Characters: Pokémon and Digimon RP
This is a list of the characters found in the Play-by-Post Games Pokemon and Digimon RP.
Ash "Satoshi" Ketchum (Red)
- Combat Pragmatist: Come on; hurling your Pikachu into the maw of an evil Digimon, so he could electrify his insides? Of course Red's this.
- Composite Character: His character is mix of both the anime, manga and game versions of him.
- Crazy Awesome: Totally, this is why he was champion of Kanto! It goes Up to Eleven when he goes to his Superpowered Evil Side
- Disappeared Dad: When Pearl was bragging about his father to Anabel, Red was thinking about his own and realized he never met the man.
- Dragon Rider: When on Charizard.
- First Name Basis: While most refer to him as his nickname Red, his closest friends call him by his real name.
- Idiot Hero: It's still there, but when it comes to Pokemon he got more knowledge.
- Oblivious to Love: Has no clue both Misty and Yellow are crushing on him!
- Planar Champion: Red's the one who sticks out the most.
- Superpowered Evil Side: Due to a run-in with Deoxys (slightly based on the Sevii Island manga arc) Red is now connected with Deoxys and tends to revert to a dark state, notably when angered a lot. The results can lead to what many Digimon Goggleheads have fallen to.
- The Empath: Has a strong bond with his Pokemon, stronger when he reverts to his dark self.
Gary "Shigeru" Oak (Blue)
- Aloof Big Brother: He gives off such an impression.
- Anime Hair: Of course!
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Exactly What It Says on the Tin
- The Lancer: He tends to take up this role, notably to Red's Hero.
- Action Girl: Big time!
- Armor-Piercing Slap: No doubt, she could pull it off
- Cool Big Sis: You could say that she's this.
- Shouldn't You Stop Stealing?: When she was first introduced, she tried to con JP!
- The Tease: Men, BEWARE!
- The Trickster: While she has toned down a bit, parts of this still lingers.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: When with Yellow, she's the Girly Girl, using her feminine appeal a lot!
- Betty and Veronica: Though both herself and Misty qualify to be the Betty, the closest to Veronica is Dawn.
- In Harmony with Nature: Born and raised in a forest, she as Psychic Powers connecting with Pokemon.
- Horrible Judge of Character: While she doesn't make friends with the obvious evil psychos, she befriended Rika and Neo and ignored their faults. She also befriended the Team Rocket Trio during their Reformed, but Rejected, but that's understandable.
- Intergenerational Friendship: Made good friends with James and Jesse
- Last Name Basis: Like Red, those close to her uses the girl's real name.
- Psychic Powers: Born in Viridian Forest, she has powers. Though mostly at being The Empath.
- Samus Is a Girl: Many's reaction
- Skilled, but Naďve: While a dependable trainer, she can still be a bit childish.
- Sweet Polly Oliver: When wearing her hat, everyone think she's a boy.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: When with Green, she's clearly the Tomboy!
- Do Not Call Me Paul: Dislikes his real name, lies and says its Ethan while getting people call him Gold.
- It's Personal: Has it in for Phelesmon and his cult.
- No Guy Wants to Be Chased: Always gets pulled into Whitney's antics, and boy does he end up regretting it!
- The Stoic: In spades.
- Action Girl: More of a catcher but can battle fine too.
- Girlish Pigtails: Hers slant upwards. Though she's nowhere near childish.
- Extremity Extremist: She still kicks her poke-balls.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: Warg suspects a little more...
- Let's Get Dangerous: If he can be motivated to battle
- The Dandy
May Birch (Sapphire)
- Teacher's Pet: He is Professor Rowan's assistant. Barry mostly calls him this.
- Big Eater
- Brilliant, but Lazy: Highly knowledgeable in Pokemon, but his brain stops working when Pokemon aren't involved.
- Sloth: How he's shown here, in direct contrast to his rival
Dawn "Hikari" Berlitz (Platina/Platinum)
- The Ojou: She only allowed her closest friends call her by her real name. Everyone else had to refer to her as Ms. Berlitz or Missy. But because she got excited that Kari had the same full name, many of the D Ds called her by her real name, much to her charging.
- Rich Bitch: She's mostly this.
- Spoiled Sweet: It's a clique to most rich girls.
- Composite Character: Her character is a mix of the manga and anime...
- Catch Phrase: ...especially with her anime catch phrase..."No need to worry."
Squirt of Team Go-Getters
- Samus Is a Girl: Squirt's a WHAT?!
Gengar of Team Meanies
- Awesomeness by Analysis: Just one glance tells him the origin site of a Pokemon.
- Bratty Half-Pint: Just don't say it in his face.
- Canon Foreigner
- The Napoleon: The only character in the series shorter than Yellow!
Their Notable Pokemon
- Bad Ass Adorable: You have no idea!
- Shock and Awe: His specialty if course
- Superpowered Evil Side: When Red reverts to his dark self, all his Pokemon close to him gets stronger and wild just as him, Pikachu especially!
- Obstructive Code of Conduct: Would prefer to use violence more often but does not attack without Red's order
- Wreathed in Flames: This explains most of his attacks
Yellow's Pikachu (Chu)
- I'm a Humanitarian: During a flashback, it was heavily implied that if Ariana didn't tell Silver about the Mask of Ice, Feraligatr would have eaten her... and Silver wouldn't have cared!
- Didn't See That Coming: His plans more or less got derailed when Ruby and Celebi teleported in at the most inconvenient time. And then Ruby captured him. Whoops.
- Freudian Excuse: Apparently, there's a reason why he wants to create a world of darkness, other than just For the Evulz...
- Manipulative Bastard: However, his recent capture has limited his ability to manipulate.
- Token Evil Teammate: He can be seen as this.
- Only Sane Man: When comparing herself with Lucas' team
- Tsundere: Lucas' Toterra compared herself to one
Wes's Umbreon & Espeon
- Mama Bear: Treats the boy as her own son, implied for the time
Mystery Dungeon Teams
Josh the Delcatty
- Cursed with Awesome
- Fish Out of Temporal Water
- Future Badass
- Hot-Blooded: Oh, yes.
- Idiot Hero: Kinda comes hand-in-hand with being extremely hot-blooded.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia
- My Significance Sense Is Tingling
- Mundane Made Awesome: He's a cat Pokemon who takes after Kamina!
Samanatha the Combusken
Dayakkaiser the Ariados
- The Smart Guy: The self-professed brains of the group, and proves it, when he tries Cutting the Knot, and succeeds.
Vyle the Grovyle
Noir the Dusknoir
- Heel-Face Turn: Had swapped sides before the story even began.
- Magnificent Bastard: Of the heroic variety.
- Alternate Character Interpretation - Could be any combination of the traits below.
- Beware the Nice Ones
- Catch Phrase - "YOOM-TAH!"
- Cloud Cuckoolander
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass
- Eccentric Mentor
- Genius Ditz
- Obfuscating Stupidity
- Odd Couple - With Chatot.
- The Pollyanna
- The Power of Friendship
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass
- Heterosexual Life-Partners - With Wigglytuff.
- Horrible Judge of Character
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold
- Pointy-Haired Boss
- Polly Wants a Microphone
- Small Name, Big Ego
Taichi "Tai" Kamiya/Yagami
- Big Brother Instinct: He still protective of Kari. Doesn't help that there's an evil digital dimension after her.
- The Determinator: As mention above, he charged through a damp castle using his own digivice to attack the Scubamons.
- Superpowered Evil Side: Not like Ash's, but Tai's emotions often get the better of him and results in his Digimon Dark Digivolving, not always with SkullGreymon though...
- Unlucky Childhood Friend: While nearly everyone (except his sister) believed he didn't made a big deal about, Tai secretly is bothered by it.
- Playing with Fire: His element!
- One Steve Limit: Due to many canon series, more than one Agumon is in the series. Though many have a variation, like Marcus' or Agumon X.
- Superpowered Evil Side: If Tai ever goes to the dark, Agumon goes into uncontrollable forms.
Yamato "Matt" Ishida
- Chick Magnet: Finds himself with this even in the Tamer's universe
Koushirou "Izzy" Izumi
- Mission Control: With the Data Squad's equipment, Izzy has found himself in this role.
- Innocent Flower Girl: She became a literal flower girl upon entering the Mystery World, and had a Half-Freaky Friday exprience with Palmon.
- Truman Show Plot: While its revealed that the Digimon Adventure is an anime in the Digimon Tamers universe, Mimi was hit by it the most.
- The Complainer Is Always Wrong: And he's back to this.
Takeru "T.K." Takaishi
Hikari "Kari" Kamiya/Yagami
Daisuke "Davis" Motomiya
- Butt Monkey: Many people still make fun of him, especially when it comes to his massive crush on Kari. However, other characters now somewhat takes this trope away...which is alright with Davis.
- Declaration of Protection: Found himself in this situation with the V-Tamer version of Kari.
- Berserk Button: Seems to have gained a few , namely Shin being close enough (which triggers dark digivolution) and specially telling him that's his fault for having lost the digiegg of Friendship (which earns yourself a direct punch to the face).
- Malaproper: his malapropism could have gotten him in trouble, if not for a others to give out correct information
Yolei "Miyako" Inoue
Cody "Iori" Hida
- Trademark Favorite Food:Bread
- Little Miss Badass: Keep in mind; she's only a preteen!
- The Lancer: She's still contrasting the hero!
- Only Sane Man: He finds himself with groups like this.
- Deadpan Snarker: He
might havehas one of the sharpest tongues in the entire RP.
- Always Someone Better: a constant reminder to Rika
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork:He only tolerates some of the Digidestined
- Whip It Good: It's more commonly used as a leash for his partner
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: his personality changes between forms, his lower levels being friendlier
- The Berserker: His default persona
- Superpowered Evil Side: Of the foulest kind; if tainted with enough darkness, he becomes Millenniumon.
Hirokazu "Kazu" Shioda
- Eat the Dog:He wanted to eat the then absent Zeromaru
Takuya Kanbara, Warrior of Fire
Koji Minamoto, Warrior of Light
Junpei "J.P" Shibayama, Warrior of Thunder
Tomoki "Tommy" Himi, Warrior of Ice
Izumi "Zoe" Orimoto, Warrior of Wind
Koichi Kimura, Warrior of Darkness
Yutaka, Warrior of Steel
Max Birch, Warrior of Wood
- Hot-Blooded: He hates injustice, a lot
- Invulnerable Knuckles: his punch proved not as effective against Pokemon but his hand didn't hurt regardless when he hit one of the hardest
Thomas H. Norstein
Yoshino "Yoshi" Fujieda
- Catch Phrase: As usual..."This is the worst!"
- She Is Not My Girlfriend: Towards Chika. He's not fooling anyone.
- Relationship Reveal: His relationship with Chika is now becoming increasingly obvious, and now no longer a Toy Ship.
Chika "Kristy" Damon
- Annoying Younger Sibling: Five years has not dulled her blade in this department.
- Little Miss Badass: In five years, she's learned fighting skills from her father.
- She's All Grown Up: Though her brother calls her 'squirt', much to her annoyance.
Suguru "Spencer" Damon
- Badass Bookworm: He's still got it.
- Did I Say That Out Loud: He reveals information too lightly. Might be a little rusty...
- Hot-Blooded: Implied...
- The Evil Genius:claims to have reformed
Xros Loader Bearers
Manga & Game Digidestined
- Butt Monkey: A case bordering on tragic. He suffers a lot of indignities and his attempts to handle them just earn him grief from the rest of the cast, even from the villains.
- Dragon Rider
- Let's Get Dangerous: Diminished here but he still figured out the type chart and digimodify quickly
- Whole Plot Reference: He recognizes a classic comic villain's scheme when no one else does
- Horse of a Different Color: Denies he ever served as one when a kid tries to ride him
- Brought Down to Normal: The V-pet reset
- Mode Lock: He claims it when the other kids suggest he revert to Sleep Mode Size
Ojo the Arukenimon
- Cool Mask: Its back
Pie the Phantomon
- The Fool: And how!
- Only Sane Woman: Is more or less responsible for keeping Warg in line.
Ryuu the Ryudamon
Little Dude the Digimon
Ashe Raito, Warrior of Water
- Captain Ersatz: Of the Mega Man ZX character.
- Le Parkour: One of her defining skills.
- Making a Splash
Bentham Bon Kurei, Warrior of Earth
- Big Brother Instinct
- Curtains Match the Window
- Captain Ersatz: Of the Persona 4 protagonist, with the name from the manga.
- Guile Hero: He tries to make peace with enemies... never works
- Heroic Mime: Izanagi is prone to talking in his stead, but he does talk, and a lot more when Izanagi isn't around.
- Parental Abandonment
- Promotion to Parent: His relationship with Nanako for the most part, though Dojima is picking up the slack.
- Team Mom/ Meido
Izanagi the Kotemon
- Expy: Of Souji's Persona.
- Identity Amnesia: Definately has a past life, but he doesn't have a clue about it, which means...
- Quest for Identity
- All Love Is Unrequited: Although he crushed on Saki, she secretly hated him.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Declaration of Protection: He swears to himself that he will become stronger, to protect Rui.
- Captain Ersatz: Like Souji...
- Heroic BSOD: Yosuke reacts to seeing another person being killed in front of his eyes, well... fairly realistically.
- Honor Before Reason
- Hormone-Addled Teenager
- Love at First Sight: He explicitly says "where have you been all my life?" When he sees Rui. Unfortunately, this clashes heavily with Wes...
- The Fool: Not quite as stupid as Yuji, but he's close.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Chie.
Jiraiya the Floramon
- Expy: Of Yosuke's Persona... Which might explain why Ryuu thinks she's a guy.
- Purely Aesthetic Gender: Claims this isn't true, and is perfectly willing to compromise her modesty to prove it, which is a bit weird.
- BFS: What he consider his sword, Valmanway.
- Butt Monkey: He is this...
- Ditzy Genius: He's highly skilled in electronics and programming, but he has a big mouth, and prone to say the wrong things around the wrong people...
- Hot-Blooded: Might be a little too much for his own good.
- Idiot Hero: Oddly enough, this personality is paired up with a surprisingly keen intellect.
- The Smart Guy: A mixture of this and the above trope.
- She Is Not My Girlfriend: Was this towards Christa, until they actually started dating.
- Take That, Scrappy!: He gets this often at times, sometime resorting him into a Butt Monkey of sorts.
- The Atoner: Is guilty about upsetting two groups of people in a row, the second of whom he admires greatly, and aspires to make up for his mistakes.
Rush the Commandramon
- The Chick: Kinda. She doesn't like fighting, but will fight if she needs to.
- He Is Not My Boyfriend: Towards Keith. At first. Then they started dating.
- Only Sane Woman: When Rush can't do the job, Christa keeps Keith in line.
- Psychic Link: With Rina, though most Tamers have this ability.
- Reluctant Warrior
Rina the Fanbeemon
- All Love Is Unrequited: To be fair, Tory and Rika have only just met, and she's only met one half of him, so to speak.
- Everyone Can See It: Despite attempts to dissuade, that single compliment towards Rika has cemented everyone else's opinion that he's at least got a crush on her.
- Heroic Self-Deprecation: His "normal" personality in a nutshell.
- Jerkass: His "duelist" personality.
- Love at First Sight: Towards Rika. Yes, Rika. Not joking, here.
- Never Live It Down: Tory seems to be on the receiving end of a lot of mockery for Kanako sneaking into a Pokemon Centre hiding in a cardboard box, despite this not even being his idea. It becomes a Rant-Inducing Slight rather quickly.
- Split Personality
- “Stop Having Fun” Guy: The "Duelist" Tory, who is an arrogant jackass who will quite gladly abuse Game Breakers like Dragon's Pride when he gets the chance.
- Tsundere: His "duelist" personality, towards Rika.
Kanako the Kanakomon
Kote the Kotemon
- Determinator: He took a blast from Ho-Oh's Sacred Fire head-on, and managed to tough it out until he got to a Pokemon Center.
- Noble Demon: While the world views him as a monster, he gain respect to those close to him
- Psychic Powers: He too is a child of Viridian Forest
- Dragon-in-Chief: With Giovanni currently crossing the regions in his self-training, Archer took it upon himself to keep Team Rocket up until he returns.
- The Baroness: While Archer is gone, she's in command.
- Master of Disguise: Sort of. The only reason he hasn't been found out yet is because no one in his company knows who he is.
- Dragon with an Agenda: Seems to have other motives...
- Half-Human Hybrid: When she steals Darkrai's power using a Burst Heart.
- Man Behind the Man: Or, to be more accurate, the woman behind Darkrai.
- Manipulative Bastard: Now officially cemented, as everything to do with Darkrai's evil deeds was because of her.
- Mysterious Past: She even calls herself the "greatest living enigma", for pete's sake!
"Domino" (009/Black Tulip)
- Dark Action Girl: Why Youkomon choose her, she even uses a BladeKuwagamon to fight now.
- Evil Counterpart: To Rika in a certain extent.
- Jerkass Woobie: After a flashback to her childhood, showing her struggling hard to please Giovanni.
Shinichirou "Shin" Jousaki
- Brains and Brawn: The brains
- Evil Counterpart: If Kentarou of C'mon Digimon is Taichi's prototype, he can be said to be Neo's.
- Screw the Rules, I Have Connections!: Its claimed
- Screwthe Rules Ihave Money: He has this personality
- All Your Powers Combined: He's specialty, taking data and blood samples of his foes to trandform.
- Anatomy of the Soul: Desmon, The Heartless, The Soulless, mindless monster is only meant to serve Shin's wack job ideals.
- Brains and Brawn: The brawn
The Dark Masters
- The Alcoholic: Comes from him Drowning His Sorrows a few too many times.
- Big Bad: Was the one who organized the Dark Masters together.
- Fusion Dance: With Megadramon, to form Ghoulmon.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Well, not him on his own, but it's his preferred method of dealing with subordinates.
- Big Bad: He's the leader of this team
- Fusion Dance: He is an Ice Devimon (the original Devimon) merged with a Hyogamon.
- Daddy's Little Villain: While Myotismon hates the chosen, he finds this psycho girl enjoyable
- Dark Chick: Dark as the deepest ocean!
- Butt Monkey: Every moment of his life
Lilithmon, Demon Lord of Lust
- Bigger Bad: He is the one who started the whole mess, playing Man Behind the Man during Cyrus' arc
- The Chessmaster: Missingno somewhat fits this, as every hero and villain are nothing but his pawns to further his goals.
- Eldritch Abomination
- Ultimate Evil: While he does appear, being a glitch and all static, you can't really get a glimpse of what he really looks like.
Shinji's Omnimon X
Vamde the Dracmon
The Royal Knights
The Olympus Twelve
- Bratty Teenage Daughter: Just think of Apollomon and Dianamon as the parents and you get her
The Seven Demon Lords
Lucemon, Demon Lord of Pride
Daemon, Demon Lord of Wrath
Leviamon, Demon Lord of Envy
Barbamon, Demon Lord of Greed
Belphemon, Demon Lord of Sloth
- Killed Off for Real: Seems to be the general idea, after his defeat at the hands of DATS.
Other Gym Leaders
Daisy, Lily and Violet
Un-trained Legendary Pokemon