On the left, Homestar. On the right, Homsar.
At first, you'd think this character would be the long-lost twin of another character. But then you start to notice the differences. This character just seems off. It could be due to having a completely opposite personality (without being a full-on Evil Twin
). It could be due to exaggerating the original character's foibles. This character may even appear to be an Off Model
version of the original.
Regardless, this character is like a funhouse reflection of the original - distorted in possibly unimaginable ways, but still clearly patterned after the original.
Compare with Evil Knockoff
and Evil Twin
(the more sinister versions). Can lead to Other Me Annoys Me
Anime and Manga
- Kanchome from Zatch Bell! can transform into replicas of other charecters, but they're far from perfect. One had a nose that would make Cyrano De Bergerac feel normal and another has a forehead as big as the torso, luckily for him the people he had to fool were idiots
- How I Met Your Mother has "Stripper Lily", who speaks with an Eastern European accent, and "Mexican Wrestler Ted", who is exactly what it sounds like. The other characters had doppelgangers as well, but not particularly oddball ones.
- Barney could actually be considered the oddball doppleganger to his counter-part: a renowned, straight laced, consummately professional, fertility specialist.
- Played with in an episode of Seinfeld where Elaine comes across a "bizarro" version of her gang of guy friends: one member who is strangely like Jerry, one strangely like George, and one strangely like Kramer (as well as a mailman strangely like Newman). The twist, however, is that these counterparts, though definitely reminiscent of the originals, are actually more "normal" than the regular gang.
- Macro from . Subverted when it's revealed that he is not a clone at all, but Micro's long lost twin brother. And the reason for his odd and childish behaviour is that he was on a ton of medication for a disease in his legs.