: I'm sick and tired of male Love Interests in novels (especially romances) being abusive jackasses or unintentional stalkers, so I tend to write mine acting like this.
- Yanderes: Only as villains, though I do have a story where the Villain Protagonist acts like this towards the main hero.
Least Favorite Tropes
- Critical Research Failure.: How am I supposed to take something seriously if you can't be bothered to do research?
- Complaining about Shows You Don't Watch: If you haven't seen/read/played etc. something, don't bother criticizing it.
- Fan Hater: Why should I hate someone for liking something that I don't?
- Hype Backlash: Just because something gets a lot of attention, does not automatically mean it's good or bad.
- Rouge Angles of Satin: For God's sake, "it's" means it is, while "its" means possession. Get it right!
- True Art Is Angsty: As you can tell, I am not a fan of this one. Not every piece of fiction needs to be gritty and depressing.
- Yandere: I have a love-hate relationship with this one. One the one hand, they can be AWESOME villains if done right. But on the other hand, if a Yandere is meant to be sympathetic, it just doesn't work for me due to being scared of their actions.
- Any of the Strawman tropes, because they come off as Anvilicious.
- Any of the Double Standard tropes, as I believe in equality for everybody and no group should be given a higher moral ground than another.