open/close all folders
- Red Ears: One comic shows a montage of couples having sex around the globe, except for the last one.
"How many people are having orgasms right now?""Fifteen!"
- American Pie's virginity loss sequence.
- American Pie 2 features an aftermath montage near the end.
- A Fish Called Wanda: Kevin Kline and Jamie Lee Curtis are preparing for a night of wild sex, and John Cleese and Maria Aitken... aren't.
- Beyond the Valley of the Dolls: Rolls Royce sequence.
- Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood: partay in a cabin.
- The end of the 1999 film version of A Midsummer Night's Dream has the three main couples head upstairs for their wedding nights. Puck's ending narration plays over this.
- Noah's Arc: Jumping the Broom'' partay in a cabin.
- Nowhere (1997) somewhere in the middle.
- Shortbus begins and ends like this.
- Delicatessen features one of these wherein only one couple is actually having sex, but the activities of everyone else in the apartment building sync up to the same ever-quickening rhythm. The couple is the Butcher and his mistress. It's to show how everyone in the building is dancing to his rhythm, as it were.
- Suite 16 at one point intersperses a montage of one of the main characters having sex with a variety of prostitutes whilst the other one watches him do so on a hidden camera. It's... a pretty creepy film.
- Salige Er De Som Torster', a norwegian thriller, has an opening that cuts back and forth between two sex scenes (one straight and one lesbian, the later one with the heroine) and the brutal rape that starts of the central plot of the movie.
- One of many porno movies called Sugar Pussy about two white blonde lesbians and two uncut Latino men who abduct three blonde white women.
- Friends with Benefits: When Jamie and Dylan first start with their arrangement.
- Seducing Dr Lewis has one to show how the entire little fishing village used to have good sex when the fishing was still strong and plentiful.
- A sex montage makes up about a third of the Greek slasher film Razor.
- There's a hilariously raunchy one in Deadpool, as Wade and his girlfriend Vanessa have holiday sex throughout the year— all set to Neil Sedaka's "Calendar Girl". Valentine's Day, naturally, is played straight, but after that:
- Chinese New Year is, uh... Year of the Dog.
- International Women's Day has Vanessa doing the inserting, to Wade's obvious discomfort.
- During Lent, the two of them sit together by the window, reading.
- On Halloween, Wade goes down on Vanessa while wearing plastic vampire fangs. "Ouch", indeed.
- Thanksgiving, of course, involves mashed potatoes.
- The montage ends on Christmas, when Wade proposes.
- The Signature Scene of Sausage Party.
- At least two passages in Gravity's Rainbow feature a panorama of random sex acts. Probably more squick than sexy, however.
- House of Leaves features a brief part where Johnny reviews a list of his friend Lude's sexcapades of the past month, many of which involve some rather eyebrow-raising activities (golden showers, wetsuits, threesomes, etc). However, Johnny immediately deconstructs this trope by mentally giving each girl a tragic backstory (abortions, rape, Parental Incest, prostitution, etc.) It's that kind of book.
- Used in Best Served Cold, in a scene that initially looks like estranged lovers Shivers and Monza patching things up, but slowly reveals that they're not having sex with each other.
Live Action TV
- Big Love (a couple times, at least)
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer did this in season 7, except with one of the couples (Buffy and Spike) very pointedly not having sex
- The opening ten minutes of the first episode of Dante's Cove.
- This is how Glee shot Like a Virgin in the Madonna Episode, with three couples. Until it turns out to only be a shared fantasy between the three virgins, and only one of the couples actually has sex.
- Queer as Folk All the time.
- The L Word (season 5 Liquid Heat)
- The TV movie The Rat Pack has a humorous take on this, showing the hotel rooms of the members of the titular group in sequence (made easier by the simple mechanic of giving them rooms in a vertical stack so all the camera has to do is a slow pan up the building). The activities depicted within become increasingly risque up to the penultimate shot of Frank Sinatra with two women... with the final shot showing Dean Martin sitting up in bed, alone, quietly reading a newspaper and drinking a glass of milk.
- The Secret Life of the American Teenager did a strange variant of this with the main female characters going solo night after night. They got bored of it within a week.
- Sex and the City (Season 4, What's Sex Got to Do with It?) Charlotte's having great sex with her ex-husband, Carrie's having great sex with a guy with ADHD, Samantha's having great lesbian sex, and Miranda is eating junk food and watching television.
- True Blood
- A run-of-the-mill episode of General Hospital ended like this—two couples reconciling after an estrangement, one celebrating their engagement, and for another two couples, it was simply a nice way to cap off a lovely day.
- A similar episode on One Life to Live. What's touching is that one of the couples in question didn't have sex. She was still recovering from her rape and so they settled for snuggling together.
- The Affair: When Noah is seperated from his wife at the end of season 1, he's shown hooking up with a number of women in quick succession.
- mothy's The Lunacy of Duke Venomania from the Evillious Chronicles has the titular duke sleeping with several women he brainwashed into his harem. Its PV shows several (censored) images of him having sex with the individual women during each chorus.
- After an entire video full of incredibly blatant Visual Innuendo, Hot Action Cop's Fever for the Flava climaxes with apparently the whole city getting it on at once.
- In part 2 of Kirbopher's Parody Rangers: The Movie, the original rangers + a robotic owl do the nasty in order to gain their new powers. Billiam was not invited.
- The PV for "Duke of Venomania's Madness by Gakupo shows the many conquests of the Duke, along with lists showing their name, age, and occupation before they "went missing." Disturbingly, some ages are censored.