Series / Drunken To Love You
First aired in April 2011, Drunken To Love You
(醉後決定愛上你, also known as "Love You") is an 18-episode Taiwanese production of TTV studios, starring Joseph Chang and Rainie Yang.
Hotel Manager Lin Xiao Ru's airplane pilot boyfriend Ren Yi Xiang publicly breaks up with her. Architect Song Jie Xiu's model girlfriend Tang Ai Wei privately breaks up with him.
What to do?
Why, get drunk with a perfect stranger also nursing a broken heart in a bar, of course. They both proceed to drown their sorrows, only to discover the next morning that they got married. Hilarity Ensues
as they: (1) try to figure out exactly what happened the night before; and (2) figure out a way to get out of this mess. In the meantime, the Fates begin transforming this into something more than a mistake.
This series is the second arc in a planned trilogy. The first, Fated To Love You
, premiered in Spring 2008.
The series contains examples of:
- A-Cup Angst: Xiao Ru is a little self-conscious in the chest department.
- Accidental Marriage: Done when both of them are too drunk to realize what they are doing.
- Actor Allusion: Joseph Chang, playing the character of Jie Xiu, tells Xiao Ru if she wants to have an affair she should have one with a famous actor like... Joseph Chang!
- The Baby Trap: Yi Xiang breaks off his relationship with Xiao Ru, when he receives a call from Peggy stating she is pregnant.
- Beleaguered Assistant: Tony, who not only has to put up with Jie Xiu at work, but also dresses in drag so his boss can attend a childbirth class.
- Bouquet Toss: Happens in the first episode, where Xiao Ru catches it as she walks by a wedding ceremony.
- Bridal Carry: When Xiao Ru gets injured at Jie Xiu's jobsite, Jie Xiu carries her to the hospital.
- CPR (Clean, Pretty, Reliable): Jie Xiu administers to Xiao Ru after saving her from almost drowning in the hotel pool.
- Cute Clumsy Girl: Xiao Ru, who first meets Jie Xiu when she trips on a ring on the floor and throws hot tea on his pants.
- Later, she trips in a grocery store, prompting him to lift her into the shopping cart.
- Eiffel Tower Effect: The Taipei 101 building features prominently in several episodes.
- Forgotten Friend, New Foe: Di Shuo Huai, who was in the orphanage with Xiao Ru, but got adopted. He has abandonment issues regarding Xiao Ru.
- Hawaiian Shorts: Jie Xiu and Xiao Ru have almost-matching but very colorful Hawaiian shorts during their honeymoon stay at a beach resort.
- He Is Not My Boyfriend: Ai Wei choses her career over Jie Xiu.
- Hospital Gurney Scene: When Samantha falls down a flight of stairs.
- Idiosyncratic Episode Naming: Each episode is a "Cup".
- Missing Mom: Xiao Ru was left at an orphanage but she believes her mom to still be alive.
- Mistaken for Pregnant: Jie Xiu believes Xiao Ru is pregnant when he sees her come out of an OB/GYN clinic and go buy baby stuff.
- Orbital Shot: Jie Xiu looking for Xiao Ru at the airport.
- Paparazzi: Jack, who constantly follows Ai Wei, and later Jie Xiu, looking for the ultimate relationship scoop.
- Parent with New Paramour: Jie Xiu's mother Samantha, who starts dating Jie Xiu's boss.
- Parental Abandonment: Shuo Huai grew up in the orphanage with Xiao Ru. He comes back to Taipei to find her so they can be a family unit.
- Piggyback Cute: Jie Xiu sweety apologizes to Xiao Ru for his bad comments when he is carrying her back home.
- Pool Scene: Xiao Ru's childhood friend places her sleeping on an inflatable raft. Too bad she can't swim.
- Second Love: For both Xiao Ru and Jie Xiu.
- Shirtless Scene: Jie Xiu, several times...rawr.
- "Shut Up" Kiss: Under the temple tree, when Xiao Ru is arguing about when they had their first official kiss.
- Wacky Marriage Proposal:
- In front of paparazzi and her coworkers, at her ex-boyfriend's wedding ceremony.
- Also, the first time, when they were drunk at the bar.
- Wrong Guy First: Yi Xiang for Xiao Ru.