Series: The Whitest Kids U Know
The Whitest Kids U Know
is an uncensored sketch comedy show on IFC. The cast members are Trevor Moore, Sam Brown, Zach Cregger, Timmy Williams and Darren Trumeter. They're currently most famous for the "Slow Jerk" sketch, the "Abe Lincoln" sketch (in which Abe Lincoln is a loutish boor who annoys John Wilkes Booth to the point of assassinating him), and the "New Thing" sketch, which was (without the WKUK's permission) ripped off shamelessly by Budweiser. Most of their sketches fall under the following categories: Presidential Assassinations (with Zach as Abe Lincoln/Ronald Reagan/JFK, Trevor as John Wilkes Booth/John Hinckley/Lee Harvey Oswald, Sam as George H.W. Bush/Lyndon B. Johnson, and Darren as a Secret Service officer), Drag sketches
(most often with Darren or Timmy as the girl), or just plain weird ones (Saturday, Opus, etc).
They've occasionally come into conflict
with the higher-ups of the Fuse Network (the censoring of swearing and sexual content led them to move the show to IFC) and even IFC (making them do 15 minute long shows rather than half hour long). But for the most part, they have full creative control of their sketches.
- Black Comedy:
- Bowdlerise: A rather unusual example... it seems Youtube decided that "The Jizzle" was too raunchy for a video title and renamed it to "the aueter". Even though they let stuff like Jizz In My Pants by without censorship...
- The Cast Showoff: Trevor tends to get a lot of screen time compared to others.
- Well, he is the head writer with a producers credit. And he's cute.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: Darren, even though when not in drag he's pretty obviously a guy.
- Except then there's that "Weird the Stripper" sketch... the, er, makeup job was so pinpoint perfect that the viewer was kicked to his/her death over the rim of the Uncanny Valley.
- And the "Dog Poop" sketch which at first you really think its a real girl
- It's pretty disturbing how convincing a lot of the guys are as women... especially Timmy, who could easily pass off as someone's mom.
- Lampshaded in the Yellow Mustard sketch, where a news report has Timmy's character in drag, and the caption is "cross-dresser"
- Five-Man Band (though they can shift from sketch to sketch):
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: Lampshaded in one sketch, in which they end the sketch by bringing out a topless woman with her breasts covered with censor bars. Trevor comments that if you buy the DVD, it won't be censored.
- It isn't.
- However, it doesn't work so well on IFC, where the sketch is shown uncensored.
- Gosh Dang It to Heck!: Trevor never really says anything worse than "bitch", while the other guys curse like sailors.
- Word of God says this is due to Trevor having Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.
- Subverted with Pope Rap where he drops repeated f-bombs and curses like crazy.
- Large Ham: Zach's characters tend to be this, when he doesn't play the straight man.
- Overly Long Gag: A lot of their sketches rely on this. "People like you think that the devil..."
- Precision F-Strike: A common technique to end a sketch. If the entire sketch has been carefully devoid of profanity, expect to see this in action.
- Refuge in Audacity: And how.
- The Reveal: Many sketches end this way. A common gag is to have a sketch go in a seemingly normal direction, until a wacky twist shows up at the end (Such as in "Jaws," or the one with the Clap On, Clap Off Rasta Drummer)
- Sassy Black Woman: One reoccurring character is a fat black woman who usually says "oh HELLLL no!" when outraged.
Specific sketches from The Whitest Kids U Know give examples of: