- Gorilla Monsoon cuts down Bobby Heenan after Andre the Giant's loss at WrestleMania III.
- Mick Foley:
- As Cactus Jack, his legendary Cane Dewey promo was this to the very fans of ECW.
- A legendary promo delivered by Vince McMahon to Foley in 1998, where Ė after several weeks of Foley and his various alter egos failing to defeat "Stone Cold" Steve Austin, lastly at "Over the Edge" Ė he publicly called Foley an embarrassment and tough-talking coward note and berated him for several minutes as a miserable failure before telling him, "Your services are no longer required." Foley was reduced to tears at the end of this segment, as even then rabidly-heel color commentator Jerry Lawler was at a loss for words.
- Triggered by seeing his book thrown in the trash, Mankind gave a devastating one to The Rock on the 10/18/99 Raw, calling him out for the way he treated Mankind in the past, along with his general Jerk Jock, egotistical ways. The Rock, who always has a comeback for everything, had nothing to say.
- On the July 19, 2011 episode of Raw, John Cena delivers an epic one to Vince McMahon, calling out Vince on the Montreal Screwjob and what it did to Shawn Michaels' career and how he had no intention of being the next one to be Vince's fall guy and get a black mark on his career all just because Vince doesn't like the guy he's going up against. (If you're a Cena-lover, you'll relish this. If you're a Cena-hater, you're liable to just roll your eyes and think "There goes WWE's self-appointed moralist again.")
- Through 2011 and into 2012, John Laurinaitis has been getting under the skin of most of the Raw roster. One person especially who has never liked "Big Johnny" would be CM Punk. Heading into the Royal Rumble pay-per-view, Punk has been having problems with Laurinaitis of the Unwanted Assistance variety, which finally came to a head on the January 16, 2012 Raw with a beautiful TRYSS which made for early candidate to Pipe Bomb of the Year, as Punk called out Laurinaitis for how it must've ate him alive with jealousy that while his brother was one of the legendary Road Warriors, he himself was so utterly terrible and/or bland/nondescript in the ring (which has some basis in reality, as he gets almost no credit for the RKO / Gringo Cutter / Diamond Cutter despite the fact that it was the Ace Crusher first) that he had to trade in his tights for a suit to get anywhere in the business, whereas the anti-authority rebel Punk is the WWE Champion and has accomplished more in the past year than Ace has his entire career. This and some prodding by Mick Foley to at least admit his true intentions led to a Villainous Breakdown which was oddly enough the most interesting Laurinaitis has ever been.
- Edge was quite adept at handing these out to various wrestlers throughout his career. But perhaps the most noticeable and famous was his promo to Matt Hardy after the latter's return after being fired due to the Lita scandal. After hearing Hardy's awful return promo in which he said he hoped Edge would die in a car accident, Edge responded the next week in a six minute destruction of Hardy as a person and a wrestler. Deriding Hardy for his lack of commitment to Lita and how he was only in his position because of riding Edge's coat tails, ended with Edge pleading with Hardy to buckle up and be safe so he could have the pleasure of beating him at SummerSlam.
- This promo was not totally appreciated back around the time that it happened for already-stated reasons, but over time it (as well as Edge and Lita themselves) would end up a case of Vindicated by History with each passing headline involving the three parties over the years. See, Edge did beat Hardy at SummerSlam, by KO at that, and then won the feud overall a couple months later. Then he went on to establish himself as a legend over the next few years with world championship titles and top notch main event feuds in the double digits before retiring World Heavyweight Champion and becoming a first-ballot happily retired Hall of Famer, whereas Matt would descend into a bonafide Attention Whore and even lose his status as the "responsible" Hardy brother as his career dwindled to the point of failing even as a midcarder in TNA, making Edge's statements in this promo more and more prophetic by the day.
- Ric Flair verbally destroys Carlito in only two minutes.
- On the 5/14/12 edition of Raw, John Cena was at it again, verbally tearing apart John Laurinaitis and his egotistical rule as General Manager of both Raw & SmackDown.
- See Dolph Ziggler verbally dissect AJ Lee over her Clingy Attention Whore Yandere tendencies when she tried to stick up for John Cena.
- Adam Pearce gave a speech about the Ring of Honor roster having to step up for the promotion's first pay per view, but mention some soul searching would be needed as not everyone would be able to survive the promotion's growing pains, mentioning that BJ Whitmer had sacrificed more for ROH than anyone only to be put out with an injury by Jimmy Jacobs and then lose the very first match on said pay per view.
- After Lacey left Jimmy Jacobs for Austin Aries, Aries would rub it in by destroying Jacobs over his poor leadership skills.
- Muhammad Hassan, a Politically Incorrect Villain, received a lot of heat after a controversy in 2005 (an episode of SmackDown! where his minions, disguised as "terrorists" attacked the Undertaker, was unfortunately aired the day of the London bombings). The next episode, he came down to the ring, and responded to an article from the New York Post that he deemed offensive, and proceeded to give a brutal TRYSS to the whole attending crowd of Smackdown. With quite valid points. Behold.
- John Cena does it again for a third time on the 12/2/2013 edition of RAW, this time to Randy Orton. He precedes it with a Big "SHUT UP!" before going right into his TRYSS, ripping Orton for essentially defecting from Evolution, and namely his mentors Ric Flair and Triple H, who saw huge potential in Orton. note He then finishes it off by brawling with Orton in a preview for their TLC Title Unification Match, putting him through a table.
- We could really start a sub-folder for Cena, as the next week at the Slammy Awards, he ripped into Orton for his laziness (again) and also for having no respect for the title he held or for the Hall of Famers who had assembled onstage for the ceremony.
- Triple H gave one to both Batista and Randy Orton during the 3/17/14 episode of RAW after they start whining to him about Daniel Bryan possibly getting into the title match at Wrestlemania 30 should he beat HHH. Hunter proceeds to label Batista as a stuck-up "Hollywood movie star" who has the temerity to think he knows better than him, and lambasts Orton for his inability to win matches without Hunter's support. And just to twist the knife further, Hunter modifies the stipulation to his match with Bryan and makes it a contender spot for a third spot in the title match, ensuring a Triple Threat to Batista and Orton's protests.
- AJ Lee famously pipebombed the cast of Total Divas, calling them 'cheap, interchangeable, expendable, useless women' who turned to acting because they sucked at wrestling, and repeatedly slammed them, saying that she had done more in her short time as champion than all of them had done in their combined careers, and that they would never even remotely measure up to her.
- Jim Cornette tends to give these out like treats on Halloween to pretty much anybody who's crossed his path, both in Kayfabe and reality.
- Paul Heyman delivers a brutal one to Vince McMahon three days before the 2001 Survivor Series.
- Speaking of John Cena and the McMahon family, he's received some pretty awesome TRYSSes of his own at the hands of a McMahon. Stephanie McMahon.
"It's not where would WWE be without John Cena. It's where would John Cena be without WWE!"
- On October 27, 2014, Stephanie offered Cena a position with The Authority heading into Survivor Series. Pitched through the reasoning that Cena's shelf-life, especially in terms of universal popularity with the fans, is sinking by the minute. She calls him out for constantly pandering, says no one will remember his name when his career's over, and basically does the best job she can to shred him as a loser while pitching the Authority as his best chance to retain relevancy. Triple H even comes out to provide the icing on the cake by accusing Cena of being afraid of the WWE's future passing him by.
- On March 2, 2015, Cena tries to enter himself into the Andrť the Giant Memorial Battle Royal. Stephanie, bitter over his actions since the previous TRYSS (specifically helping to get the Authority thrown out of power), proceeds to come out and completely skewer and nix his attempt to do so, successfully painting him as acting entitled due to his spot in the company and disrespecting the match dedicated to Andre's memory, who she considered a dear friend from back when she was a kid. Cena tries to make a threat in regards to being left out of WrestleMania, but Stephanie cuts it off with an almost-demonic bass and volume, then points out what Cena's own detractors have been saying for years: that every time a big time player left WWE, they always found the next centerpiece and kept moving forward, and they can easily do the same if Cena merely loses prominence as the main guy (by, for example, sitting out a WrestleMania). Finally, the Billionaire Baroness puts forth a vicious Armor-Piercing Question for Cena:
- Daniel Bryan gave one to Michael Cole shortly after his NXT elimination, and another when Cole, now comfortable in his heel turn, showed up in the ring with bodyguards, demanding that Bryan apologize for his previous actions.
- CM Punk has done a few of these;
Nothing stops me! And before you cut me off: Raven, the reason I hate you, the reason, in my heart of hearts why I hate you, is because I didn't know any better when I was a little kid. When my dad came home smelling like beer, I thought it was a hard day's work he was doing! I didn't realise he was out at the bar, I didn't realise "work" meant "unemployment office". I didn't think it was strange for someone to come home from work and have to take an old style up into the shower while he was in the shower, I didn't think it was strange for someone to pass out! I thought an old style, a pack a day was the norm! Raven, my father is exactly! Like! you! And since day one in Ring of Honor, where fighting spirit is supposed to be revered, things aren't supposed to be this way! I'd shake your hand like a normal man, but see, the truth is I don't respect you! I hate you! I hate you for everything you've pissed away, everything I've scraped and I've clawed for, that I haven't even earned yet, that you got handed to you, and you flushed down a toilet! For what? For pills? For booze? For alcohol? For women? I am born of your poison society, so on the 17th of July, I will become a monster to fight the monsters of the world, and your time in Ring of Honor will be done! And that is a promise! Because this is true! This is real! THIS... IS... STRAIGHT EDGE!!!!
Now far be it from me to think I owe any of you people any kind of an explanation as to why I did what I did, but I just cant resist. See, what kind of an evil genius would I be if I didn't extoll to you my master plan? The only difference being, my master plan has already come to fruition. I have, in my hands, what I set out to get, so I'll explain to you now exactly why it is I did what I did. See, if I may, I would like to tell you a story, and I know the last time I told you a story, some of you were a little heartbroken. But I assure you, this story ends a little differently.You see, about a year and a half ago, I was still working for a company called Total Nonstop Action. Me and a couple of buddies of mine were told that we could no longer wrestle for Ring Of Honor, so what we did, and I'll name names: myself, Jerry Lynn, The Phenomenal AJ Styles, and "The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels, all decided to have a little bit of a meeting late Wednesday night in Nashville, Tennessee. And I sat there and I ate my food, I looked across the table at AJ Styles, who was the NWA World Champion at the time, a belt which, by the way, is nothing compared to the belt I hold in my hands right here. And I watched as AJ could barely eat his food, he certainly couldn't look me in the eye, because what we all agreed was if we stuck together, we could work for Ring Of Honor, we could work for whoever we wanted. I faxed a copy of my contract to the TNA offices and highlighted the part that said I could wrestle for whoever I wanted as long as their name was not Vincent K. McMahon or they were running a pay-per-view. I explained myself to AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels. I said, "AJ, you hold the belt, you hold the power, you can do things, they have to listen to what you say." They looked me in the eye and they said, "We're with you, Punk, we're gonna stick together."But I being done with them, I knew that was the nail in my coffin, so I made my decision, and I stayed here and I stuck with Ring of Honor, and I like to think that I built this place. And I know for a fact that there would not be a Ring of Honor for Christopher Daniels or AJ Styles to come crawling back to if it wasn't for me! Who do you think built this company? (Crowd chants "Joe!") Oh, Samoa Joe? Is that what you think? Do you think Samoa Joe was in the ring every day, training kids, eating, sleeping, breathing Ring of Honor like I was? No, he wasn't! And Chris Daniels, and AJ Styles, and even Low Ki turned their back on this company, and I stood tall, and I stayed here, and what did I get for it, huh? You people shit all over me! Because it was always "When's AJ coming back? Oh, Low Ki throws nice kicks! Oh, Chris Daniels is so great!" and the whole time, CM Punk, much like Atlas, had this entire world up on his shoulders, lifting it up, building up the young guys, showing the way, teaching them, and making sure you losers have a place to come hang out every Friday and Saturday night!Everybody else turned their back on this company except for me, and you turn your back on me! I wasn't qualified to run the school, I'm sloppy, I'm this, I'm that, but the fact is, I was the backbone of this company, and now, I am the champion, and I hold the most important belt in the world, and there's nothing any of you people can do about it!So now, fast forward about a year, and I get an offer from another company. I've got an offer from the WWE. And what do I hear? I hear "Please don't go! Please don't go!" Let me hear it now! Where are you now, huh? (Crowd chants "You sold out!") All you people can chant all you want! All your voices combined still isn't louder than mine! So I take this offer from the WWE. You people doubt that I actually signed a contract? I have to listen to you people doubt my ability in the ring, when I gave you the five-star, greatest technical match Ring of Honor has ever seen? When I gave you the bloodiest street fights that Ring of Honor's ever seen? People, you didn't realise it, you were in the midst of the greatest professional wrestler walking the world today, and he's in this ring right now! So I will, once again, prove the doubters wrong! You people doubt that I signed a contract with the WWE? Well, you're right! I haven't signed my contract! (Takes the contract out of his pocked) You see this? This is my key to freedom. This means I don't have to see any of you people any more. I've already proved that I'm better than you. But what I'd like to do right now is sign my contract, to once again prove you all wrong. Bobby Cruise, if you could hold the belt, please, I want to sign the contract right on top of it.
- And this one to the fans, when he won the ROH title, and annonunced he was leaving for WWE:
- After being disrespected by some rookies and rejected from the Florida Championship Wrestling revival because John Laurinaitis did not find them cosmetically pleasing in 2009, The Briscoes let their frustrations about the program, WWE, Laurinaitis and The World's Greatest Tag Team in 2011 good enough that it instantly turned the crowds formerly in support of the latter and continued to resonate with fans half a decade later.
- In the leadup to WWE's ECW revival in 2006, Joey Styles let loose on Jerry Lawler, Vince McMahon and WWE:
ďYou want to apologize? Like nothing happened. Like you didnít knock me on my ass in front of millions of people worldwide, and Iím gonna come down there and work with you. Iím not coming back, and now thanks to the magic of live television Iím gonna show the whole world, why for seven years in ECW I was the unscripted, uncensored, loose cannon of commentary. Six months ago, WWE called me, I didnít call this company because I was looking for a job. I didnít need a job. WWE called me because they had humiliated and fired... again, Jim Ross. So I get JRís spot, and from week one, week after week Iíve got an ongoing lecture about the differences in professional wrestling and sports entertainment. Iím not allowed to say Ďpro wrestlingí, Iím not allowed to say Ďwrestlerí. I have to say Ďsports entertainmentí and refer to the wrestlers as Ďsuperstarsí. Iím told to deliberately ignore the moves and the holds during the matches so I can tell stories. Well, ignoring the moves and the holds is damn insulting to the athletes, the wrestlers, not the entertainers, who leave their families three hundred days a year to ply their craft in that ring! Hereís the best part: because Iím not a sports entertainment storyteller, I get pulled from Wrestlemania, and the reason Iím given is, is because I donít sound like Jim Ross. Whoís the guy they fired in the first place! That makes sense, right? So I swallow the bitter pill, Iím a company guy. I get bumped from Wrestlemania. Then I get bumped from Backlash? Iím not good enough to call Backlash!? In ECW, I called live pay-per-views on my own, solo, no colour commentators dragging me down. Wasnít done before me, hasnít been done since. But Iím not good enough to call Backlash because Iím not a sports entertainment storyteller. Well you know what? I am sick of sports entertainment. I am sick of male cheerleaders. I am sick of boogers and bathroom humour and semen and I am sick of our chairman. Who likes to talk about his own semen, he mocks GodÖ he mocks God!!!!! And makes out with the divas all to feed his own insatiable ego. I am sick of sports entertainment, and most of all I am sick of you fans who actually buy into that crap! This sports entertainment circus! I never needed this job, and I donít want this job anymore. I quit!Ē
- On WWE RAW 9/11/17, The Miz is about to announce how he and Maryse are about to have a child until Enzo Amore hits to tell Maryse "How you doin'?" Cue Miz burying Enzo.