Crooklyn is 1994 film by Spike Lee, which takes place during 1973 in Bedford-Stuyvesant. The primary characters are Troy and her family. Over the film's course, Troy learns life lessons through her four rowdy brothers, mother, and father, along with many others.Also another film where Spike Lee acts
Tropes for Crooklyn:
- A-Cup Angst: Troy has a mild case of this.
- The Bully: Peanut
- Dreadful Musician: Tommy La-La
- Gratuitous Spanish: Briefly, with Minnie and the bodega owner
- Ill Girl: Carolyn and she later dies
- Ironic Name: Peanut is noted to be a big girl and she is
- Mr Muffykins: Aunt Song's dog Queenie
- Outnumbered Sibling: Troy is the only girl child
- The '70s: Takes place mostly in the summer of 1973.
- The Stoner: Snuffy and Right Hand, who are often seen huffing glue.
- Tomboyish Name: Troy's. Somewhat fitting as she is a tomboy.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: Troy's friend Minnie isn't seen at the end and neither is Tommy La-La