open/close all folders
The man... thing who started it all, Danger Dolan is a white humanoid in a blue hat hailing from Australia. He's a naive, dimwitted guy who likes to blow the viewers' minds with "truth", though it's usually to be taken with a grain of salt.
- Berserk Button: Do. Not. Hurt his Gooby.
- Cartoon Creature: All that's known is that he's definitely the same humanoid species as his brother.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: His shtick in Super Planet Dolan generally consists of him giving outlandish, unbelievable answers while his co-host corrects him.
- Deadpan Snarker: Whenever he is reading out the actual answers in "Super Planet Dolan". He has his moments of snark in the countdowns and True Stories as well.
- The Ditz: In Super Planet Dolan.
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling: Foolish to Zaragamba's responsible.
- Happily Married: To Gooby, as of early 2017.
- Keet: What he lacks in intelligence, he makes up for in energy.
- Know-Nothing Know-It-All: Very briefly deconstructed when he gives an answer to "Can you inflate a balloon underwater?" He answers "yes", which Shima confirms. This makes Dolan happy enough to immediately run to his diary and leave an entry about how happy he is to have the much-smarter Shima's approval about something (and implying all the random crap he's been making up is his way of begging for attention).
- Large Ham: Especially on SPD.
- Nice Hat: Sports a blue cap.
- Ping-Pong Naďveté: He does give the actual answers from time to time.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Pulls this when a viewer asks what causes diarrhea. Dolan is so disgusted by the prospect of answering the question that he storms off the set. Melissa has to give him a pep talk in order to convince him to come back and answer the question.
Dolan's main co-host on Super Planet Dolan until mid-2016, Shima Luan is an intelligent pink cat who gives the real answers to the viewers' questions.Shima disappeared from Planet Dolan in mid-2016, as well as the internet in general) for reasons only vaguely hinted at. However, her character continued to be used on the Dolan True Stories series on the main channel before she was stopped being used due to criticism by fans.
- Cat Girl
- Hartman Hips: Has some of the biggest hips of the cast.
- Put on a Bus: Her voice actress went missing in 2016, hence her absence from SPD, though the character herself will still show up as a silent performer in other videos, usually in the Dolan True Stories, although this was used less and less as of 2017 due to fan outcry over the usage implying Shima had return when she didn't.
Hellbent is a literal and figurative devil. In SPD in particular, when he's not lying to the audience, he's generally acting like an asshole to everyone around him. That said, he does have a soft side; he cares very much for his fiancee Pandora and adoptive son Emojie.He also hosts the Planet Dolan podcast on his own channel every Monday.
- Berserk Button: For the love of God, do not take his cigarettes! Dolan found this out the hard way.
- Book Dumb: he's admitted to being half-literate, which is why he only narrates scripts rather than writing them.
- Deadpan Snarker: The biggest one, which is saying a lot, considering that almost EVERYONE in the show is snarky.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: He may be a Jerkass, but he loves Pandora and Emojie. There's also his daughter in "When you drop things and they are just GONE", through he had to drop her in order for her to disappear...
- Even Evil Has Standards: While he isn't exactly evil (regardless, he's a Jerkass) his commentary towards one entry on the dark web video would be this."While the existence of one video exists is disgusting enough, knowing more exist genuinely pisses me off."
- In one video, he talks about how parental abuse is nothing to laugh about and thinks that telling the authorities is better than to just run away, which may actually be more dangerous.
- Evil Sounds Deep: Which is totally fake if Melissa playing with his voice modulator is any indication.
- Jerkass: Among other things, he constantly belittles his co-hosts, cheats his way into getting money, and does generally despicable acts, such as peeing into a swimming pool full of children.
- Kick the Dog: He almost literally does this in one episode, but Melissa stops him at the last moment.
- Large Ham: Has moments where he can put even Dolan to shame, such as in "ROMANCE CRINGE STORIES", where he very loudly points out Dolan's Raging Stiffie for everyone to hear.
- Pet the Dog: In one video, he apologizes to Pringle for insulting the moon and politely asks him to tell the viewers some info about it. He even calls him "buddy".
- Straw Misogynist: In "If We Stacked Everyone on Earth, Could We Reach the Moon?", he says that men are better than women in everything. Of course, this is the wrong answer to a question to show what a Jerkass he is. He also laughs at the idea of a female ruler. It... doesn't end well for him.
- Token Evil Teammate: While other characters also have their moments of jerkassery, Hellbent is the most obvious.
Melissa Morgan is a Canadian artist and copywriter who serves as Dolan's primary co-host on SPD after Shima's disappearance. Though apparently human once, she's now a purple bird as a result of a rare disease known as Birdificus Melissalie for which there is no cure (not that Dolan's brush with it lasted very long). Compared to Shima, Melissa has a bit more tolerance for Dolan's antics, though she still won't hesitate to point out when he's crossed the line.
- Action Girl: Is big on sports and is secretly ripped underneath all those feathers.
- Adorkable: She has trouble making up weird answers in one "Dolan's Life Mysteries" video and tends to be kind of awkward around Nixxiom
- Alliterative Name
- Bare Your Midriff: Some of her outfits show off her belly button.
- Covert Pervert: Melissa is usually very professional. However, she also has pretty weird fantasies about Nixxiom.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Bread. To the point where she left work to go to a bread factory explosion... for a free lunch.
- Was Once a Man: Apparently, she suffers from disease that turned her into a bird.
Pringle The One
PringleTheOne is an orange, blocky, anime-loving alien who does voices primarily on the main Planet Dolan channel, though he's done a few SPD episodes as well.
- Bizarre Alien Biology: Can change his form into different materials, such as iron, gold, ruby, diamond, emerald, and sapphire. But doing it too quickly leaves him really tired.
- Casanova Wannabe: Thinks that all the PD girls have a crush on him.
- Keet: Even moreso than Dolan.
- Nice Hat: Wears a rainbow-coloured propellor beanie.
- Perverse Sexual Lust: He openly lusts after the other PD girls, and even has a list of his favorites (Melissa was at the top until she admitted that she's never watched anime).
- Serious Business: Anime, to the point of going into a coma when Melissa admits she's never watched anime.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Pringles, according to one countdown he narrated.
Doopie Do Over
DoopieDoOver is an animator and voice actress who had an established presence on YouTube prior to joining Planet Dolan. Unlike most of her co-stars, Doopie is an undeniably human woman styled after her real life self. She was the animator for "Do Penguins Have Knees?", Shima's last appearance in a video, and has become a secondary co-host on SPD in her stead.
- Animesque: Her overall design
- Berserk Button: Don't tickle her.
- Girls Love Stuffed Animals: Played with, as she owns a massive amount of Barbie dolls.
- Only a Flesh Wound: Complained when Sacred Snewpee ripped her arm off and ate it, but was perfectly fine afterwards.
- Slasher Smile: When she kills a hideous-looking fish.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: She spends a decent portion of "Why Aren't Apes Still Evolving Into Humans" trying to kill an innocent (albeit butt-ugly) fish, and even succeeds in the end.
Much like Doopie, Nixxiom had already established himself as a machinima artist before joining Planet Dolan. This night-elf death knight lives his life like he's in World of Warcraft, even when he's clearly not. His deep, intimidating voice makes him the go-to voice for most of the horror-oriented installments of Dolan True Stories. Melissa has a not-so-subtle crush on him.
- Blood Knight: Really enjoys fighting, and considers it the perfect way for guys to bond.
- Characterisation Marches On: Nixxiom started out as a pretty normal guy who likely knew that the things Dolan asked him to read are stupid and then he became a Large Ham who thinks he is responsible for creation of almost everything and is a huge narcissist.
- The Dog Bites Back: He responds to Dolan's taunting in "Do Blind People BLINK?" with a psychic attack at the end of the video.
- Honesty Is the Best Policy: In his SPD debut, he admits that his job is to make up outlandish but convincing lies against Dolan's wished.
- Large Ham: Every time he talks about how he is responsible for creation myths.
- Narcissist: Dolan claims that he once caught him making out with his own reflection.
- Oblivious to Love: He doesn't seem to notice Melissa's attraction to him, though he is impressed by her "armor" (read: feathers) and wishes to battle her at some point.
- Our Elves Are Different: A Night Elf from World of Warcraft.
- Our Zombies Are Different: A death knight.
- Small Name, Big Ego: Shows traits of this at times.
- Wrong Genre Savvy: Nixxiom in the Super Planet Dolan videos seems to be under the impression that his experience in World of Warcraft applies to real life, even claiming that he's responsible for several creation myths such as the sun being a demon he imprisoned with the answer to the "What the sun is made out of?" question being "Pure Evil!".
Zaragamba, a.k.a Dolan's Mysterious Brother
Dolan's Mysterious Brother Zaragamba acts as a narrator on countdowns and true stories. In terms of characterization, he acts as a foil to his little brother, adopting the promise to blow people's minds with "truth", but giving out actual facts as opposed to the usual nonsense Dolan provides, nonsense Zaragamba has little to no patience for.
Grgak is a Russian who specializes in playing terrible video games on his own channel. He narrates on Dolan True Stories from time to time, is a regular on the PD podcast, and is a Super Planet Dolan co-host starting with "What Would Happen If There Were TWO Suns?".
- Boomerang Bigot: Hates fat people. As Hellbent points out, he's pretty fat too.
- Depraved Bisexual: He is shown to fanboy over Doopie, as well as Dolan and Hellbent. He is also not exactly sane.
- Gonk: He has a pretty strange design that looks like it came straight out of Ren and Stimpy.
- Speech Impediment: It's subtle but he has a case of Rhotacism.
- The Friend Nobody Likes: His grotesque, bizarre nature puts him at odds with the rest of the PD crew.
Artists and Animators:
Dolan's wife who is represented by a mermaid dog.
- Bare Your Midriff: As per being a mermaid
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Her drawing response on "What would happen if the Earth was square" are very bizarre and confusing...
- Our Mermaids Are Different: Lower body if a fish, upper body is that of some kind of Goofy-like dog.
- The Quiet One: She never talks. It's unknown why.
- The Voiceless: The narrations in the True Stories mention her speaking but she's never shown/heard talking.
One of the animators on Planet Dolan.
Froggy With Fries
- Bad Job, Worse Uniform: She wears what can only be described as a combination of an old-fashioned McDonald's waitress uniform and a Hot Dog On a Stick uniform.
- Bare Your Midriff
- Burger Fool: Many of the True Stories videos portray her as one of these.
- Gag Boobs: They're just as big as her trunk.
- Hartman Hips: They're the same size as her bust.
- Hotter and Sexier: Anything she animates will have greater emphasis on the busts and waists of the female characters. Justified by the fact that she primarily makes "sexy" videos.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: It's teal-colored.
- Youthful Freckles: She has these on her face.
- Amazing Technicolor Wildlife: She's a blue bear
- Meaningful Name: Her name and what she's called allude to the constellation "Ursa Major"
- Only Known by Their Nickname: In the True Stories, she's called "Ursa"
- Those Two Guys: In the some the true stories, she's seen with HoneyBits
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: When she's shown as a bear, she has blue fur. Averted in her human avatar, where her hair is a brownish 
- Cute Monster Girl: If her appearance in the True Stories are an indication.
- Megane: Though his glasses are a little hard to see in some shots
M Kyle M