A stock phrase used when one character welcomes another (whether as a threat, sarcastically, or otherwise) to some kind of bad situation. For example, a cop welcoming the new guy to the precinct (a la Robocop
) or a villain threatening the hero (sometimes with a literal
Often used to describe That One Level
. Compare See You in Hell
open/close all folders
- Edge of Darkness (2010)
Thomas Craven: Welcome to Hell!
Manson: Where are you from?
Murphy: Metro South.
Manson: Welcome to hell.
- Sydney White
Rachel Witchburn: Welcome to Hell, skanks!
- Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
Arthur: [greeting a returning Freddy] Welcome to Hell.
- Quid Pro Quo
Isaac: Welcome to hell. I'll introduce you to the staff.
- Hellraiser Inferno:
Pinhead: "Welcome... to Hell."
- And again in Hellraiser: Hellworld
Pinhead: Welcome. Welcome to Hell.
- Robin Hood (1991) TV movie
Friar Tuck: Welcome to hell!
- Men of War (not the RTS game)
Nick: [to Keefer] Welcome to Hell.
- Control Factor
Lance Bishop: ...your little secret, that the devil doesn't exist any more. Because you and your people have taken his place. Here's my little secret. Welcome to hell...
- Glory Glory
Ellie: [returning to Silver Creek where they were raped] Welcome home, Widow, welcome to hell.
Pratham: Welcome to Hell.
- Inherit the Wind: E. K. Hornbeck, to Henry Drummond: "Hello, Devil. Welcome to Hell."
- Diamonds Are Forever: "Welcome to Hell, Blofeld."
- Nothing To Lose: "Welcome to hell, biiiiatch."
- Paint Your Wagon: "Welcome to hell, Parson!"
- The Rookie: "Well, welcome to Hell!"
- Little Miss Sunshine: (Written) "Welcome to Hell."
- Hombre Mirando Al Sudeste: Thought by Dr. Denis at the beginning of the movie.
- Ratatouille: "Welcome to hell. Now recreate the soup."
- A variant in Aliens: "We're on an express elevator to Hell, going down!"
- The horror anthology Tales from the Hood ends with the host revealing himself as Satan and triumphantly welcoming the street gang he's been talking to with this phrase, as only a true Large Ham can.
- He Died With a Felafel in His Hand, from the Sydney-based chapter "Hell is Other People..."
Danny: Welcome to hell.
Sam: At least it's warm.
- Halloween 4 The Return Of Michael Myers - The comatose Myers is about to be transferred, much to the relief of the staff at his hospital.
Cop: Yeah, I'll be glad to see this one gone. Yes, indeedy. Welcome to hell.
- From Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey:
Colonel Oats: GENTLEMEEENNN! Welcome to Hell.
Live Action TV
- ER episode "Doctor Carter, I Presume"
Dr. Melvoin: [to a fresh group of interns] You are wedges. The wedge is the most primitive tool known to man. That is you. You think you know what you're doing, believe me, you don't. Breakfast with your Senior Surgical Resident Dr. Benton will begin in 15 minutes. Dr. Benton is an intern's worst nightmare. He's smarter than you, he never eats, he never sleeps and he reads every medical journal no matter how obscure. He is the Antichrist. Beelzebub. Lucifer. A devourer of wedges. You will go to sleep at night wishing plague and pestilence on his unborn children and you will wake up every morning praying for his approval. You won't get it. Welcome to hell, ladies and gentlemen.
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine episode "Hard Time"
Ee'char: My name is Ee'char.
Chief Miles Edward O'Brien: Miles. Miles O'Brien.
Ee'char: Hello, Miles. Welcome to hell.
- Vecinos pilot episode
Alejandra: Welcome to the Hell-Mouth. This, our new home!
- Saturday Night Live
David Spade: Macaulay Culkin. [snip] Let me tell you something kid, you're cute, you got blond hair, everyone loves you, it's true. Here's the catch: I used to look exactly like you when I was 10. Oh yeah. This is where you're headed, buddy, welcome to hell!
- In Scrubs, Turk does this to some visiting interns. JD also compares Dr. Kelso to the devil (calling him a Devil in Plain Sight when he gives his "I want you to think of me as your safety net" speech to them as he did in the pilot).
- The writing on the door of the Sanctuary Base in the episode "The Impossible Planet" in Doctor Who.
- The title character of Angel says this to the villain in the episode Hellbound after trapping him, immortal and paralyzed, in a tiny room (the irony being that the villain's motive was to avoid the more literal Hell, something he doesn't have to worry about anymore).
- Welcome to my Realm by Fireaxe. Interesting in that it is actually sung by the devil as he is literally welcoming people into Hell. And using the screams of the damned as backup vocals.
- The debut album and title track by Venom.
- Home Movies: In the Camp episode, which was... uh, hell for the kids. Welcome to hellllll, yer gonna burn in there...
- Discussed in the Venture Brothers episode "Hate Floats":
Phantom Limb: Oh yes, apart from ‘Behold-the-Giant-Walking-Death-Ray’ speech, the ‘Welcome-To-Hell’ speech is my favorite.
- Family Guy - After some kids spray-paint Brian pink...
Stewie: Hey, here's someone who might understand how you feel!
Pink Panther: Hey, how ya doing. First day being pink?
Panther: Welcome to hell. (Walks off as his class music sting plays)