open/close all folders
Anime & Manga
- Volume 1 of the seinen horror manga Hanako and the Terror of Allegory features some cowering female clinging to the hero's leg.
- The cover of Volume 84 of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Or Volume 4 of) Part 7: Steel Ball Run had a rare double male variant◊ with Johnny Joestar clinging onto Gyro Zeppeli's leg. It at least helps in Johnny's case that he's a paraplegic.
- Henry Rollins had a hilarious routine about van paintings like this, with the barbarian holding his sword aloft and "a wench clinging to his leg, staring wantonly at his nutsack, but he has no time for this woman, he needs to BOND WITH THE GOD OF THUNDER!!!"
- Mary Jane Watson, of all people clings to... wait for it, wait for it...The Punisher in Marvel Universe Vs. The Punisher.
- ElfQuest: Jink did a gender-reversed take on this one, with a publicity shot of Kullyn clinging to Jink's leg while she wields a laser rifle.
- Alex Ross's cover for Thulsa Doom.
- The second Image cover for King City has Anna clinging to Max's leg◊ amidst the xombie apocalypse.
- In The Simpsons/Futurama Crossover Crisis, after several characters had been pulled out of fiction, Conan is inconvenienced by one of these:
Conan: Ow, by Crom! It's hard enough to fight without this wench hanging off my leg!
Wench: Hey, I'm a leg wench. Do I tell you how to do your job?
- The cover for the first issue of Barack the Barbarian, as fitting for a Conan parody. (No, really, it exists.)
- In one of the stories of Garfield: His Nine Lives, Helga, the female Viking who turns into a bitchy businesswoman, has one of her underlings clinging to her leg when she reverts back to her original Viking form.
- In New Mutants this gets a Gender Flip , of a male on a females leg.
- Just to show that she is The Key/demon slaying queen interdimensional demi goddess Buffy the Vampire Slayer has a gender flipped version where Dawn is delivering a Curb-Stomp Battle as Xander clings to her leg.
- Red Sonja spoofed this in a drawing of the heroine standing over her slain enemies, with a dying mook clutching at her leg.
- A NSFW Star Wars T-shirt design.
- One Fanartist's Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot Avatar: The Last Airbender poster involves Memetic Badass Wang Fire... you know what, you just have to see it.◊
- One Boba Fett Comic.
- My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic:
- Join the Equestria Royal Guard Today! Featuring Shining Armor, and Princess Cadance doing the leg cling.
- Once Bon Bon was revealed as "Special Agent Sweetie Drops" in episode "Slice of Life", do you really think fan-artists could resist picturing Lyra clinging to her? Of course not. For starter, there's the illustration for the fanfic Bon-Bond: For Your Hooves Only.
- Deadpool really likes unicorns! So, Rarity obliges.
- "Son of Coul" parodies the Army of Darkness poster, Avengers-style, with Phil Coulson as the man with the BFG and Natasha Romanoff doing the clinging.
- The fan film Marvel Zombies vs. Army of Darkness also parodies this, with Gwen Stacy clinging to Ash's legs when they are confronted by several zombiefied Marvel heroes.
Films — Animation
Films — Live-Action
- The Army of Darkness poster◊. The strapping powerful male (also note the low angle "power" shot) with a Damsel in Distress literally clinging to his heel, with a phallic chainsaw for good measure.
- National Lampoon Films
- James Bond 007 in Moonraker◊.
- Though she doesn't fit in the buxom category, Elizabeth Swann inexplicably did this to Jack Sparrow in Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest while he was attempting to shoot the Kraken.
- The poster for Yor: The Hunter from the Future.
- The poster for Mallrats.
- Hell Comes to Frog Town◊
- Italian action B-movie Rolf◊.
- Flash Gordon's Parallel Porn Title Flesh Gordon.
- The poster◊ for Joe Dirt.
- The poster for Dolemite features several ladies doing this to our hero. One of them even has her fingers the wrapped around the gun between Dolemite's legs as it discharges. Yup.
- Subverted in Black Snake Moan — Rae does this to Lazarus as he plays the guitar and tells her about his life, but their relationship is decidedly non-sexual and weirdly sweet, even though she Really Gets Around and the plot was promoted as being otherwise.
- The Italian◊ poster for The Big Head.
- The poster for Super Capers, painted by Drew Struzan of all people.
- Averted in the first poster for A New Hope. All the elements are there, except the princess is standing on her own, looking away from the hero and holding a gun.
- The final pose of the movie Black Dynamite — see the page image of the article.
- Conan the Barbarian, as pictured above.◊ Plus Conan the Adventurer◊.
- Several of the Flashman books, including the eponymous debut and Flash for Freedom◊. With Flashman it's arguably a subversion, because the protagonist is a contemptible bully.
- Bimbos of the Death Sun: As part of its general Contemptible Cover, the eponymous book has a scantily-clad barbarian woman clinging to the leg of a muscular scientist with a clipboard.
- One promotion picture for Doctor Who has Christopher Eccleston in front with Billie Piper doing this.
- In As Time Goes By, Lionel is going on a promotion of his book, My Life in Kenya (a story about his time as a coffee planter in Kenya), but the publisher, Alistair, wants him to dress in the classic African Explorer outfit, complete with rifle, and to have a scantily-clad young girl clinging to his leg. "Li" is not happy.
- The Korean Drama Best Love: Jae Suk during a drunken confession to Dokko Gin.
Myths & Religion
- The Duke Nukem Forever promos feature a variant of this with Duke sitting in a throne and two girls at his feet.
- FMV in Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete, shows Luna awakened as the goddess Althena, doing this to Magic Emperor Ghaleon.
- The cover for Kaan: Barbarian's Blade.
- Featured on the title screen for an old Commodore 64 game called Stormlord, with a female character that's oddly smaller than the male character she is clinging to.
- Shao Kahn's victory pose in Mortal Kombat 9 features a slave girl in Go-Go Enslavement gear crawling over and performing a leg cling.
- Unsurprisingly, featured in the Deadpool video game, with two scantily clad women clinging to Deadpool's legs — as can be seen on Teamheadkick's "Deadpool Rap" video.
- Brent Sienna as Iron Thor is the cover to PvP #17◊.
- From Drowtales we have this homage to the famous Frazetta painting (requires a Daydream subscription to view) with the minor characters/Relic Hunters RP characters Tur'geis, Min'issya, and Riz'riia. Fits the above description to a tee, save for the not-at-all submissive facial expressions and body language of Min'issya and Riz'riia. Appropriate given that Tur'geis is a near Expy of both Ash Williams and Conan.
- Parodied in Ménage à 3: DiDi and Zii perform one of these for Dillon when he presents them all with tickets to his show.
- One strip from El Goonish Shive is a parody of the aformentioned Army of Darkness poster.
- In Impure Blood, Mac while Roan is rescuing her. Given that he is still fighting at this point, and they are still coming for her, one suspect she's trying to hide from those claws between his feet.
- Parodied in Dragon Mango: the door to Sherbert's house has a sign depicting a hero standing triumphantly over a monster's corpse with a leg clinger and has the caption "you must be at least this badass to enter".
- One of the flashback comics in Sister Claire features a version of this pose with Clementine and Gabi watching the sun rise over Thronum Mare — except Clementine is a scrawny teenage girl with horns and Gabi is her selkie girlfriend.
- A "historically accurate" model from Doctor Grordbort's Contrapulatronic Dingus Directory features Steam Punk hero Lord Cockswain being clasped this way by a Venusian princess, with the implication that they should actually be the other way round.
- A rare male-to-male example can be found in Freddie Wong's "Huge Guns" video, here.
- In the outtakes for Kickassia, Spoony (who brought a prop lightsaber for the fight) imitates Luke Skywalker for a poster shot while JewWario does the leg cling. Doug Walker put it best:
- The (fairly silly) Beast Wars episode "The Low Road" has a shot of the Maximals making a dramatic entrance, with Airazor doing this to Optimus◊; she's standing normally a moment later.
- Interesting variation in the Title Sequence for Adventure Time, in which the clinger is NOT an attractive woman, but the main character's dog. And brother. It's complicated.
- In the My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic episode "MMMystery on the Friendship Express", Pinkie Pie's Imagine Spot about Donut Joe destroying her cake with lasers ends with two mares appearing out of nowhere solely to strike this pose.
Variants without the Leg Cling
Anime & Manga
- The cover art for the infamous volume 13◊ of Berserk offers a variant, with a shirtless, bloodsoaked Guts cradling a naked Casca in his (severed) arm, while he holds a broken sword in the other arm and has sinister smirk on his face. The backdrop of the scene is full of demons, and Guts looks quite manly and victorious in the moment... If only it had actually played out like this in the actual story.
- The (NSFW) cover◊ of Jonah Hex. That girl is going to get so sunburned!
- The cover of the last issue of Johnny Turbo sports a retooling of the Star Wars cover. Notable in that it actually involves two guys.
- a recreation of the Enchantress◊ in front of Molecule Man's throne in his recent appearance in Dark Avengers.
- As seen here Clea is often posing submissively on Doctor Strange covers, no matter how much demonic ass she kicks in the actual story.
Films — Live-Action
- The cover of Tom Jone's CD The Lead and How to Swing It◊
- In the Gorillaz clip for "Feel Good Inc.", once Murdoc Niccals has risen up, he's surrounded by women in this submissive position.
- Not even Blooregard Q. Kazoo from Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends (who doesn't even have legs) is immune to an indulgent fantasy involving this trope.◊
- In the Chowder episode "Fireheart", during the song montage while Chowder is living with the dragons, there's a still shot of Chowder like this with Panini-Chowder has a stereotypical Conan physique, while Panini, for her part, is wearing a leopardskin bikini, with Hartman Hips and Gag Boobs. Must be seen to be believed.◊