Funny: Harry Potter
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- Click here to view non-canon work.
open/close all folders
- If you're French or know about a certain brand of cheese◊, you will never be able to take Griffindoor's emblem seriously.
- Fred and George Weasley. Seriously, the pair of them are a walking Crowning Moment of Funny.
- Ginny and Ron, being Weasleys, also get their share, but not nearly as many.
- Any of Dumbledore's extremely eccentric but awesome ramblings, e.g.
Harry [to Hagrid]: You don't think anything that Skeeter cow—sorry, Professor—Dumbledore: I have gone temporarily deaf and haven't any idea what you said.Harry: Errr... right.Fred: YOU'RE JOKING!Dumbledore: I am not joking, Mr. Weasley. Though now that you mention it, I did hear an excellent one over the summer about a troll, a hag, and a leprechaun who all go into a bar- (McGonagall clears her throat loudly)Dumbledore: It's lucky it's dark. I haven't blushed so much since Madam Pomfrey told me she liked my new earmuffs.
- At one point, Professor McGonagall slips on a wet floor (Peeves' work) and catches the nearest thing for balance, which happens to be Hermione's neck.
- Alan Rickman as Severus Snape happens to resemble Italian singer Renato Zero◊. Cue Italian fans making videos where Snape sings Renato Zero's songs.
- Any time a character impersonates another via Polyjuice Potion (with the exception of Crouch Jr.) is made of hilarity. From the Crabbe and Goyle switch way back in Chamber of Secrets ("What are those?" "...Reading glasses." "I didn't know you could read."), to the Seven Potters, to the trio taking on ministry forms, especially Runcorn-Harry trudging awkwardly about in his leather coat, to Bellatrix-Hermione looking nervous and polite while trying to act haughty and cruel.
- Ron's scared face in the first couple of movies is nothing short of hilarious.
- When Uncle Vernon is wrestling with Harry in the sea of letters and yelling about 'going far away where they can't find us', Dudley asks "Daddy's gone mad, hasn't he?" Petunia's only reply is a facial expression that just screams, 'Well, when you put it like that...'
- When Hagrid knocks the door off its hinges in PS/SS: "Sorry 'bout that!"
- When Hagrid accidentally tells them loads of information about the Stone. "I shouldn'ta told you that! I should not have told you that!"
- "Troll in the dungeon!" scene. Especially the terror-stricken look on Malfoy's face.
- The scene where Malfoy catches The Trio and Hagrid with a dragon. While its obvious the Trio are pissed off that Malfoy told on them, the look on Harry's face changes from angry to a Slasher Smile the second McGonagall says that Malfoy gets detention for the misdemeanor of being out at night with them.
- During detention, Harry and Draco come across Voldemort drinking unicorn blood. Draco flees. The moment's supposed to be tense as Voldemort starts to advance toward Harry, but in the background you can clearly see Draco running and screaming.
...and the Chamber of Secrets
- From the Chamber of Secrets film, while Harry and Ron are chasing the train. They're looking for it and are flying right on the tracks, when they hear the train's horn blowing. They can't see it in front of them and it's getting louder. Hedwig is the first one to look back, and when she sees the train is right behind them, her eyes widen. That entire scene is funny, right from the moment Harry and Ron slowly realize they aren't gaining on the train. And right after Hedwig reacts, it's the boys' turns. Their reaction? They SCREAM. And it lasts for a good 10 seconds!
- Funniest line in the Harry Potter movies which wasn't in the books: After Harry and Ron are sent into the Forbidden Forest to "follow the spiders", Ron, who has a previously established fear of spiders, quips "Why spiders? Why couldn't it be 'follow the butterflies'?" Made even funnier by the director taking advantage of Rupert Grint's voice change hitting mid-movie. Yeah, that voice-cracking wasn't completely intentional.
- Kenneth Branagh as Gilderoy Lockhart is priceless any time he is on screen, especially after he loses his memory. "THIS IS JUST LIKE MAGIC!!"
- Pesky-pixie pester-no-me!
- The Mandrake scene from Chamber of Secrets is hilarious. After they get their first good look at a mandrake, the shock of it causes Neville to pass out, leading to this exchange:
Professor Sprout: Longbottom's been neglecting his earmuffs!
Seamus: No ma'am, he's just fainted.
Professor Sprout: Yes, well. [offhandedly] Just leave him there!
- "What exactly is the function of a rubber duck?"
- Out of universe, the reason that Lucius Malfoy was going to murder Harry for releasing Dobby from his servitude? The scriptwriters never specified a spell, and the Killing Curse was the first one that came to Jason Isaacs' mind.
...and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- In a Call Back to Chamber of Secrets, we have the scene in Prisoner of Azkaban, where Ron is having a nightmare:
Ron: "Spiders, Harry! They want me to tap dance. And I don't want to tap dance!"Harry: "You tell those spiders, Ron."
- And immediately afterward, muttering that he'll tell those spiders, he lays back down. As soon as his head touches his pillow, he's snoring again
- In the Shrieking Shack:
Sirius: Pettigrew's alive! And he's right there! *points at Ron who's holding Scabbers/PettigrewRon: Me? He's mental!Sirius: Not you! Your rat!
- The UST between Hermione and Ron in Prisoner of Azkaban. The first is during the lecture where Buckbeak is introduced and Hermione, in a panic, grabs Ron's hand. He proceeds to give her this amazed look, and she shoots him a glance that says "Don't you say a word". The second is when they're visiting the Shrieking Shack, and Hermione asks if he wants to get closer. After a short uncomfortable pause, she specifies that she meant closer to the shack.
Mike: "Hermione casts the 'give Ron a boner' spell."
- The first one gets a Lampshade by the RiffTrax:
- When Hagrid asks who wants to ride Buckbeak, everyone backs off a step making it look like Harry has just volunteered.
- Neville just drops to the ground as Hagrid asks for volunteers.
- The coda to the floating aunt episode. As Harry stalks off, Aunt Marge is visible bobbing and floating off into the distance. Brief, no dialogue, just some distant sound-effects, and for my money, it's one of the funniest moments in the films.
- Pretty much all of Harry's confusion at going back in time, since Hermione takes her sweet time telling him in the movie, but the best part being right after he sees his past self for the first time.
Harry (two seconds away from freaking out): "This is not normal."
Hermione: Is that really what my hair looks like from the back?
- Also some of Harry and Hermione's lines while watching themselves, especially this:
- Dumbledore can make a simple "good night" funny.
Dumbledore: Well?Harry: He's free. We did it.Dumbledore: Did what? Good night.
- Professor Trelawney: "In this room you will find if you possess... the SIGHT!" (bumps into table)
- "Turn to page Three Hundred and Ninety-four."
- Hagrid asks for Harry to ride Buckbeak, picks him up, and put him on there. The resulting response from Harry is priceless.
Hagrid: [about Buckbeak] I think he may let you ride him now.Harry: What?Hagrid: [picking him up and placing him on Buckbeak's back] Come on, right behind the wing joint.Harry: Hey! Hey hey hey hey hey! Hagrid!
- After Harry blows up Aunt Marge and she flies away, Petunia can be seen slowly waving goodbye.
- The Knight Bus scene, especially Stan Shunpike's introduction.
Stan: [sees Harry on the ground] What you doin' down there?Harry: I fell over.Stan: Whatcha fell ova for?Harry: I didn't do it on purpose!
- Harry attacking Malfoy, Goyle, and Crabbe while invisible after they call Hermione a Mudblood. This includes throwing snowballs at them, causing Goyle's pants to fall down, and dragging Malfoy across the snow by his feet, all the while hiding under the invisibility cloak. Then after they retreat, Harry, still invisible, plays with Ron's hat and Hermione's hair before finally revealing himself.
...and the Goblet of Fire
- Daniel Radcliffe's very good at being hilariously blunt. A good example is the final scene of Goblet Of Fire, where it's sinking in to Hermione that Voldemort is back.
Hermione (close to tears): "Everything's going to change, isn't it?"Harry: [Puts his hand on her shoulder, then says "Yeah" in a completely blunt, unsympathetic tone]
- Ron complaining about Krum: "Ruddy pumpkinhead!"
- "Hermione... you're a girl!" Probably funnier is Hermione's reaction: "Oh, well spotted."
- 'The Veritaserum scene.
Snape: Do you know what this is, Potter?Harry (wearing a hilariously smug expression): Bubble juice, sir?
- Snape lamenting that the Veritaserum's use on students is "regrettably forbidden."
- The studying scene, where Harry and Ron keep on getting caught talking by Snape and get their heads smacked by a book and forced down for their troubles. The uber-annoyed look Snape gives and the precise manner in which he pulled up his sleeves before shoving their heads down was the icing on the funny cake.
- Harry meets Rita Skeeter.
Harry: My eyes are not "glistening with the ghosts of my past"!
- When Myrtle gets in the tub with Harry.
- Neville gives Harry gillyweed for the Second Task, which takes place underwater. When he doesn't appear to surface after a few minutes, Neville turns around, grabbing the sides of his head in a panic, "Oh my God! I've killed Harry Potter!"
- This gem from Lucius Malfoy:
Weasley Twin: Blimey, Dad! How far up are we?
- Honorable Mention goes to the deleted scene in which the Hogwarts students sing their house song. Harry and Ron look embarrassed, Crabbe is really getting into it while Draco cringes behind him, and the students from the other schools look... uncomfortable. Oh, and did we mention that there are hand motions with the song?
- When Ginny is dragging Ron back into the common room, half in shock...
Ginny: He just asked Fleur Delacour out.Harry: What did she say?Hermione: No, of course.[Ron shakes his head]Hermione: She said yes!?Ron: There she was, walking... (dreamily) You know how I like it when they walk. And it just... slipped out.Ginny: Actually he sort of screamed at her. It was a bit frightening.
- The playful teasing that the rest of the group gives Ron as he's raving about Victor Krum, culminating in everyone breaking out into song.
Ron: He's more than an athlete, he's an artist.Ginny: I think you're in love, Ron.Ron: Shut up.Fred: Victor, I love you.George: Victor, I do.Fred, George, and Harry: When we're apart, my heart beats only for you!
- Harry, Fred, and George's reactions to seeing Ron being forced to dance with McGonagall.
Harry: [Leaning towards Fred and George] Oi.(Fred and George look at Harry)Harry: You're never gonna let him forget this, are you?Fred and George: Never.
- Another deleted scene, where Harry spies Karkaroff trying to talk to Snape - who ignores him in favor of turfing canoodling students out of the carriages, and docking points from their houses.
...and the Order of the Phoenix
- Crookshanks eating the Extendable Ear, and Fred and George's reaction: "Bloody cat!"
- Luna Lovegood. That is all.
- Mrs. Weasley after Fred and George suddenly Apparate and scare her: "Just because you're allowed to use magic does not mean you can whip your wands out for everything!"
- Umbridge interrogates Snape. After she leaves, he smacks Ron upside the head with a notebook while looking after her.
- In the Great Hall:
Hermione:"Do you ever stop eating?!"Ron: "What? I'm hungry."
...and the Half-Blood Prince
- In the Great Hall again:
Hermione: (hitting Ron repeatedly on the head with a newspaper) "Will! You! Stop! Eating!"
- Words cannot describe the hilarity of Harry telling Cormac McLaggen that the appetizer he just put in his mouth was dragon balls ("Dragon...balls?"). Which he promptly sicks up onto the shoes of Severus Snape. Who puts McLaggen in detention!
- McLaggen flirting with Hermoine. By licking his fingers.
- Harry coming back to the feast after being sneak attacked by Malfoy.
- McGonagall's exasperated "Why is it always you three?" upon discovering Harry, Ron, and Hermione are caught up in the crisis du jour yet again. And Ron's reply, for that matter.
McGonagall: (to Harry, Ron, and Hermione) Why is it that, whenever anything happens, it's always you three?Ron: I've been wondering that myself for six years, Professor.
- Luna Lovegood appearing at the Gryffindor table dressed in a lion costume. For that matter, Luna's party dress. Which also manages to be stunning in its own, Luna way.
- Price negotiations with Fred and George.
Ron: How much are these?
Fred and George: Five galleons.
Ron: How much for me?
Fred and George: Five galleons.
Ron: I'm your brother.
Fred and George: Ten galleons.
- Also, Fred and George each have different expressions when they say that last line, both funny.
- Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes shop features an animated doll of Umbridge skating across a tightrope, squealing "I will have order! I will have order!"
- Ron staring at the moon when he is under Romilda Vane's love charm.
Ron: It's beautiful, isn't it? The moon.Harry: Divine. Had ourselves a little late night snack, did we?Ron: It was on your bed, the box, I just thought I'd try one.Harry: Or twenty.Ron: I can't stop thinking about her, Harry.Harry: Honestly, you know, I reckon she was starting to annoy you.Ron: She could never annoy me. I think I love her.Harry: Oh... brilliant.Ron: Do you think she knows I exist?Harry: Well, I'd bloody well hope so, she's been snogging you for three months.Ron: Snogging? Who are you talking about?Harry: Who are you talking about?Ron: Romilda, of course. Romilda Vane.Harry: Okay, very funny.Ron: (throws the chocolates box at Harry)Harry: What was that for?Ron: It's no joke! I'm in love with her!Harry: Alright, fine, you're in love with her! Have you ever actually met her?Ron: No... Can you introduce me?
- The Quidditch tryouts. Specifically, the comparison between Ron and McLaggen handling their...broomsticks.
- Ginny acting as Harry's 2nd in command.
Ginny: Shut It!
- This exchange:
Hermione: She only likes you because she thinks you're The Chosen One!Harry: But I am The Chosen One!
- Snape's "How disappointing." Especially the following exchange from Half-Blood Prince:
Snape: Not... so quick, Potter.Harry: Oh sir I really think I should get back to the party. My date...Snape: ...could surely survive your absence another minute or two.
- The bit where Snape tells Harry that Dumbledore has had to go, and when Harry asks where, Snape just looks at him for a moment and walks off. Perfect comedic timing.
- In Half-Blood Prince, when Ginny's trying to figure out when Harry arrived.
Hermione: Did someone mention Harry? Is he here?Ginny: Apparently he's wandering the house.
- This little gem that appeals to the juvenile in all of us:
Why are you worried about You-Know-Who?You should be worried about U No Poo!The constipation sensation that's gripping the nation!
- The scene where Ron is in the hospital wing after being poisoned, and his annoying girlfriend Lavender comes in worried and asking "Where's my Won-Won?" She and Hermione get into a fight over him, where Hermione calls her a "daft dimbo"! What makes this even funnier is that it's happening in front of the teachers—Dumbledore, McGonagall, Slughorn, and Snape. Then Ron calls out Hermione's name in his sleep, and Lavender runs off crying; Dumbledore quips "Oh, to be young and to feel love's keen sting!" While McGonagall and Snape keep their cool after Lavender storms off, Dumbledore is the only one who turns to look at her. Snape just stares straight ahead during that scene. It also becomes a little funny and sad once you realize that he should know how Lavender feels...
Hermione: I was asking the same question!Lavender: I happen to be his girlfriend!Hermione: I happen to be his... friend!Lavender: Don't give me that! You haven't spoken in weeks! It's nice to make up with him now that he's suddenly all interesting!Hermione: He's been poisoned, you daft dimbo! And for the record, I've always found him interesting!Ron: *groans*Lavender: Ha! See? He senses my presence! Don't worry, Won-Won! I'm here... I'm here!Ron: ...Hermusseh... Er-my-nee... Her...mione... Hermione... Hermione...Lavender: *runs off crying*
- What really settles it is the dialogue! No, seriously, it's bloody hilarious:
- The entire Felix Felicis scenario is comic gold. Harry, with his uncharacteristically peppy attitude, steals the entire scene (especially when he wiggles his fingers to act out spiders' pincers). He's acting like he's high.
(after Harry has told Slughorn about leaving the castle)Slughorn: Harry!Harry: (In similar annoyed tone) Sir!
- Dan's line reading of "Personally these plants always kind of freak me out. Hmm." What's great is that it's such a subtle, out-of-the-blue performance. Harry's under a potion that brings him luck so he could pry the secrets of the Horcruxes out of the professor, and a side effect is that he acts overly cheerful and delirious, and acts like he doesn't know what's going on!
- The whole bit with Slughorn sneakily cutting a leaf from a plant in the greenhouse when Harry walking into frame in the background, turning and seeing him and getting right next to him without saying anything and Slughorn getting the crap scared out of him when he turns his head!
- When Harry and Dumbledore are about to leave for the cave:
Harry: But sir, I thought you couldn't Apparate in Hogwarts.Dumbledore: Well, being me definitely has its advantages.
- Ginny and Harry share their first kiss inside the Room of Requirement. Aww. Immediately cut to...
Ron: Did you and Ginny do it, then?
...and the Deathly Hallows, Part 1
- Harry is still at the Burrow and instigates some snogging with Ginny, and who walks in to get a cup of tea but George. He sits back and watches the show, and soon enough, both of them know he's there. Cue deadpan stare from George with knowing grin just sipping his tea, telling the two, "Morning." The theater erupted in laughter. The scene is made all the funnier due to George going through the whole thing with a toothbrush sticking out of the side of his head. Check out his rapid-fire tip-toeing too.
- Maybe he wanted to lend them an ear, if you know what I mean.
- In my opinion, it's even more hilarious that Harry's still scared of what George might do to him, even though George is being good-natured about the whole thing. Notice how Harry never completely turns his back to George, and when he finally does, he runs like hell?
- Dobby gets one in the film as part of his Crowning Moment of Awesome.
Bellatrix: You could have killed me!Dobby: Dobby never meant to ''kill'' anyone. Only to maim... or seriously injure.
- When the Carrows come to search the Hogwarts Express for Harry, an incensed Cormac McLaggen piping up "My father will hear about this!" Plus the way they just shove him out of their way.
- Harry tries his new wand. It's the perfect comedic timing of every line that does it.
Hermione: (off-screen) What's going on in there?Harry and Ron: NOTHING!
- Most of the scenes with Hermione after Ron returns. Seriously, the entire theater was nearly in tears during a few parts.
Hermione: (Advancing on Harry) Harry, WHERE IS MY WAND?!Harry: (Quickly backing away) I don't know!
- What makes that moment even funnier is that when she yells at him, Harry looks like he's about to climb the tree he's pressed against.
- What made this scene for me was the Blatant Lie as Harry claims he doesn't know where the wand is as he tugs his sweater down to hide that it's in his pocket.
- Not to mention the fact that Hermione is so ragingly upset at Ron that she throws leaves at him in a completely anticlimactic and hilarious fashion.
- Harry: "You're not still mad at him, are you?"
Hermione: "I'm always mad at him."
- Daniel Radcliffe. In a bra. That is all.
- Like a friend said:
"It's like a peek to the future when he can't get any role but that."
- Or Fleur Delacour talking though said bra'd Radcliffe.
"Bill, look away. I'm hideous."
Daniel: Bill, look away. I'm hideous. (Beat) Bra's not coming off!
- How about the Hilarious Outtakes of that scene?
- What's even funnier is the interview with Domhnall Gleeson (Bill) who explains the Seven Potters scene when Dan is pretending to be Clemonce pretending to be Fleur pretending to be Harry and has to take off the bra he is wearing: "Let me tell you, Dan had trouble opening a bra. No, hang on! Cut that!" then quickly adds, "That's only because it was taking it off him[self]."
- Like a friend said:
- This little gem:
Mad-Eye: Now, for those of you who have never tried Polyjuice Potion, it tastes roughly like goblin piss.Fred: You'd know all about that, wouldn't you, Mad-Eye? [awkward silence] Just trying to relieve the tension.
- The look on Fred's face and his tone of voice just makes it funnier.
- —>Fred and George: (looking like Harry) Hey! We're identical!
- Mad-Eye (about Harry): "Yeah, he's absolutely gorgeous. Now what's say we get him undercover before someone murders him!"
- Harry's little jump of joy after Hermoine said they should go to Godric's Hollow.
- Mrs. Cattermole kissing Ron, who's Polyjuiced as her husband. Also Hermione's "WTF?" reaction, Ron turning back to his original form while their lips are locked, and her real husband showing up in his underwear!
- "Mary, who's that!" "Long story! Nice meeting you!" [runs away]
- "This'll be a fun story to tell the kids!"
- After Yaxley reveals to Polyjuiced Ron that Mrs. Cattermole is being interrogated, we get this:
Ron: Oh my God! What am I going to do!? My wife's all alone downstairs!Harry: ...Ron, you don't have a wife.Ron: Oh. Right.
- Hilarious in Hindsight, since Ron's eventual wife, Hermione (and everyone who's completed the corresponding book knows this already), is indeed downstairs, disguised as Mafalda Hopkirk.
- Yaxley: "It's still raining in my office!"
Ron: "Have you tried an umbrella?"
- The deleted version of that second scene, where Arthur Weasley and one of his coworkers get in the elevator with Ron and Harry.
Witch: Don't tell me, it's raining in Yaxley's office again?Arthur: Did you tell him to try an umbrella?
- After finally destroying the evil Horcrux that nearly killed them: Ron: "Just think. Only three more to go!"
- After Ron returns, his "Hey!" and Hermione's reaction to it is priceless.
- Fred (or George) about Polyjuicing into Harry: "Suppose something went wrong and we wound up a scrawny, specky git forever!
- Runcorn-Harry's expression when Umbridge says "Albert, aren't you getting off?" and the ridiculous way he walks off the elevator. And the ridiculous way he walks out of Umbridge's office.
- "What's wrong with his face?"
- Scabior to Harry: "What happened to you, ugly?" [Beat.] (to Greyback) "No, not you."
- Hermione screaming "Take it off! Take it off now!" to Harry.
- Ron giving Harry a new wand. "It's ten inches. Nothing special, but it does the job."
- Kreacher and Dobby dragging Mundungus in. And Dobby pushing Kreacher out of the way every time he tried to talk. And Kreacher jabbing Mundungus with a fork.
- Voldy's line: "Severus, I was beginning to worry you'd lost your way. We've saved you a seat" just cracks me up, because you can just hear by the tone that what he's really saying is "show up late again and I'll Crucio your ass into next week!"
- Voldemort's response to Thicknesse after the latter is suitably vague in whether he believes Yaxley's report or Snapes's on Harry's imminent escape from his house: "Spoken like a true politician." Voldy is surprisingly humorous, particularly considering the murder of Charity Burbage at the end of the scene.
- When Voldemort learns of the plan to move Harry, Bellatrix starts fidgeting in her seat raising her hand to volunteer, like Hermione trying to get a teacher's attention...
- Voldemort requesting Lucius's wand.
Voldemort: "What about you, Lucius?"Lucius: [practically whimpering] "M-my lord?"Voldemort: [mockingly] "My Lord~"
- After Bellatrix volunteers to kill Harry:
[Screams are heard somewhere in the manor]Wormtail: Yes, m-my Lord. Right away, my Lord!
- The contemptuous way Voldemort snaps off the silver handle from Lucius' wand.
- Later, during the scene in Malfoy Manor when Harry and Ron go to rescue Hermione and the fight breaks out, Lucius draws his wand-cane—and then stares at the wandless handle for a second before he gets stunned.
- "Are you saying you can apparate in and out of this room?" (like it's completely obvious) "Well of course. Er—I'm an elf."
- "Sir? Oh, I like her very much!"
- After knocking out Pettigrew: "Who gets his wand?"
- Ron miming antlers in the locket scene.
- Ron trying to get out of the doghouse with Hermione by calling a vote for her idea to go to see Xenophilius Lovegood and being the only one with his hand up.
- Xenophilius at the wedding, from his whole hippie look to the way he dances and spins around like a true space case. Absolutely perfect for Luna's father.
- As Hermione gives Harry's hair a trim:
Hermione: (coming to a realization) Oh my God!
Harry: (reaching up to the back of his head, eyes widening) What?
- The not-a-Take That Take That at Twilight.
- Hermione is about to read aloud the Tale of Beedle the Bard, when Ron awkwardly interjects before she starts. As the camera pans out of the Lovegood house and into the animated sequence following a floating feather, we get Ron and Hermoine's lines off-screen, making them sound like an old married couple:
Hermoine: ... do you want to read it?Ron: N-no... no.
...and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2
- Voldemort's INCREDIBLY awkward attempt at hugging Draco following what he believes is his final victory. He simply has no idea what he's doing. And Draco looks so terrified too. He looks ready to wet himself. Adding to the hilarity is the way Dean is smirking, clearly suppressing laughter.
- It was a different kind of hilarious. Some even said "Eww".
- There's even a Facebook page for it now: "That awkward moment when Voldemort hugs you."
- Bella was jealous because she never gets teh Voldy hugz.
- Let's not forget the extended version... All the reaction shots to Harry's death being piled up into one minute-long hug. With moaning. Lots of moaning.
- Neville taunting the onrushing Death Eater army after they hit the defensive barrier. And then his Oh Crap! reaction after the barrier is eventually neutralized.
- After Hermione drinks the Polyjuice Potion to look like Bellatrix:
Hermione: "How do I look?"Ron: "Hideous."
- Helena Bonham Carter's performance during that entire sequence is such a hilarious contrast to how she usually is in these movies.
- It gets even funnier when you go meta. Helena Bonham Carter worked with Emma Watson on those scenes, with Watson acting out the scene, and then Carter mimicking her. So, in essence, you have Helena Bonham Carter pretending to be Emma Watson pretending to be Helena Bonham Carter pretending to be Hermione pretending to be Bellatrix. Your head may now explode.
- When McGonagall starts getting the school into defense mode and she tells Neville he can go blow up the bridge:
Neville: You're actually giving us permission to do this?McGonagall: That is correct, Longbottom!Neville: To blow it up? Boom?McGonagall: Boom!
- And then immediately after that, Neville asks how they're going to blow it up:
McGonagall: Why don't you confer with Mr. Finnegan; as I recall, he has a particular proclivity for pyrotechnics.
- This entire exchange had the whole theater in stitches.
- The look of absolute glee on McGonagall's face after making the giant statues move. "I've always wanted to do that spell!"
- And then immediately after that, Neville asks how they're going to blow it up:
- Neville calmly regaining consciousness in slow motion while the battle rages on behind him, looking a little punch drunk, but otherwise pretty nonchalant. Not only is the Battle of Hogwarts raging on in the background, there is a guy flying through the air, in slow-motion, on fire, while Neville looks like he was getting up from a nap.
- Filch running in screaming "STUDENTS IN THE HALLS! STUDENTS OUT OF BEDS!!!" He bursts into the Great Hall, packed with students and teachers. Everyone just gives him a deadpan stare, which just screams "You idiot." He takes a step back from all the concentrated vehemence, complete with a little "...Oh."
McGonagall: They're supposed to be, you blithering idiot!
- In a wonderful Funny Background Event, after all the dust has settled, Filch can be seen trying to clean up the massive amount of rubble and debris that much of Hogwarts has been reduced to... with a push broom and an expression that seems to say "Welp.... better get started.
- Luna's OOC Is Serious Business moment in the final film ("Harry Potter, you listen to me RIGHT NOW!")
- Pansy Parkinson's hysterical "What are you waiting for? He's standing over there! Somebody grab him!" In the books the narration portrays her as a bitch, but in the movie she seems to be a random Slytherin girl, which makes it more funny.
- Early on, Ron and Hermione ask what the plan is. Harry basically replies, "I'm making this up as I go along. None of our plans work out anyway."
Harry: Since when have any of our plans actually worked? We plan, we get there, all hell breaks loose.
- Made even more hilarious when you consider that in the book, they literally spend months planning stuff and wandering about trying to figure out what to do, and when they do get around to doing something, everything goes to shit and loads of stuff starts to happen all at once.
- Harry has an important mission for the D.A.:
Harry: Okay, there's something we need to find, something hidden here in the castle, and it may help us defeat You-Know-Who.
Neville: Right, what is it?
Harry: We don't know.
Dean: Where is it?
Harry: We don't know that either. I realize that's not much to go on.
Seamus: That's nothing to go on.
- After The Trio get back to Hogwarts, Ginny breaks through the crowd in the Room of Requirement and Harry and Ginny just stare at each other
Ron: I just get back and she looks at me like I'm a franky first-yearSeamus: She's got plenty of those though. There's only one Harry.Ron: Shut up, Seamus.
- Ron chasing after the Terrible Trio in the Room of Requirement, yelling "THAT'S MY GIRLFRIEND, YOU NUMPTY!" after Goyle attempts to use Avada Kedavra against Hermione.
- Then a minute later a panicked Ron comes running back yelling "GOYLE SET THE BLOODY PLACE ON FIRE!", grabbing Hermione and leaving Harry!
- "NOT MY DAUGHTER YOU BITCH!"
- The moment where Voldemort announces "Harry Potter is DEAD!" and follows it with an absolutely ridiculous "HEEEH HEH HEH..." One of the funniest moments in DH Part 2, it's so awkwardly done, it's reached Memetic status. Four movies' worth of Voldemort's characterization completely fell flat on its face right there.
- This troper finds the fact that Snape sticks his thumbs out of his pockets hilarious.
- The ending of the PC version of "The Philosopher's Stone". It needs to be seen to be believed.
- In the PC version of Chamber of Secrets, when you get hit by Mimblewimble, it can be amusing when Harry yells the spell name incorrectly.
- In the Game Boy Color version of Chamber of Secrets, if you turn the language to Spanish, the first time you enter Ginny's bedroom, you'll walk in on her experimenting with ways to say "Mrs. Ginny Potter".
- Ron gets really over-excited about pointing out Bertie Bott's Beans when they appear in Goblet of Fire, to the point that Hermione expresses her annoyance at him for this.
Ron: "Oh look, a bean!"/"You know, I really love beans."Hermione: "Thank you for pointing out the obvious, Ronald."/"Will you stop going on about beans, Ron!"
- Several in The Half Blood Prince. Early on, we have Ron doing an impression of a fish under the influence of love potion.
"Hermione, blub blub, I love you, blub blub."
- Harry has just made a potion for Ginny's homework. There's a majestic score and Harry says they can now go to Hogsmeade together. Then Ginny says she's going with Dean Thomas. Cue Record Scratch.
- When confronting Crabbe and Goyle,
Crabbe or Goyle: "What do you want, Potter"Harry: "A moron-free view? Oh, too late!"
- When Harry is under the influence of Felix Felicis, we get treated to an upbeat jazz version of Hedwig's Theme, making it even more awesome. And the way he just strides around in that overly cocky way.
Pottermore (warning, spoilers for Book 7)
- During the 2014 Quidditch World Cup Final, while Ginny is reporting on every action in the game, Rita Skeeter merely chooses to report on every action of Harry Potter's family and friends in the VIP box. This leads to a Boke and Tsukkomi Routine of sorts with Rita playing the boke by constantly reporting facts wrong about Potter's family and Ginny playing the tsukkomi by constantly correcting her.
Rita Skeeter: [regarding Harry's son Albus supporting Brazil instead of Bulgaria like his father] Are we witnessing a very public, very ugly display of father-son rivalry? My colleague Ginny Potter... informs me that Albus is a great fan of Brazilian Chaser Gonçalo Flores.
- This ends with a priceless conclusion:
Rita Skeeter: … young Albus is applauding, doubtless at the prompting of his publicity hungry father- my colleague, Ginny Potter, is approaching me, no doubt with another tedious correc-Ginny: Rita Skeeter has been taken unaccountably ill with what some are calling a jinx to the solar plexus.
- This ends with a priceless conclusion:
- We get some details on Luna and Rolf's wedding at one point. Luna's insanely colorful and gaudy wedding dress (voted "Ugliest Outfit of the Year", apparently) and Rolf's shocked reaction to it were surely a sight to behold.
- As unfunny as everything about Umbridge is, there is a sort of humor to the fact that her mom was a Muggle, and her dad was what amounts to a magical janitor just for the sheer fact that it rankled her so.
- Professor Trelawney's brief marriage ended because she refused to take the last name of "Higglebottom".