Roleplay / Pokémon and Digimon RP
Pokémon and Digimon RP
is a Spin-Off
of the Digimon RP
while crossovering with Pokémon
. Most of the Play-by-Post Game
is the same, with some added twist, like an added stat and Hit Points
to compare with Pokémon
while keeping all the Digimon
On the Digimon
side, it uses its entire Multiverse
, from the popular Anime series, to the mangas all set in their own worlds, with the occasional Shared Universe
to avoid a cluster of too many earths. Like the earth of Digimon Tamers
are the same, but went to different Digital Worlds
while Digimon Adventure
, Digimon Frontier
and Digimon Savers
all have their own Earth.
On the Pokémon
side, it is based on the video games, but occasional plot, characters and elements from both the anime and manga
are added at times. Besides the main series, this also includes their spin-off titles: Kaito! Pokemon 7
(A No Export for You
manga), Pokémon Mystery Dungeon
, Pokémon Colosseum
It all began with crazy rifts and portals opening on several worlds. This causes several Pokémon, Digimon and even humans to cross into other universes. This cause a bit of confusion between Mons as Digidestined/Tamers along with Pokemon Trainers call the other their respective mon until the confusion is cleared.
In a plan to keep things under control, it was discovered that the D3's of Digimon Adventure 02
could open digiports within Pokéballs, creating "Digi-Balls". So chosen children join forces with trainers as they journey across the Pokearth to send Digimon back into the Digital World. So far, they haven't found a real effective way to send Pokémon from the Earths or Digital Worlds back yet besides sending them into portals.
But what exactly caused this Dimensional Rift? Pokémon Diamond and Pearl
villain, Cyrus was the cause, who performed a experiment to evolve Porygons right at the same as the Digital Deity, Yggdrasil unleashed his Project ARK. However... it is revealed that something deeper linger. Missingno, the glitch Pokémon plotted from his realm, manipulating Cyrus to unlock the Sealed Evolution. It turned out that Pokémon have evolved from Digimon! Pokearth was the result of an Earth and its Digital World merging from the result of a nuclear war. Digimon on the merged world became organic, but their higher forms got locked.
Now trainers and chosen children who are in Sinnoh seek to prevent Cyrus to full-fill the plan.
But trouble isn't just in the Sinnoh region. In Johto, Cody and his team faces against a back from the dead, Myotismon.
Elsewhere in the same region Takato encountered a Megadramon The Dark Master, Machinedramon.
In Kanto, Team Rocket is still thriving, and Rika, Ryo, Neo and their team are dealing with them and the arrogant-tamer, Shin and his Desmon (from the one-shot, C'mon Digimon.) Davis and Ken with their new team-mates are in Orre, confronting Cipher to purify the Shadow Pokémon on the way.
Now in the Mystery Dungeon World, Alphamon (from X-Evolution), force to regress into his rookie form, is Trapped in Another World
with Koji, now as Strabimon instead of his human form, and they team up with the residential Rescue Team (and a rescue team from the Willglytuff Guild) as they fight an evil Digimon army lead by A Devimon who once served Daemon.
For reasons not yet determined, all of the different universes have merged together and the timeline has reset. Evidence of the old worlds and timeline's existence remains and most of the characters know something strange has happened but have no memory of the old timeline and thus do not know if there is a problem, let alone how to fix it. (This could make it easy for new players to join since most of the slate has been wiped clean and there is little they have to catch up on)
Site found here
This RP provides examples of:
- Action Girl: Every female trainer and tamer. One particular example is Chika, who has learned quite a few things about hand-to-hand combat from her dad, and demonstrates it when she hands Keith his ass on a platter.
- Always Chaotic Evil: Pokémon can't be evil unless by human influence. Lovrina from Cipher in Pokémon XD has a project to create shadow-types, shadow Pokémon that never was purified.
- Angel Face, Demon Face: When in sheer stress, or when Deoxy is around, Ash becomes a red-eyed game-version of Red, who would almost resort to kill evil beings, and is unable to speak.
- Antagonist in Mourning: Not that he is much of an antagonist at this point, but Ogremon doesn't take the news that Leomon is Killed Off for Real well.
- Back from the Dead: There's a lot of these. Myotismon, MetalSeadramon, Machinedramon, Kurata, just to name a few. Desmon may also count, but Shin has none of his former enemies to acknowledge this.
- Not Quite Dead/Never Found the Body: Kurata. Considering they Never Found the Body in the first place and the circumstances, it was easier to bring him back, because nobody actually knew if he was dead in the first place.
- Thankfully, this isn't limited to villains. Case in point: Wizardmon.
- Badass Adorable: Pikachu, anyone?
- And the Mystery Dungeon protagonist teams.
- Berserk Button: Red, when feeling sheer anger against villains, he turns into his dark form.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Not only Red (his Deoxys dark side) and Jeri (leftovers from the D-Reaper), but Hikari Yagami as well, who can turn from cute, adorable little girl into dark mistress when around her brother.
- Big Bad: Missingno
- Big Brother Instinct: Taichi is going through this
- Big Damn Heroes: Once attempted, by Suguru and Izzy in order to turn the tide in the Distortion World, but Missingno stops them by cutting off their communications. Not that they needed to, in the end...
- Brother–Sister Team: Besides Tai and Kari, there's also Davis (Digidestined) and June (Pokémon Trainer), along with May (Pokémon Trainer) and Max (Legendary Warrior), and Marcus and Chika for good measure.
- Butt-Monkey: Davis and JP are still this trope.
- Yosuke can never escape this role, ever, poor guy. Then again, he has a habit of bringing it on himself...
- Scratch that! Keith is the top Butt Monkey, so far.
- Calling Your Attacks: What do you expect from Digimon? Pokémon could too when translated.
- Canon Foreigner: In the Pokémon side, its based on the games but certain events and characters from the mangas or anime are allowed in.
- Cloning Blues: Jenny Junsar
- Com Mons: Certain mons that pop up.
- Composite Character: Done mostly with characters from the Pokémon-side, most notably Red, who looks like Ash from the anime, but is more like the Adventures manga Red in terms of personality.
- Cast Herd: Groups and groups of characters are divided among threads.
- Cheerful Child: V-Tamer version of Hikari, yet...
- Creepy Child: At the same time, Hikari! Namely when her darkness is unleashed.
- The Chessmaster: Missingno somewhat fits this, as every hero and villain are nothing but his pawns to further his goals.
- Darkrai is perfectly aware of this, and is more than willing to take advantage where possible. He even has a chess-like setup in his abode!
- Chivalrous Pervert: Ryuudamon and Brock
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Recent example: A Blossomon showed up in Lavaridge Town, interrupting a gym battle between Flannery and June. Exactly one round later, Sapphire, Pokémon 7, June, Yuji and Giovanni have already defeated it.
- "Triple Rescue Team Combo!" is even more recent, and nothing but this so far. It's even lampshaded. Team Go-Getters and Team Spiral trash six Vilemon, and then Team Meanies join the party, and they come up against a Tyrannamon. He doesn't last five seconds after Gengar uses Hypnosis on him. "Depressingly easy", indeed. This didn't last.
- Cutting the Knot: Team Spiral, Souji and Chatot are forced into a maze of mirrors, and their opponent, a Girafarig, is using said mirrors to prevent the group from figuring out where he is. They can't break the mirrors, either, and it wouldn't be a good idea to do so anyway. Daya, being a spider Pokémon, decides to do the next best thing - spray the mirrors with webbing, covering them and effectively killing the illusion stone dead.
Daya: Here's the thing, bozo - I'm the brains of Team Spiral. This puzzle ain't even worth my time!
- Cyber Space: The Digital Worlds!
- Dark Action Girl: Domino (Mewtwo Returns) Even partnered to a Youkomon she still fights mons with that tulip of hers.
- Dark Genki Chick: Dru... and boy, is she twisted!
- Dark Magical Girl: Hikari
- Determinator: Giovanni. He took Ho-Oh's Sacred Fire attack head on and survived, and managed to tough it out until a group of Digimon got him to a Pokémon Center.
- Did I Just Say That Out Loud?: As in Savers, Ivan has a habit of doing this. At least this time, he's aware of when he's spilled the beans.
- Disappeared Dad: When Jun was bragging about his father to Anabel, Red was thinking about his own and realized he never met the man.
- Sorata, a V-Tamers version of Sora, has been looking for her father through many Digital Worlds.
- Ditzy Genius: There are times Izzy can be a bit ditzy.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Zoroark got one, along with mention on the Isshu region. A reference to Digimon Xros Wars was also mention, along with Digi Xros!
- Eldritch Abomination: Missingno
- Enemy Within: Red, Hikari, the Shadow Pokémon
- Enemy Without: Kouichi and Duskmon
- Enfant Terrible: Hikari is hinted to become this. In a sense, she does. Oh, dear.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Jerk Ass Kouki is only fighting on the good team as a deal to Marcus and get his Digimon form, but he is disgusted when he heard one what the Dark Ocean could do to Hikari.
- The words Dru speak... its not that other evil Digimon are scared of here, its that they find it odd that these words come from a human child. Myotismon is the only one who enjoys it, considering he's as twisted as her!
- Everything Makes a Mushroom: The end of Cipher HQ
- Evil Counterpart: Shin and Domino can be said to be this for Neo and Rika respectivly.
- Evolutionary Levels: Pokémon are reveal to be evolved Digimon, and could even evolve higher! How the new timeline has changed this has not yet been addressed.
- Expy/Captain Ersatz: Various OCs are based on other characters, like Ashe.
- Five-Bad Band: Myotismon's Team;
- The New Dark Masters;
- Foil: Red and Wes
- The Four Gods: The Digimon Soverign
- From Nobody to Nightmare: Shin was nothing but a bully back in the One-Shot manga, and Desmon was a Digimon in a V-Pet. Once Desmon was revived and became a solid real Digimon, Shin became a monster, seeing out to suck the DNA and Data of Mons on the way to regain his glory and letting nothing came between his and what he beleives is his right.
- Fusion Dance: DNA Digivolution
- Genius Ditz: Minervamon is one of the Olympus Twelve, and the Digimon god of wisdom... Except she's very childish. And her actions so far have painted her as a ditz and an idiot - she released Giratina from the Distortion World, spilled everything to a human reporter, and seems to hate having to work, wanting a vacation. However, she is the god of of wisdom and smart warfare for a reason, and thus she's implied to be deadly when forced to get serious...
- Get a Hold of Yourself, Man!: A variant that doesn't involve someone getting hit. In short: Sayuri and her fried eggs.
- And then played perfectly straight by June punching Keith in the face because she is rightfully annoyed that he's angsting over Missingno's Digivice iC virus. It works.
- Godzilla Threshold: You know the Digital Hazard, that nasty power Guilmon's got locked inside of him that was unleashed when Beelzebumon killed Leomon in Tamers? The situation in the Distortion World has gotten so bad that Suguru and Izzy have decided to try and unleash the Digital Hazard while trying to control it, with the help of Takato and WarGrowlmon. However, Missingno doesn't want that to happen. Thankfully, the heroes on the field manage to solve the problem on their own thanks to Takato.
- Heel More Heel Turn: Myotismon managed to coerce Dru into joining his side.
- Fate Worse Than Death: As punishment for his crimes, Cyrus is sentenced this by Areceus via Judgement.
- Heroic B.S.O.D.: When Mimi finds out that Digimon Adventure is a TV Show in some worlds
- Yosuke reacts to seeing another person being killed in front of his eyes, well... Fairly realistically. Plus, one of his best friends had also been murdered recently, adding to the emotional trauma.
- Idiot Hero: A common character trait.
- Guardian of the Multiverse: Can be said for Norun and Mewtwo.
- Ham-to-Ham Combat: When Marsmon first turns up, Apollomon yells at him. Marsmon yells back. It turns into what Ikuto describes as a "shouting contest".
- Heroic Self-Deprecation: Tory. And how. Poor kid has serious self-esteem issues.
- Hope Spot: Okay, Cyrus may have the heroes on the ropes, but hey! He's been cornered, and even though Skull Greymon could end up turning against the heroes, he's doing a good job at fending off Cyrus' powered-up Pokémon! Then, Cyrus fuses with his Alakazam to become Alamaster, a Pokémon on par with a Mega... Oh, Crap! doesn't even begin to cover it.
- Hot-Blooded: The most notable being Marcus... And here comes his dad, too!
- "I Know You Are in There Somewhere" Fight: An unusual example, as Cynthia invokes this against Red, to snap him out of his Superpowered Evil Side, despite this being the first time she has met him.
- Incoming Ham: Marsmon, what with making his entrance by dive-bombing Neptunemon's flagship like a meteor and splitting it in half, all while shouting at him... And then it turns into a shouting contest with Apollomon.
- Infinity +1 Element: Lovrina has continue the Shadow Pokémon project, and has now developed Pokémon that are Shadow-types and are not just corrupted version of Pokémon.
- Interspecies Romance: Josh and Sam start flirting in a Pokémon Center without realizing it (considering where they come from, this is par for the course), while Josh is human. Daya then tells them to get a room, making it awkward enough for the pair... Until Mew draws attention to it, her reaction, as well the reaction from anyone else who noticed, is hardly unexpected. Josh, on the other hand, is less concerned about the species difference and more about the fact that he's possibly attracted to Sam in the first place.
- It May Help You on Your Quest: When Missingno disrupts the Data-Squads ability to Digivolve to Mega on the Pokémon World, Gennai comes, giving them a patch program to fix that...but it may effect them differently.
- Karma Houdini: Kurata was never killed in Savers by his own bomb. It instead knocked him onto Poke-Earth and now he's joined Team Rocket.
- Ki Attacks: Aura, best known to be used by Lucario.
- The Lampshade Hanger: Keith is a troper. Wherever he goes, he's hanging lampshades whenever he gets the oppertunity. Ashe even lampshades his lampshading in a non-canon thread!
- Kid Hero: One common type for characters.
- Laser-Guided Karma: Happens to Cyrus repeatedly, and also repeatedly lampshaded by Kouki, to the point where it's a Running Gag. First Missingno nearly kills him for betrayal, his escape craft gets shot down by a bolt of lightning, he's cornered by the heroes and just on his own, and finally, Arceus comes down to use Judgement on him. When that last thing occurs and everyone knows who Arceus is, Kouki is promptly convinced that karma has a sniper rifle trained on Cyrus, and tries to spot the sniper dot before Arceus uses it. He claimed to have succeeded moments before Judgement was used, though he was probably being metaphorical or something like that.
- Like Brother and Sister: Though Hikari has a crush on Davis who has a crush on his own Kari, the gogglehead simply sees the younger girl as a little sister. Especially after the Big Brother Attraction Hikari is going through.
- Light 'em Up: When Digimon appeared, it introduced Light-types to Pokémon. Its the only weakness of Pokémon like Spiritomb and Sableye.
- Light Is Not Good: Unfortunately, Light-types aren't exclusively good. Case in point, Lucemon.
- Love at First Sight: Well we all know how Brock is.
- The moment Yosuke properly sets eyes on Rui, he becomes infatuated with her, partly because she reminds him of Saki Konishi, who was murdered only just recently. When he decides he has no choice but to leave with Taichi, he resolves to see her again, but this time stronger, so he can protect her, unlike his failure to protect Saki.
- Tory has a crush on Rika. I repeat, Tory has a crush on Rika.
- The Mon Behind The Man: Missingno is not only using Cyrus to unleash the Sealed Evolution, but every single villain is a pawn to him!
- Mass "Oh, Crap!": Giratina turns up at the Spear Pillar, and Cyrus traps him in the red chains, and thus takes control of him, as well as Dialga and Palkia. And the only mon at their level on the side of the good guys who is at the scene, is Deoxys. This is basically the reaction of the good guys.
- And then it happens again when Izzy, Suguru Damon and Ikuto's parents are planning to use WarGrowlmon's Digital Hazard to their advantage, Missingno decides he wants none of that, and cuts off their communications with the tamers fighting in the Distortion World. Suguru nearly swore, and Kenji proceeded to declare that they were doomed. Twice. Until Sayuri turned up with her fried eggs.
- Once more... Devimon transforming into Beelzemon. Even Josh is forced to conceed that that's too much for their group to handle...
- Mons: Two different mon series to be exact!
- Mood Whiplash: With scenes like Celebi and Mew quarreling over a date mixed with the Dragon Trio being overtaken by Cyrus, you know this trope comes into play.
- Morality Pet: Rui is this for Wes
- Mundane Made Awesome: A Hot-Blooded Skitty who takes after Kamina? That would be Josh in a nutshell.
- Mutually Exclusive Magic: There cannot be a 'Digi-Snag Ball'. The resulting energy combine will just cause an explosion.
- Nothing Can Stop Us Now!: Yeah... Saturn says this when he thinks victory is all but assured for the bad guys. Then Missingno gets involved immediately.
OOC!Ravemon: "I think he did."
OOC!Ikuto: "Congrats, dude, now you've tempted fate! Cue plan failing catastrophically in three, two, one..." (After Missingno seemingly kills Cyrus) "I CALLED IT."
- And then Team Meanies does it too after the aforementioned Curb-Stomp Battle. Josh heavily advises against this.
- Noble Demon: Wes, Kouki somewhat. Giovanni is also this, enough to get respect from his former underlings.
- Not Quite Dead: Played straight with Kurata, but nobody seems to have a clue if Keith's great-grandfather is actually dead or not.
- Turns out he is. He was never involved in the first place, and the whole thing was a prank. Keith doesn't take this revelation well.
- Not-So-Harmless Villain: Two mega Mamemons, Tonosama Mamemon and a Prince Mamemon X, they came from different digital worlds and united with their armies in a plot to enslave Pokémon. Yet they dance around like the Artist Formally Known As Price and wear make-up. They're forming a bit of a Terrible Trio though, just comical recurring villains.
- Olympus Mons: Legendary Pokémon and Digimon that belong to organization, some of them are partnered to a human.
- Then you have an example that matches the trope name, with the "Olympus Twleve", the Digimon based off the Greek/Roman gods.
- Ominous Floating Castle: There's one that serves as the local bad guy's headquarters in the Mystery Dungeon World. The Protagonist Rescue Teams (and Team Meanies) decide to storm it. However, it's a lot more impressive than they initially expected...
- Our Elves Are Different: The Digi-Elves from Digimon World 4.
- Parental Abandonment: As we know, Jeri watching her real mother die had quite an emotional effect on her. And following that, watching Leomon get killed opened that wound ten-fold. So she still is sore about that and now being Ogremon's partner, Jeri is fearing that she's cursed.
- Sorata's, a V-Tamers version of Sora, father was pulled and vanished in one of the Digital Worlds. She had been searching for him through many Digital Worlds ever since.
- Phantom Thief: Pokémon 7
- Phantom Zone: The Distortion World, the Dark Ocean, the Back Dimension and several other Pocket Zones.
- Place Beyond Time: Darkrai seems to have access to the Darkness Beyond Time.
- Pokémon Speak: Duh. Certain characters, like MarineAngemon, also indulge in this.
- Powered Armor / Super Robot: MechaArmormon, digivolved from Mekanorimon, which is basically what happens when a common mook mon comes into Keith's possession.
- Psychic Powers: Certain mons, also Sabrina of Saffron City
- Psychic Link: Red and Deoxys.
- Basically a common trait among the Tamers of Earth, the strongest would be Rika and Renamon.
- Quirky Miniboss Squad: Team Galactic's Commanders, including Io from Phantom Pokémon 7.
- Rant-Inducing Slight: Even after IceDevimon and Etemon have given him enough reason to lose his temper, what truly makes Myotismon angry for the first time is Mr. 2 converting a few of his minions to Okama Way.
- Religion of Evil: A Phelesmon, along with a bunch of Boogeymon, have created one based around Myotismon.
- Refugee from TV Land: Characters from Digimon Adventure in Digimon Tamers world. They're not the only ones, mind you...
- Samus Is a Girl: It comes as quite a surprise when Squirt is revealed to be a girl.
- Screw Destiny/The Unchosen One: Despite Arceus claiming that all the Tamers are Digidestined, Keith doesn't believe in pre-made destinies, prefering to forge his own. No, he doesn't know about what Arceus said yet, but Keith would consider it merely a title anyway, and nothing more.
- Sealed Evil in a Can: Missingno
- Senpai Kohai: Zoe refers to Ashe as her senapi (since Ashe is two years older than her), which is kinda ironic, since Ashe is a newcomer to the Frontier gang. Keith, on the other hand, pretty much refers to all the Digidestined/Tamers from the anime as his senapi, regardless of age.
- She Is Not My Girlfriend: The subjects of the three main ships will deny any such relationship if asked. They ain't fooling anyone.
- Then it's subverted when Keith and Christa actually agree to go out on a date, and conceed that, yes, "she/he is my girlfriend/boyfriend"...which didn't took so long.
- Oh, yeah, and several of the Legendaries, for humorous results.
- Shipper on Deck: Currently, there's three main ships supported by multiple characters each - Thomas/Jenny, Ikuto/Chika, and Keith/Christa. Ashe also has a (currently one-sided) crush on J.P, which is gleefully supported by Ranamon, But not by JP..
- And of course, the classic Ash and Misty. Heck their love is so 'pure', that they get into a heated argument, in the presence of DarkKnightmon.
- Hilariously, now half the Legendary Pokémon are being shipped together.
- Split Personality: Hikari, Red, and Jeri falls into this category.
- Storming the Castle: The Protagonist Rescue Teams (and Team Meanies) in the Mystery Dungeon world decide that playing defense is not gonna do much in the long run, and decide to take out the source of their problems directly - by storming the bad guy's Ominous Floating Castle.
- Story Arc: Like its sibling site, Digimon RP, the site hasmany threads, and they can be dived into arcs;
- First Arc: Mainly an introduction at first, but Growing A Beard a real plot follows. Plot A adapts Pokémon Diamond and Pearl with a Digimon twist, ending with the sealed evolution unlocked. Other plots include Rika's team fighting off Shin and Desmon across Kanto while collecting some badges, while Team Rocket slowly rises and Domino recruits the boy, the return of the Dark Masters and the battle for Pokémon Island, Cipher's return bringing up shadow Pokémon, and the Back from the Dead Myotismon.
- Second Arc: With the sealed evolution unlocked, the Digidestined have been given the task to help guide the trainers. This arc developed the Mystery Dungeon side, where they had to journey for Jirachi's power to fight off Devimon and a group of wizard Digimon under Wisemon. Team Rocket began to organize upon Archer and Ariana's return, and Cipher has met its end but Lovrina and its Shadow-technology is now under Myotismon and his Legion of Doom. To get to their higher forms quicker, the Digidestined search around Pokearth for their scattered crest energy. The Dark Ocean plot comes up with Hikari and Daemon gets free. Previews for Digimon Xros Wars and Pokémon Black and White comes up, including Lilithmon who makes manipulations, lets out Hikari's Super-Powered Evil Side and destroyed the Digimon Savers base, the HQ for this arc and force the kids to relocate to Hypnos.
- Third Arc: This arc involves the adaptation of Digimon Xros Wars and Pokémon Black and White, Digimon Online from Digimon World 3 gets introduced and it is where Hikari has been hiding, creating an army of evil tamers and Vemmon, Domino, with Shin's money, starts a Team Rocket on Earth and more plots starting to rise.
- Fourth Arc: Everything up to Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 and Digimon Xros Wars: The Young Hunters Leaping Through Time happened as usual except that every Human and Digital world are on the same Earth, use of everything related to Pokemon has been banned in all but a few regions and there is just enough residue from the old timeline still around for people to realize something is not right.
- Superpowered Evil Side: Red has one, due to his connection with Deoxys.
- So does Hikari, Kari's V-Tamer counterpart. Though she so far show this side when around Taichi.
- Team Rocket Wins: The Team Rocket Trio themselves haven't shown up, but the Dark Masters warping Pokémon Island away before the heroes could take it back certainly counts. What's worse, the heroes couldn't do anything to stop them, which made their efforts ultimately pointless.
- Took a Level in Badass: Whenever any of the mons evolve, but Team Spiral gets a collective levelling when they decide they've really had enough of their losing streak.
- The Idiot from Osaka: Yuji
- Possibly Yosuke, as well.
- Warrior Therapist: If there's one thing Souji is good at besides cooking and being a Chick Magnet, it's diagnosing and helping other people with their emotional problems.
- Wham Episode: Mt. Coronet - Preparations.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Lance, taking a page out of the Adventures manga, is going so far as to not only plan to kill Giovanni and Cyrus, but also try to eradicate every single Digimon!