open/close all folders
- Jack Chick frequently has his character say this literally, but sometimes has them do it figuratively for exceptionally degenerate and dangerous places. Naturally, said places end up getting turned around completely thanks to one person with a Chick Tract talking to and converting the right people.
- Shortly before Batman: No Man's Land, there's a short storyline where the inmates of Arkham take over the place under The Joker's leadership; when Batman investigates (on the last two pages of the first part), he finds his whole Rogues Gallery there to meet him. "Welcome to Hell," says the Joker.
Films — Animation
- Ratatouille: "Welcome to hell. Now recreate the soup."
Films — Live-Action
- Edge of Darkness (2010)
Thomas Craven: Welcome to Hell!
Manson: Where are you from?
Murphy: Metro South.
Manson: Welcome to hell.
- Sydney White
Rachel Witchburn: Welcome to Hell, skanks!
- Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
Arthur: [greeting a returning Freddy] Welcome to Hell.
- Quid Pro Quo
Isaac: Welcome to hell. I'll introduce you to the staff.
Pinhead: "Welcome... to Hell."
Pinhead: Welcome. Welcome to Hell.
- And again in Hellraiser: Hellworld
- Robin Hood (1991) TV movie
Friar Tuck: Welcome to hell!
- Men of War (not the RTS game)
Nick: [to Keefer] Welcome to Hell.
- Control Factor
Lance Bishop: ...your little secret, that the devil doesn't exist any more. Because you and your people have taken his place. Here's my little secret. Welcome to hell...
- Glory Glory
Ellie: [returning to Silver Creek where they were raped] Welcome home, Widow, welcome to hell.
Pratham: Welcome to Hell.
- Inherit the Wind: E. K. Hornbeck, to Henry Drummond: "Hello, Devil. Welcome to Hell."
- Diamonds Are Forever: "Welcome to Hell, Blofeld."
- Nothing To Lose: "Welcome to hell, biiiiatch."
- Paint Your Wagon: "Welcome to hell, Parson!"
- The Rookie: "Well, welcome to Hell!"
- Little Miss Sunshine:
Dwayne: [on notepad] Welcome to hell.
Frank: Thanks, Dwayne. Coming from you, that means a lot.
- Hombre Mirando Al Sudeste: Thought by Dr. Denis at the beginning of the movie.
- A variant in Aliens: "We're on an express elevator to Hell, going down!"
- The horror anthology Tales from the Hood ends with the host revealing himself as Satan and triumphantly welcoming the street gang he's been talking to with this phrase, as only a true Large Ham can.
- He Died with a Felafel in His Hand, from the Sydney-based chapter "Hell is Other People..."
Danny: Welcome to hell.
Sam: At least it's warm.
- Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers - The comatose Myers is about to be transferred, much to the relief of the staff at his hospital.
Cop: Yeah, I'll be glad to see this one gone. Yes, indeedy. Welcome to hell.
- From Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey:
Colonel Oats: GENTLEMEEENNN! Welcome to Hell.
- During the climactic fight scene in the industrial sections of the prison in Death Warrant, the psycho killer the Sandman is trouncing Burke in front of the spectating prisoners. He then opens one of the furnaces, and proudly declares "Welcome to HELL!"
- ER episode "Doctor Carter, I Presume"
Dr. Melvoin: [to a fresh group of interns] You are wedges. The wedge is the most primitive tool known to man. That is you. You think you know what you're doing, believe me, you don't. Breakfast with your Senior Surgical Resident Dr. Benton will begin in 15 minutes. Dr. Benton is an intern's worst nightmare. He's smarter than you, he never eats, he never sleeps and he reads every medical journal no matter how obscure. He is the Antichrist. Beelzebub. Lucifer. A devourer of wedges. You will go to sleep at night wishing plague and pestilence on his unborn children and you will wake up every morning praying for his approval. You won't get it. Welcome to hell, ladies and gentlemen.
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine episode "Hard Time"
Ee'char: My name is Ee'char.
Chief Miles Edward O'Brien: Miles. Miles O'Brien.
Ee'char: Hello, Miles. Welcome to hell.
- Vecinos pilot episode
Alejandra: Welcome to the Hell-Mouth. This, our new home!
- Saturday Night Live
David Spade: Macaulay Culkin. [snip] Let me tell you something kid, you're cute, you got blond hair, everyone loves you, it's true. Here's the catch: I used to look exactly like you when I was 10. Oh yeah. This is where you're headed, buddy, welcome to hell!
- In Scrubs, Turk does this to some visiting interns. JD also compares Dr. Kelso to the devil (calling him a Devil in Plain Sight when he gives his "I want you to think of me as your safety net" speech to them as he did in the pilot).
- The writing on the door of the Sanctuary Base in the episode "The Impossible Planet" in Doctor Who. What really gets the Doctor's attention is the writing underneath, which is so old not even the TARDIS can translate it.
- The title character of Angel says this to the villain in the episode Hellbound after trapping him, immortal and paralyzed, in a tiny room (the irony being that the villain's motive was to avoid the more literal Hell, something he doesn't have to worry about anymore).
- In the Check It Out! with Dr. Steve Brule episode "Church," Dr. Brule suggests that Satan is known to say "Welcome to Hell, who gives a shit."
- Rowan Atkinson does a skit in which he is Satan and is welcoming the latest batch of souls to Hell. The opening line is "welcome to hell" (or close). He then proceeds to separate the souls into groups for their respective punishments.
- The reaction to the Pointy-Haired Boss in Dilbert when he cracks down on employees taking 40% of their sick time on Monday and Friday.
Asok: HA HA HA! THAT'S A GOOD ONE!...please tell me he was kidding.
Wally: Welcome to Hell, kid.
- A panel of The Far Side used this phrase by an old cowboy, reminding the young cowpoke who just beat him in a duel that from now on, he'll know no rest from every cocky young punk looking to prove himself. Since this is The Far Side, the duel in question was a game of Ping-Pong.
Vladimir Zakarov: He tells me you're here for Billie and Teko.
Inspector 'Tequila' Yuen: That's right.
Vladimir Zakarov: And that you'd walk through hell to get them. Is that right too?
Vladimir Zakarov: Welcome to hell.
- In this case, is a penthouse full of heavily armed mooks and lasers everywhere (and if you touch the latter, BOOM — you're dead) where your usual tactics of bullet time and diving around will get you very, very dead in short order.
- Appears on a sign at the start of the Bonus Dungeon in Cave Story. And the level actually looks like Hell, complete with evil angels.
- Hell Temple in La-Mulana has a welcoming tablet, which reminds the player: "This is Hell Temple. Hell Temple is hell!"
- The Penguin says this word for word when Batman enters Arkham City in Batman: Arkham City.
- In Monster Party, The Grim Reaper says "Welcome! Entrance to Hell."
- Modern Warfare 3 has Makarov declare to Captain Price that "hell awaits you" as the first sign that the assassination mission on him has gone horribly wrong, especially as he wasn't even supposed to know that Price and the player's team were there. It's also a clever Call Back to the second game, where Price had told him See You in Hell.
- In Devil May Cry 3, Jester says this straight away.
- Dungeon Crawl: "Welcome to Hell! Please enjoy your stay."
- In Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell, this is how Dane Vogel greets Johnny Gat and Kinzie when they meet. Considering what happened to Dane in Saints Row 2, he means it quite literally...
- Spec Ops: The Line: The first time you hear the words "Gentlemen, welcome to Dubai" is not really an example of this trope. But come that worst ending... this is how Walker greets the US forces sent to rescue him. After killing them all.
- Early in Concerned: The half-life and death of Gordon Frohman, Dr. Breen has a Is This Thing Still On? moment that includes this phrase.
- In Girl Genius, after Agatha enters the castle.
- Used in Shades Of Gray to welcome Grace/Gray to actual Hell.
- From Erfworld: "You are in what may be the worst, most Titans-forsaken place in all of Erfworld. This is the Olive Garden."
- Home Movies: In the Camp episode, which was... uh, hell for the kids. Welcome to hellllll, yer gonna burn in there...
- Discussed in the Venture Brothers episode "Hate Floats":
Phantom Limb: Oh yes, apart from ‘Behold-the-Giant-Walking-Death-Ray’ speech, the ‘Welcome-To-Hell’ speech is my favorite.
- Family Guy - After some kids spray-paint Brian pink...
Stewie: Hey, here's someone who might understand how you feel!Pink Panther: Hey, how ya doing. First day being pink?Brian: Yeah.Panther: Welcome to hell. (Walks off as his classic music sting plays)
- In the Rocko's Modern Life episode "To Heck and Back," Heffer dies and goes to Heck after choking on a chicken bone, and is greeted by a sign reading "Welcome to Heck, a friendly neighborhood".
- Subverted in The Simpsons episode where Bart and Lisa attend military school, with "Gentlemen, welcome to Flavor Country."
- Welcome to fucking Boatmurdered! Hope you like miasma!