open/close all folders
Anime And Manga
- One yonkoma about Subaru and Teana from Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS has Subaru act out her hidden perverted tendencies when Teana smacks her on the head, ordering:
Teana: "Mind. Out of the gutter. NOW."
- Bleach anime episode #200. Uryu Ishida and Renji Abarai are appalled when Captain Kurotsuchi apparently revives his lieutenant Nemu by bringing her to orgasm. Kurotsuchi denies doing anything unsuitable for family viewing, then gives them this Stock Phrase.
- Mahou Sensei Negima!: When Haruna creates a Negi golem for her classmates to practice romance on, she adds that she's added 23.5 cm for their enjoyment. When all the girls present go bright red, she clarifies: "Get your minds outta the gutter! I'm talking about his tongue!" They protest that that's even worse.
- Batman lobs one at Robin in For the Man Who Has Everything for the excessive attention he pays to Wonder Woman's attire.
- Paraphrased in one X-Men comic. Jean is talking to Scott during a picnic, only to notice that he spaced out... and Psylocke is slowly emerging from the lake.
Scott: Oh... sorry. My mind was...elsewhere.Jean: In the gutter, I guess.
- A famous joke datasheet describing a "write-only memory" chip issued by Signetics in the 1970s, footnoted a mention of the chip's "unique SEX process": "You have a dirty mind. S.E.X. is Signetics EXtra Secret process." On the other hand, the authors' minds probably weren't so clean, given the reference in another section to "slip-on latex protectors" whose use on inputs was not required with "PILL packaged devices."
- When Jonny Paula of Ideo Productions (now called Jogwheel) began producing videos in HD, he made a video informing viewers of the upgrade. He pointed out that they would be seeing some "changes" around the channel, but he's not talking about puberty so get your mind out of the gutter.
- The Joker in The Joker Blogs has used this phrase a few times.
- In The Whitest Kids U' Know's sketch The Grapist, one of the characters delivers this very line.
"Sir! Get your MIND out of the gutter! He's a GRAPE! How is a grape gonna rape a... No!"
- How Familiar Faces's CR describes the action fanservice anime Grenadier:
CR: It's a show that wants to "get your head outta the gutter" at the same time yelling "Hey everybody! Check out my kick-ass gutter!"
Live Action TV
- M*A*S*H. Someone uses this line to Trapper who replies, "I can't help it, it's attached to my body."
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Season Four, Beer Bad, Buffy calls Willow 'Gutter Brain' when Willow takes Buffy's account of the previous night to involve group sex, not drinking beer with four guys.
- Dorothy to Blanche in one episode of The Golden Girls.
- When Santana hears a phrase that is full of Innocent Innuendo, she loudly snarls "Wanky!", which has led other Glee characters to snap an annoyed comment along the lines of this trope.