open/close all folders
- All There in the Manual: actually takes the time to read the manuals, and has the sad tendency of assuming that most others do as well.
- Aloof Big Brother: Well, half-brother, but close enough.
- Anti-Climax: Views the vast majority of Real Life as being this trope.
- Berserk Button: Numerous and varied:
- Other people making a stressful situation moreso
- Repeatedly asking the same kinds of questions over and over again,
- Someone constantly pestering him when GK is trying to ignore them,
- Attacking him in what GK would percieve as hostile, even if it wasn't intended that way, is almost certainly going to provoke an agressive and violent response.
- Better Than It Sounds: many of his fanfic ideas sound like crap if presented with just a sound-byte summary, but are actually pretty good if one takes the time to read them.
- Beware the Nice Ones: While he normally acts relatively benevolent, one should indeed tread lightly when dealing with him.
- Beyond the Impossible: How much more unlikely will the next crossover fanfic become? How far will the next incarnation of a canon character be different from said canon character? What so-called "sacred pairing" will he ruthlessly tear apart next?
- Blessed with Suck: YMMV, and this may sound a bit angsty, but it's rough being one of the brightest people in a school, on the same level of intelligence and (generally speaking) maturity as people in their 30s, and everyone around acts like a five-year-old on crystal meth.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: So much so that if GK's life were a book, this would be a critical plot point. As others would say, "fails to live up to his full potential."
- Captain Obvious: somewhat subverted, in the sense that things most people would consider glaringly obvious are actually not obvious to him.
- The inverse is also true. As a result, GK and other people are on the same page... less often than not, in the context of Real Life.
- Catch Phrase: a couple, including "The only true perfection is the ultimate lack thereof", "Leave me the f*ck alone", and "I can't answer that with just two choices."
- The Chains of Commanding: has had to deal with being the leader of a group, sometimes even a Five-Man Band, and doesn't like it.
- Chaotic Neutral: Chaos — to a degree — is a blessing, as it keeps life from getting too boring. Also, good and evil are both hopelessly negative when taken to extreme.
- Cluster F-Bomb: When brought to anger.
- Crack Pairing: Most of the pairings he writes fanfiction for can qualify as this.
- Crapsack World: GK's view of Real Life.
- Crazy Survivalist: YMMV, based primarily on his Do Not Taunt Cthulhu entry.
- Crosses the Line Twice: when angered or stressed, it's pretty common for this to occur.
- Dark is Not Evil: It isn't. Guns don't kill people, people kill people using guns. If guns can be used for good, then so can darkness.
- Darker and Edgier: Whenever this troper writes a fanfic about something, the fanfic universe normally ends up being darker and edgier than the original canon was. There were one or two exceptions, though.
- Dark Fic: GK writes these frequently, though there's almost certainly darker.
- Deadpan Snarker: Averted; while he frequently tries, he usually fails at it.
- Discontinuity: GK frequently changes the facts of whatever fictional universe he's writing for so as to fit the plot. So technically, they're all Alternate Universe. Some work out better than others.
- Do Not Taunt Cthulhu: GK generally knows better than to antagonize those who can and will kick his ass. See also Crazy Survivalist.
- Don't Explain the Joke: And don't repeat yourself if you know he heard you the first time.
- Don't You Dare Pity Me!: Ever. End of discussion.
- Everything Trying to Kill You: Maybe not "kill", but certainly "hurt" and "piss off".
- Hates Everyone Equally: Is simply more tolerant of some than others.
- Honor Before Reason: Inverted.
- I Am What I Am: And anyone who can't accept that isn't his problem.
- I Don't Even Care: And often gets roped into helping anyway.
- Intelligence Equals Isolation: And how.
- Lack of Empathy
- No Sympathy
- Not a Morning Person
- Properly Paranoid
- Stroke the Beard: even before he had one.
- Younger Than They Look: was once hit on by a waitress thinking he was 25. She was ten years off the mark.