Referenced By: Harry Potter
- Alan Moore really, really hates Harry Potter. His Top 10 spin-off fantasy mini-series Smax features a field trip from a wizard school being horribly killed by a dragon because of their teacher's recklessness (a reference to common fan criticisms of Hogwarts staff's casual attitude to dangerous creatures). The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: Century turns into an incredibly vitriolic denunciation of Potter as artistically and politically reactionary, with Harry massacring the entire rest of the Potter cast, turning out to be literally The Antichrist, and finally getting killed by Mary Poppins.
Live Action TV
- The Big Bang Theory: In one episode Leonard reads the last book, and Sheldon and even Penny spoil several plot points for him.
- In the Doctor Who episode "The Shakespeare Code" the Doctor mentions having cried reading the last book. The episode aired before Deathly Hallows was published.
- Jane Eyre from The Autobiography of Jane Eyre owns several copies of Harry Potter. One is a complete set and she also has several separate books.
- The Simpsons:
- When the Simpsons travel to Britain, Lisa meets Ms Rowling and compliments her on bringing the whole generation of children to reading.
- A launch of new Angelica Button book (its final installment) is a clear reference and parody of the Harry Potter craze, complete with arguments whether the costumes refer to the book or the film.
- In another episode, Ned Flanders reads a book to Rod and Todd and says that Harry and his friends "went straight to Hell for practicing witchcraft" before throwing the book in the fireplace.